anyone around coral springs area thats good with trimming fenders that dont mind helping out? I got them marked out already i just no if i do it i will mess them up very bad
SAWZAW
um thatmight be how i messes up last time i used a knife
the plastics will bounce with a sawzaw in less you have a lot of hands to help use a razor knife and cut as close to where you want to end up then finish with a hand grinder it will come out sweet this how i have done them for years
I have cut a couple of sets. I used a air compressor and die grinder. turned out great, fast and easy. when done cuting you can round the edge off.
thank you all for the help i am gonna give it a try nd than hopefuly jrpro will take pics and put them up here so you all can see and let me no what u think there will be pics soon
I used a sawzall didn't bounce around just had to set it on the fastest setting it turned out great then i just filed the edges and hit them with some sandpaper.the quad looks 1000 times better without those big front fenders.
thats cool glad it came out nice for you
Dremel tool with a cutting wheel, saw zaw, jig saw, hack saw, whatever works. I personally like the dremel. I have done a bunch for a ton of people. If your careful you can use a potato peeler when your done to really smooth out the edges, followed by a lighter. If its your first time I recommend smoothing it out when your done with a file.
i got it done and i must say ofr my first time they camo out really good i used my die grinder than a cookie on die grander to smooth them up followed by sand paper thanx u all for the help pics will be up very soon just gotta add them to comp
Quote from: cutngrs on October 03, 2008, 12:32:51 PM
the plastics will bounce with a sawzaw in less you have a lot of hands to help use a razor knife and cut as close to where you want to end up then finish with a hand grinder it will come out sweet this how i have done them for years
I was joking.
lol
(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/jrpro130/Y2lkXzQ5OS5qcGc.jpg)
man o man my bike looks so hot lol jrpro u are the best for getting them up
let me no what u all think bout the cut
looks sick but no more mud riding for you lol. 8)
Quote from: quadracer1992 on October 06, 2008, 08:37:27 PM
looks sick but no more mud riding for you lol. 8)
no sir no more mud riding lol i got no air box just k and n filter off the carb u see i got street tires one her and soon a set of paddle tires for the sand drag if u look close there is a pos 4x4 behind that bike so i got it coverded and thank you for the complement it was my first time cutting fenders
turned out good, looks nice :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
thank you guys
looks just like the Lakers.
They look real nice, its pretty cool being able to see your tires while you ride ;)
that is right knucklebuster i tried sending you a pm with my number so we can meet up an ride some time just for fun you i got truck and trialer i dont mind driving
Quote from: 4x4Matt on October 07, 2008, 08:30:49 PM
that is right knucklebuster i tried sending you a pm with my number so we can meet up an ride some time just for fun you i got truck and trialer i dont mind driving
Odd, I think I have your number in an older pm. That sounds cool man. I'll let you know once my bike is fixed, and I have some gas money ;)
sounds good