Please Check this out
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897
WOW!! Good story. Thanks Earth Rider ;D
It kinda funny we tell out customer all the time about this and hold our vendors to provide us with fresh tires. Yet they make it seam like no one knows but alot of people do.
They also make it seam like its hidden on the inside wall of the tire but its actually on both sides for place of production the last 3 - 4 number the date of manufacture is only required to be printed on one side.
Other countries have regulations requiring you to change out your tires every 4-5 years depending on where you are. If it were to be placed in affect people would just complain ... kinda a double edged sword.
Thanks for the link, I am going to go check my tires right now.
Thanks for the heads up.
I check my tires right away when I watch the link. The last new set I put on my van was already a year and a half old when I bought them.
Checked mine thats scary to know,but our goverment has got our back.
This is no secret to anybody that has worked in the tire industry. I have known about dating on tires for over 20 years. Not correctly airing up your tires or high speeds is more dangerous than an old tire in my opinion. Most accidents like that are from over or underinflated tires. They did not mention any of that. They are always trying to scare people to get a good news story. It was good that some people are now informed about the dating.
Mine says DOT APTO FB11. What the heck year was that?
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on July 21, 2008, 07:35:49 AM
Mine says DOT APTO FB11. What the heck year was that?
I think you got a concept tire somehow. Thats a Future Build date of 2011. Those are not supposed to have been sold yet.
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on July 21, 2008, 07:35:49 AM
Mine says DOT APTO FB11. What the heck year was that?
Check the other side of the tire the manufacture date is only printed on onside whereas the DOT number is printed on both sides
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/TireSafety/ridesonit/brochure.html