Well just got back from my first trip ever riding out of state with my my wifes parents and brother in law, we went to Royalblue in TN. and Coal Creek/Windrock in TN. and didn't end up making it to Tellico. It was amazing!! Windrock had some challenging trails for a sidexside in my opinion we did trails 16,12, as far as difficult and rode tons of the moderate trails, very fun!!
Only thing that sucked was the dust, it was so bad you couldn't see in front of or behind yourself but what a difference from FL. I took the RZR instead of the Grizzly 700 so my wife and I could ride safely together, it did awesome, exceeded every expectation I had for it, tons of power and a blast to drive I only hit the skid plates a couple of times ground cleance was not a problem at all like I thought it was going to be, I was going places the rhino was having a very difficult time going we had to spot the rhino quite a few times in the real tippy areas but it also did excellent as well!! The pics don't do any of the areas justice and they also don't show how steep some of the hills and mountains are, it was also some of the scariest riding I have ever done as well. I also have some video of my wife screaming at me about climbing a nasty little hill, i will post it as soon as I figure it out.
Heres a few pics!
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800010.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800009.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800015.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800050.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800071.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800094.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800087.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800086.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800026.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800028.jpg)
ICE was everywere, we slept in a tent that night, man it was cold!!! 23 degrees out at 8:45 a.m
so I have no idea what it was that night
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800030.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800079.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800067.jpg)
OUR Cabin
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800064.jpg)
(http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff358/r6realtor/TennNCOct0800092.jpg)
nice pics.....I just checked my cell phone to see if it was working because I never got a SxS invite to ride out of state :'(
sorry man, I was restricted to family only and so was my father in law he wanted a couple of his nutty buddies to come to!
how does that rzr handle the corners? and how is the stock suspension? Im asking because i have a messed back and cant really do the same type of ridng im used to. Place looks great to ride. Only similar place i've been to like that is Durhamtown in Georgia.
stock suspension is very soft but weak, it seems to loose it's ground clearance pretty quickly, that's why I went with aftermarket. It does awesome in corners you can drift it all day long.
Nice! I want one and I want to go.
ok heres a video, it doesn't look bad at all but it's pretty steep in reality but it cracks me up everytime my wife yells at me, even my father in law who is pretty serious in to rock crawling and hill climbs and has 50,000 rockcrawlers said he didnt like it either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX4R9Ve-h2Q
Nice Pics, we love our rzr too. Some of our friends went to Coal Creek about a month ago with their rzr and they had a great time. They are going back for Thanksgiving.
Now you know what we experienced at Brimstone and what i meant when i said that the pics do no justice. To cold up there for our liking right now though. We like it when its in the 70s in the day and 50s at night.
And the reason the rhino was tippy was because of the suspension, I know this because mine didnt tip at all thanks to the suspension you on it ;)
Quote from: MP on October 25, 2008, 09:09:06 AM
Now you know what we experienced at Brimstone and what i meant when i said that the pics do no justice. To cold up there for our liking right now though. We like it when its in the 70s in the day and 50s at night.
And the reason the rhino was tippy was because of the suspension, I know this because mine didnt tip at all thanks to the suspension you on it ;)
hey man! unfortunately once we were to far south of brimestone some guy talked to us about it in coal creek and said was a beautiful area and awesome riding, I actually totallly forgot about brimestone, so we will try to hit it next time we go. man that is a hell of drive, it takes us 6hours alone just to get out of FL. and yes we froze our butts off the 1st two nights in the tent then we got smart and rented cabins and hotels. And don't get me wrong that rhino did awesome as well, just got a little unstable on some of the off camber situations, I had wheels and wheel spacers on mine, so if I was stock I am sure I would have been the same way in needing a spotter.
close to nc?
Quote from: mikeE36 on October 27, 2008, 01:44:45 AM
close to nc?
Yep, very
Nice pics. I've heard from several friends that those places are awesome.
Congrats on the ride up there looked like fun was that the first good test on your RZR?
Quote from: 686RAPTOR on October 24, 2008, 09:59:42 PM
how does that rzr handle the corners? and how is the stock suspension? Im asking because i have a messed back and cant really do the same type of ridng im used to. Place looks great to ride. Only similar place i've been to like that is Durhamtown in Georgia.
Hey, the RZR is by FAR the best riding SxS! It's a real smooth ride! For your situation I would think the RZR is the only way to go. Towing and storage is less than the other SxS's but the ride is awsome!!
I forgot to ask with the new suspension do you still have the front sway bar hooked up or installed?
Great pics and thanks for posting!!! Looks like you and your family had a good time.
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on October 27, 2008, 09:25:23 AM
I forgot to ask with the new suspension do you still have the front sway bar hooked up or installed?
still hooked up, but iam thinking about taking it off just to see how it does. in TN. it was an unbelievable rock crawler, i was very very impressed!
From my experience you get about 6 more inches of travel on one front tire before the other front tire lifts up off the ground (with stock susp.) I do think I have a little more "body roll" with it disconnected
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on October 27, 2008, 10:19:41 AM
From my experience you get about 6 more inches of travel on one front tire before the other front tire lifts up off the ground (with stock susp.) I do think I have a little more "body roll" with it disconnected
I have also heard that about the body roll, however, many say aftermarket suspension cures this problem we will see?? Do you feel like you get a better/softer ride than stock??
Quote from: r6realtor on October 27, 2008, 10:36:37 AM
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on October 27, 2008, 10:19:41 AM
From my experience you get about 6 more inches of travel on one front tire before the other front tire lifts up off the ground (with stock susp.) I do think I have a little more "body roll" with it disconnected
I have also heard that about the body roll, however, many say aftermarket suspension cures this problem we will see?? Do you feel like you get a better/softer ride than stock??
As far as I could tell the ride is about the same (not enough for me to notice) the body roll was the only thing I could tell