Poll
Question:
Should I get this GPS?
Option 1: Yes
votes: 7
Option 2: No
votes: 4
Option 3: Its alright but you can get better for the price.
votes: 1
description of the explorist 200.
Full keyboard and joystick helps you find the function you need quickly and easily
Large 2.3" high-resolution grayscale display
True Fix Technology for reliable WAAS accuracy to within 3 meters
Superior tracking with 14 parallel channels
Three navigation screens with plotter on basemap
Rugged and compact design
One of the smallest GPS units on the market, weighing just 4 ounces
With 500 waypoints, 20 routes and 2,000 log points
Uses 2 AA batteries
About TrueFix Technology:
TrueFix GPS technology takes advantage of 14 parallel channels, supported by WAAS and EGNOS Satellite-Based Augmentation Systems for fast signal acquisition, minimal signal loss and reliable accuracy to within 3 meters
[attachment deleted by admin]
definatley do your research and always check out Ebay. I bought my Magellan from Ebay for $35.00 it is not as elborate as this modle shown but it will get me in and out of the forest as other areas as well.
I had a Magellan. I tossed it in the garbage and bought a Garmin eTrex Vista. I loved it. I then bought a Garmin 176C for the boat (I couldn't read the eTrex's screen while under way without my reading glasses). I am extremely biased. I love their software and their GPS'.
Kurt
The Garmins are very good GPS systems I have about 3 or 4 friends with them and they are all satisfied.
I had this unit. Not too impressed with it's features or the navigation stick. You cannot put in expandable memory like the one I bought.
Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on June 07, 2005, 10:10:01 AM
I had this unit. Not too impressed with it's features or the navigation stick. You cannot put in expandable memory like the one I bought.
what did u buy?
havent tried magellan but have tried various garmins and they are very user friendly(at least i understand them easily)
also- you dont need one with all hte bells and whistles. just complicates it with stuff youll never use. basic features-get in, get out.
Quote from: Njoutlaw88 on June 07, 2005, 03:17:07 PM
Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on June 07, 2005, 10:10:01 AM
I had this unit. Not too impressed with it's features or the navigation stick. You cannot put in expandable memory like the one I bought.
what did u buy?
Bought the Magellan Gold for $200. Expandible memory slot is great for downloading maps and/or adding Direct Route which will guide you to your destination with beeps and arrows on the screen. It also can take a lot of abuse. Only thing I wish is for it to be color, but at the time was $150 difference.