ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: Ida_Mann on June 08, 2005, 04:01:19 PM

Title: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: Ida_Mann on June 08, 2005, 04:01:19 PM
I want to enclose a carport to make a one-car garage,,,if I buy the materials, anyone willing to do the masonry work?

I'll help of course.

in Deltona by the way.

Id@
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: Da_Mtg_Man on June 08, 2005, 10:04:44 PM
What does a Mason have to do with this? I thought they help sick children.  ;D
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: Quad32x on June 08, 2005, 11:49:21 PM
Tee  Hee. ;D
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: J.D. on June 08, 2005, 11:57:36 PM
Couldn't carry too many blocks int the cars they drive around in . :P
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: Honda328i on June 09, 2005, 02:25:38 AM
Id@ can you use wood instead?  (not knowing what it looks like)  Probably be less money too and easier to work with.
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: Ida_Mann on June 09, 2005, 11:10:39 AM
I could, but the home is concrete block, and I want to continue that,,,,pluss, my babies are going in the garage,,,,,I want them as secure as possible.

Id@
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: ace5180 on June 09, 2005, 12:12:30 PM
 What size is the carport? How tall are the walls going to be? Depending on the size I might be able to get the time off of work to help out.
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: Ida_Mann on June 09, 2005, 01:16:52 PM
just a 1-car carport and I'll have measurements soon, but standard size carport and roof,,,,,dunno even what that is.

but I have another idea as well that I would need a mason for, or someone to teach me how to lay the concrete block,,,,I'd love to do it myself if I could learn.

Id@
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: ace5180 on June 09, 2005, 06:05:21 PM
 It is not difficult to learn, but it is very tedious and you must have the patience to deal with it. If you want to learn how, I would be more than happy to teach you.
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: Ida_Mann on June 10, 2005, 01:44:59 AM
us computer guys are always learning something,,,,,,I'm always up to learning something new.

Id@
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: Honda328i on June 10, 2005, 01:51:21 AM
I did some brick laying in the 80's and might spare a few hours on a w/e sometime.  Save some bricks for a BBQ pit and we can make an event out of it!  --H
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: Ida_Mann on June 10, 2005, 11:46:59 AM
Quote from: Honda328i on June 10, 2005, 01:51:21 AM
I did some brick laying in the 80's and might spare a few hours on a w/e sometime.  Save some bricks for a BBQ pit and we can make an event out of it!  --H

hehehe BBQ pit was gonna be a project for later if I learned how to do it.

Id@
Title: Re: Masons? for a small job?
Post by: TRX350_On_The_Rack on June 10, 2005, 01:02:03 PM
You get permits for this? Not sure what the building code is where you live, but if it does require a permit and you haven't got one I'd do it before it's too late with the Hurricane Season and all. By the way where are you located? If I can make it I would be happy to help.