Engine shot and looking for a replacement, where is my best bet to look?
ebay or search for a rolled or badly wrecked one and pull the engine from that.
call jacks cycle and salvage he might have something hes in sanford (407) 302-3311
do you know of anyone that sells crate motors other than the dealer?
TOY_DOCTOR on this site parts out atv's.
whats wrong with the engine? im sure you dont need a whole new engine.
it's been rebuilt 3 times and I still can't keep rings in it. the last time it was punched 50 over with new rings, piston, rod, and bearings. A complete rebuild 100 hours later and it's smoking again. What else could I do.
Quote from: mark38090 on August 10, 2008, 07:23:23 PM
it's been rebuilt 3 times and I still can't keep rings in it. the last time it was punched 50 over with new rings, piston, rod, and bearings. A complete rebuild 100 hours later and it's smoking again. What else could I do.
are you sure its burning oil or maybe its burning coolant?
might want to check your oil cooler and lines if you seem to have this happening. You may want to install a fan on the cooler to help keep the oil cooler. The sensor and fan assembly is about $250. You can install a manual switch in the circuit and when you feel the heat building, switch it on before the sensor does