ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: Yamaha72 on January 06, 2009, 11:53:57 PM

Title: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: Yamaha72 on January 06, 2009, 11:53:57 PM
I'm looking into buying my first gun, I know I need to get all my licenses and permits and what not but can't really decide on a gun to buy. Im looking for a quality, reliable gun on a budget.. The only one I had in mind was the Remington 870 12 Gauge. I am looking to buy a shotgun as of now, maybe some rifle action when I get a bit older and can afford one.. If anyone can chime in with some advice or direction that'd be great!
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: LostCause on January 07, 2009, 12:41:00 AM
How old are you and what do you want to use the gun for?
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: jrpro130 on January 07, 2009, 12:47:49 AM
You don't need a license or a permit to *buy* one.  If you are 18 y/o or older, and can pass a backround check you can buy it.

I'm a Remington fan :)
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: crom A zone on January 07, 2009, 01:10:30 AM
sawd off   12g   all the  way. go big or go home  and dont forget the pistal grip   and some slugs not buck shot
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: Yamaha72 on January 07, 2009, 02:27:12 AM
I'm 19 years old, turning 20 in a month, and I have shot a couple of my friends guns that go hunting in the S.T.A.'s and up north... I want it primarily for Hog/Duck seasons thats why I say licenses and permits.. Yea I can definitely pass a background check too..

4x4 - That would be cool, but rather impractical for my application..
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: crom A zone on January 07, 2009, 02:34:56 AM
every one needs a set up like that   its called home protection sir. ;D  and might i ad  perfect for "can" hunting's
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: Andy9933 on January 07, 2009, 03:48:39 AM
Remington or Mossburg
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: jrpro130 on January 07, 2009, 03:56:19 AM
Quote from: 4x4Matt on January 07, 2009, 02:34:56 AM
every one needs a set up like that   its called home protection sir. ;D  and might i ad  perfect for "can" hunting's

where is yours at bud?
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: crom A zone on January 07, 2009, 03:00:59 PM
at bro house
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: TRX450R_Racer on January 07, 2009, 03:55:00 PM
Here ya go. The street sweeper.

(http://members.shaw.ca/tmcveigh/Projects/GunRights/images/striker.jpg)
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: kaiser1990 on January 07, 2009, 07:53:49 PM
i've got two 870s there great guns
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: B. Graves on January 07, 2009, 10:53:03 PM
just get a mossberg 500, remington 870, or benelli nova. im gonna get a 3.5" magnum chambered gun next. might as well shell out the extra few bucks and get that. youll want it eventually. i believe that all the novas are 3.5" guns. my next gun will be a nova. go to gander mountain and just look at their guns and see what you like. they have them all sitting out where you can handle them.
Title: Re: Starter Shotgun Question..
Post by: z400250 on January 08, 2009, 03:19:00 AM
870 is a good gun, i've had a 870 express for 16 years!!
but to big to carry concealed!