ok got a question. i have a swamp buggy, i would liketo go out to holylands and use it, not for hunting, just pleasure cruise. what do i need to make it "legal" meaning permits
44 views and no one knows?
I thought you just have to register it as an ORV.
I know tracks there are only x number of permits, so you have to find a dinosaur track and rebuild it if you are goign to use it, or just buy a nice used one.
As for a buggy, just be carefull, it gets scary out there...been there been stuck plenty of nights out at holey lands even on my big bore bike...
o trust me i have walked those trails plenty of times too. but thanks for the help, i know about fulltracks having only so much permits, rebuilding old ones.. but buggys, im not to sure about.
Quote from: bocephus300 on September 13, 2008, 06:49:30 PM
ok got a question. i have a swamp buggy, i would liketo go out to holylands and use it, not for hunting, just pleasure cruise. what do i need to make it "legal" meaning permits
The only thing you may need is a flag to ride at Holeylands. I couldn't find anything in the 08-09 hunting book that says anything about a buggy, so I figure If an ATV or AirBoat needed a flag, a buggy may also. As soon as your buggy hits the levy it will need headlamps, taillamps and brake lights.
sounds good to me, just gotta work out something as for brake lights
Quote from: bocephus300 on September 15, 2008, 08:52:04 PM
sounds good to me, just gotta work out something as for brake lights
I think as long as everything else is there, they may not mess with you about the brake light. My buggy doesn't even have brakes.... or a brake pedal.