The 2nd annual kids day is at croom Sat. Sept 13th Lots and Lots of sponseors will be there. Also there will be several professional riders to sign autographs and maybe even some "well known" pro. riders.
There will be alot of activites for the kids, free hot dogs too. Division of forestry will be there and i beleve the Hernando Co. fire rescue and sheriffs will be there. This is a big event you should check it out.......................
is it wet ?
I cant make it for my son has both of my bikes parted out so he has his 450r is good to go he maybe going to l-cross to help brett lay out the track for the quad srambles oct.11 89 250r missing shocks and my 450r missing the carbuator slide
Last year "Ironman" John Natalie was there signing autographs ;)
Quote from: Able on September 10, 2008, 12:34:28 AM
Last year "Ironman" John Natalie was there signing autographs ;)
Cool!
Also I would make sure if you have a child under 16 that they have completed the safety course. I would bet they are checking.
I've ridden there a couple of times with Natalie. he's very kewl. I would've kept up with him too if I didn't eat right before I got there and I had cramps and my shoe laces were untied and my quad ran out of gas and my Grandmother died.
Quote from: bigdaddyis it wet ?
Croom got a lot of rain with Hannah. As of last weekend, the mud holes in the front pit were full and there was a bit of water in the back. (I assume you were askin for mudding purposes.) The trails have been good and dry though.
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 10, 2008, 12:57:32 AM
Quote from: Able on September 10, 2008, 12:34:28 AM
Last year "Ironman" John Natalie was there signing autographs ;)
Cool!
Also I would make sure if you have a child under 16 that they have completed the safety course. I would bet they are checking.
Actually I don't know if they're requiring the permits yet. They had to put that on hold since they didn't have the facilities to train kids at Croom. I spoke to the rangers and that's why they fenced off one of the kids' riding areas in the Oak area. the state said it had to have grass before it could be used as a training ground. That coupled with the very few trainers certified and the waiting lists to get into them. They told me at this point they aren't enforcing the kid permits YET. That was about 2-3 weeks ago, so check first.
Quote from: Able on September 10, 2008, 01:45:54 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 10, 2008, 12:57:32 AM
Quote from: Able on September 10, 2008, 12:34:28 AM
Last year "Ironman" John Natalie was there signing autographs ;)
Cool!
Also I would make sure if you have a child under 16 that they have completed the safety course. I would bet they are checking.
Actually I don't know if they're requiring the permits yet. They had to put that on hold since they didn't have the facilities to train kids at Croom. I spoke to the rangers and that's why they fenced off one of the kids' riding areas in the Oak area. the state said it had to have grass before it could be used as a training ground. That coupled with the very few trainers certified and the waiting lists to get into them. They told me at this point they aren't enforcing the kid permits YET. That was about 2-3 weeks ago, so check first.
That's good to know.
To add to what Able said I had heard one of the ranger stated they don't have the manpower to really enforce it that well. However it may be easier now as the attendance there is poor due to it being renewal time for the permits and gas prices blah , blah blah. It has been dead there lately.
is 17 years old being a kid? i want some hotdogs lol do i still get to meet some pro riders?
i think it was 2 years ago that we saw john natalie at croom. the whole place just stopped and watched. he ripped the front pit for about 30 minutes. here are some pics. enjoy.
;D
;D and thanks again to the guy who towed me out of the pit when i blew my one way bearing.
Cool pics! Where's the ones of Michelle Natalie?
we was there then that was about 2 yaers ago hes really cool. man he can hall azz around the front pit hit the woops like no problem frank was sick that weekend with the classmate flu ;) LOL
couple more.
What is the age limit to be a "kid"...
i'm going to guess under 16.
Yes!!! free food for me!
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 10, 2008, 04:51:20 PM
i'm going to guess under 16.
thats not true iam 45 i think iam still a kid and i dont want to grow up
Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 10, 2008, 04:51:20 PM
i'm going to guess under 16.
lol darn now i have to bring more food
im 18 and id still consider myself a kid. being grown sucks. you havbe to get a job and support everyone and all that crap. its 50 bucks to ride at croom right? thats july 1 through june 30? i might go do that since holopaw is submerged.
being a kid is awesome but i wish i had a job. i have some needs but primarily wants to fufill. My quad is where i would love all my money to go after i get a car lol