ATV Florida Forum

General => Photo Gallery & Videos => Topic started by: Ride1Rob on September 08, 2008, 05:30:56 PM

Title: 2009 revamped YFZ450R!!!
Post by: Ride1Rob on September 08, 2008, 05:30:56 PM
Yamaha has revamped the YFZ450 and now call the YFZ450R...

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/620/0/home.aspx


Engine
Type 449cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid Cooled w/ Fan, Titanium 5-Valve DOHC

Bore x Stroke 95mm x 63.4mm

Compression Ratio 11.6:1

Fuel Delivery Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 42mm

Ignition TCI (Digital)

Starting System Electric 

Transmission 5-Speed Manual Clutch 

Drive Train 2WD; Sealed O-Ring Chain, Eccentric Adjustment


Chassis
Suspension/Front Independent Double Wishbone, 9.8". Kashima Coated Piggy Back Shocks, High/Low Speed Compression, Rebound and Threaded Preload Adjustment.

Suspension/Rear Cast Aluminum Swing Arm, 11.0". Piggy Back High/Low Speed Compression, Rebound and Threaded Preload Adjustment.

Brakes/Front Dual Ventilated Hydraulic Disc , Twin Piston

Brakes/Rear Wave Style Ventilated Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston

Tires/Front AT21x7-10 Radial 

Tires/Rear AT20x10-9 Radial 


Dimensions
L x W x H 70.7 x 48.8 x 41.9 in

Seat Height 31.9 in

Wheelbase 50.0 in

Ground Clearance 4.5 in

Fuel Capacity 2.6 gal

Wet Weight 405 lb


Other
Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector Headlights and 3.9/0.5W LED Brake light

Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)  
Title: Re: 2009 revamped YFZ450R!!!
Post by: TRX450R_Racer on September 09, 2008, 12:13:39 PM
Definitely sweet!
Title: Re: 2009 revamped YFZ450R!!!
Post by: novadave on September 09, 2008, 09:22:48 PM
I love all the new changes they made. Just wish i could afford a new one.
Title: Re: 2009 revamped YFZ450R!!!
Post by: TRX450R_Racer on September 09, 2008, 09:46:32 PM
I agree it looks like Honda is the only one that missed the boat this year. They are always slow to change. I can afford it but I could never sell my old one. I have way too much money in it. Not only that, but all the time and sentimental value. Plus I would have to either kill my wife or keep it at the neighbors house.
Title: Re: 2009 revamped YFZ450R!!!
Post by: quick26 on September 10, 2008, 08:52:27 AM
that looks like a nice machine