got a new toy for the everglades
I figured you sold your Grizz .
I seen your thread regarding aircraft or automotive engines, which is better.
Becareful ridin the boat , its a matter of time b4 one sinks.
still ride, big cypress after aug 1st...
nice boat. just be careful...I've heard war stories about some of those bad boys going DOWN.
I'm considering a bass boat...I've rode atv's/dirtbikes my whole life, but driving 2hrs for riding is just plain crazy!
i got a bass boat for ya.nice one like a bass tracker but nicer 18 ft 70hp johnson nice................. ;)
I'm looking for a 2000 and up 19-21ft with a 150 and up. I'm going to possibly sell the ATV and throw a lot of cash down for a newer boat :)
Who knows...might just sell the ATV and save myself a lot of money and get an airboat or buggy.
hey your a member of southernairboat.com arent u
now i am....
I sure am.. I was just on there the other day but it drives me crazy because I WANT ONE.
hell kenny give it a try
It's only a matter of time....
The price of buying new ATVs is higher than many good used airboats and other OHVs(Jeeps, buggies). So, why not buy those and ride Holylands/BC, etc.?
because we have camps out in the glades where not a lot of people ride
its not a mess out there like hollylands was
=]
Quote from: rancher4x4 on August 03, 2008, 09:31:46 PM
because we have camps out in the glades where not a lot of people ride
its not a mess out there like hollylands was
=]
I'll second that !!
And like to mention that the mess that became of HoleyLand and Area 3 was the result of too many bad apples . Honestly it sucks that we have no where to go muddin or just to ride anymore but, when WMA's become the next hot spot to go muddin' we're only hurtin' ourselves.
We have your L-Cross, Mudfest's of the world for that .
I used to occasionaly hunt the west end of Holey Land years ago. Over the years the numbers became greater and more frequent to the point where its over now. When walk hunt season opened up those trails where impassable on foot.
IMO , the cypress cant/should not become the next muddin spot.
Folks out there are not goin' tolerate it . :lecture.gif
Especially with the environmental groups who have nothing better to do but take pictures of ORV trails and threaten to sue the park service and any governing-body who is responsible for "protecting the resource".
Quote from: foreman1 on August 04, 2008, 12:44:56 AM
Quote from: rancher4x4 on August 03, 2008, 09:31:46 PM
because we have camps out in the glades where not a lot of people ride
its not a mess out there like hollylands was
=]
I'll second that !!
And like to mention that the mess that became of HoleyLand and Area 3 was the result of too many bad apples . Honestly it sucks that we have no where to go muddin or just to ride anymore but, when WMA's become the next hot spot to go muddin' we're only hurtin' ourselves.
We have your L-Cross, Mudfest's of the world for that .
I used to occasionaly hunt the west end of Holey Land years ago. Over the years the numbers became greater and more frequent to the point where its over now. When walk hunt season opened up those trails where impassable on foot.
IMO , the cypress cant/should not become the next muddin spot.
Folks out there are not goin' tolerate it . :lecture.gif
Especially with the environmental groups who have nothing better to do but take pictures of ORV trails and threaten to sue the park service and any governing-body who is responsible for "protecting the resource".
I'll add my third to this. We in the Big Cypress are VERY organized, well funded and "plugged in" with the power that be. We will NEVER let the Big Cypress turn into what the Holeylands became. That was a terrible situation that was solved in the only possible way available.
and I will also agree with you
Just got my buggy fired up after the hurricane dropped a tree on it in 2005. ;)
No pictures Howard?
Quote from: big-daddy on August 17, 2008, 04:27:51 PM
No pictures Howard?
...and here I thought you guys claimed not to know my name. Did you see it on my mail when driving by and not stopping to pay me what you promised?
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/IMG_0643.jpg)
Who is you guys? Buggy looks more like a rolling chassis.
Quote from: big-daddy on August 17, 2008, 06:43:17 PM
Who is you guys? Buggy looks more like a rolling chassis.
Had to cut the deck off because it was totaled by the ficus. 800lbs vehicle weight and 350 HP makes for some serious fun though. ;)
I was thinking of putting paddles on the back, but I just got some 44's and am on the fence which direction I am going to take it. I still have a 4x4 one ton PU to make into a 'crawl through the swamp' rig with, but in reality I hate going slow so I probably won't bother and get my air boat back in shape instead.