I took my 450r apart today to paint the frame in black, My question is, Is it better to get it power coated or just sandblasted and painted? I have a friend that can do it for me with awl-grip boat paint.
(http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x116/Gato717/pitistuff008.jpg)
and a little extra for car guys
(http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x116/Gato717/pitistuff009.jpg)
That's a SWEET car!
If you can get it painted for next to nothing then do that. I don't know how tough that paint is but powdercoating is really durable.
It is tough but Is power coating it better in ur opinion? I gotta get pics of it flaming it shoots out the pipes about 9-12 feet and rest on the ground
paint is not tough it scratches easya nd rubs off from the boots PC is the way to go
I think you should sand blast it and powed coat it ....Cool Car you have there :ThumbsUp.giftop .. the top one is 37 ford bottom 23 ford T-bucket Both Build Ford Tough with Chevy Stuff
Damn Turboderf you've come a long way. Posting pictures without using a wrench!
:ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
Power coated it
(http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x116/Gato717/pitistuff029.jpg)
(http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x116/Gato717/pitistuff035.jpg)
(http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x116/Gato717/pitistuff045.jpg)
(http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x116/Gato717/pitistuff047.jpg)
Before
(http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x116/Gato717/Atvs/IMG_0722.jpg)
Good call going the powdercoat route. Now it won't chip on you and flake off. It will last longer too. Looks very nice and clean man. Goodjob!
It's looks AWESOME! You need to take some better pictures.
Very nice. Looks great.
that looks mean with the black pc. sweet!