I just bought a mini chopper(i realize its not an atv) with these specs be street legal?:
Engine Type
LiFan 200cc 4 Stroke Single Cylinder
Displacement
200 ml
Max Horsepower
9.5KW/8000 rpm
Cooling System
Air-Cooled
Transmission
Lifan 4 speed Manual
Driveline
Chains Driven
Starting System
Electric / Kick Start
Ignition
CDI
Max Speed
60+ MPH (Depending on Riders Weight and Road Conditions)¡¡
Max Torque
8.0 nm
Battery
12V/7Ah
Fuel Capacity
5 liters
Brakes / Suspension / Chassis
Frame
Reinforced Steel Tube
Front Suspension
Dual Telescopic Forks
Rear Suspension
Front Brakes
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Rear Brakes
Hydraulic Disk Brake
Brake Operation
Hand/Hand Brake
Front Tires
16" with Aluminum Light Alloy
Rear Tires
14" with Aluminum Light Alloy
Clutch
4 speed manual
Controls / Safety
Thumb Throttle (Y/N)
N
Brake Pedal (Y/N)
Rear brake foot
Remote Start (Y/N)
N
Remote Engine Stop (Y/N)
N
Remote Alarm (Y/N)
N
Speed Governor (Y/N)
N
Light
Headlights, Front & Rear Turning Signals, Tail Lights, Brake Lights
Capacities / Dimensions
Weight Capacity
330 lbs
Net Weight
238 lbs
Gross Weight
256 lbs
Ground Clearance
5 inches
Length
92.5 inches
Width
37.6 inches
Height
34 inches
Seat Height
20 inches
Wheelbase
74 inches
Warranty
Engine
1 Year Power train
Frame
1 Year
Parts
6 Months
Government Certifications
EPA Approved
It has a vin but I know in california its illegal, not so sure about any other states
if someone could please answer, I will simply delete the post if asked
If no one here can give you a sure answer, maybe you could try www.BikerFlorida.com The same fellow who owns this site started that one.
I would simply just go down to the tag agency and act like its just a motorcycle. If it does not say OFF ROAD VEHICLE on the title, then more than likely they wouldn't know and give you a tag. Just do not give them any info on it unless they ask. There are plenty of motorcycles on the raod that has less then 200cc. I don't see why it wouldn't be illegal. I think the ones that are illegal in California is those pocket bikes. They were having a lot of problems with people buying them up and running them on the highway because they were 49cc and people were considering them as no different then a moped.
Sounds street legal. Don't forget you need to have the motorcycle endorsement on you drivers license.
ok thanks, I will also try the other forum, thanks for the help...
im curious to see what it looks, like got a pic???
yea here, I dont have a pic of mine yet, dont have a digital camera, but it looks exactly like this but its is black with the secondary of green