Ok, its official. I'm pleased to announce that ATVS GONE WILD will be hosting the MISSION: MUD event at Plant Bamboo. All the details can be found on our site www.atvsgonewildonline.com (http://www.atvsgonewildonline.com). Spread the word and let's make this first (hopefully the first of many to come) event BIG!!!
looks like fun! I may compete!
I'm going there on Sat. to check it out. Never been to Bamboo before.
i cant get on the website while at work, what are the details? location? what days? price to get in? rules?
Here are the details as listed on our site......
MISSION: MUD
Come join us for an event like no other at the Plant Bamboo (www.plantbamboo.com (http://www.plantbamboo.com)) property from Aug. 7th - 10th. We have been moving earth and other natural resources at the site for weeks to build mud bog and quadcross courses designed for competition. There are also several natural mud pits and water holes for entertainment. Please contact us (www.atvsgonewildonline.com/Contacts.html (http://www.atvsgonewildonline.com/Contacts.html)) with any questions. Vendors contact us for sign-up and additional information. Pics of the site will be coming soon!!!!
General Info:
- Gates open at noon on Thursday (Aug. 7th) and close at 7pm on Sunday (Aug. 10th)
- Admission is $20/day or $30 for the entire weekend
- Separate Truck/Buggie and ATV riding areas and mud pits
- Shower Stalls, Wash Stations, Pressure Cleaning, Bathroom Facilities, Vendors and plenty of Camping Areas
- Free ATV Pressure Washing for those wearing an ATVS GONE WILD T-Shirt. T-Shirts are $7 and can be purchased at the event or in advance by emailing us via www.atvsgonewildonline.com/Contacts.html (http://www.atvsgonewildonline.com/Contacts.html)
Directions:We are located on Highway 714, just 3/4 miles west of the railroad tracks. Look for the four bamboo poles with flags on the north side of the road. There is also a large red mailbox with the address 27695 SW Martin Highway on the side, and you can see the barn from the road.
If you are driving in from the east, we are located 14 miles west of I-95.
If you are driving in from the west, we are located 2.4 miles east of the intersection of Highway 714 and Highway 710.
(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb64/acandales001/Martin20County20Mini20Map.gif)
Rules:
- No Glass bottles
- No Firearms or Large Knives
- No Pets
- No Dirt Bikes or 3-Wheelers
- Helmets Required For Competitions (Mud Bog and QuadCross) Only
- There will be separate riding areas (mud pits) designated for Trucks/Buggies and ATVs. ATVs will be allowed around the perimeter of Truck/Buggie areas for viewing purposes and vice versa. A site map with details will be distributed at the gate and signs will be up near the pits.
Competitions:Mud Bog- 2 Classes: 500cc and under class; Open class
- Head to Head Bracket System Elimination
- Prizes for winners of each class ($100 Cash, ATVS GONE WILD T-Shirt, Guest Spot in ATVS GONE WILD video)
QuadCross Course- 2 Classes: 500cc and under class; Open class
- Best lap time wins
- Prizes for winners of each class ($100 Cash, ATVS GONE WILD T-Shirt, Guest Spot in ATVS GONE WILD video)
Biggest ATV- We're looking for the largest ATV at the event...biggest lift, tires, etc.
- Prizes for winner ($100 Cash, ATVS GONE WILD T-Shirt, Guest Spot in ATVS GONE WILD Video)
Competition Schedule: Coming Soon!!!
Pics of the Site:Coming Soon!!!!
Hell Yea
I am bring a group of people with me.
Can't WAIT :) :) :) :) :)
hmm lets see if i can make it
I just updated the details (General Info. and Rules sections) with specifics relating to trucks and buggies at the event. Basically there will be separate riding areas for ATVS and Trucks/Buggies. You can park your vehicle around the perimeter of any given area for viewing, but cannot ride in the area unless the vehicle you are on is allowed in that given area. This is done for safety reasons.
Do you have to register for the competitions ahead of time or can you register when you get there ? Will they be held everyday or just one of the days ?
ill more than likely be heading down there. sounds like fun.
MudMan, was i talkin to you last time when mudfest was still on about meetin up and followin eachother down there since you were passin by deland anyways? or was that someone else?
Quote from: MudMan on July 11, 2008, 03:42:45 PM
Do you have to register for the competitions ahead of time or can you register when you get there ? Will they be held everyday or just one of the days ?
The competitions will all be held Saturday (starting around 11am or so) and you will be able to register at the event starting on Saturday morning up until a few minutes before the event (I will be updating the Competition Schedule section on our site shortly). I will also be posting a registration sheet on our website that can be filled out ahead of time. Everyone will receive a map and agenda at the gate which will list the locations and times for the competitions. Remember, helmets are required for the competitions.
Thanks ;D
atvsgonewld good to hear from you thank you for the clip on you site hate to bring you the bad news but my green bike is dead for now. i am in the middle of rubuilding top end to see what went wronge this time but i got a 2005 kfx400 jacked up on 27 inch ag tires and 14 inch rim i will enter in the mud bog and see how she runs might put all the 4x4 to shame rode l cross hole weekend and did not get stuck
So thats awesome, we don't have to pre register!
I'll be competing with the 700. Is there an open/reg class? or just a 500 and up class?
Quote from: billabongcr on July 11, 2008, 04:00:43 PM
ill more than likely be heading down there. sounds like fun.
MudMan, was i talkin to you last time when mudfest was still on about meetin up and followin eachother down there since you were passin by deland anyways? or was that someone else?
ya that was me....you want to meet up and just go there instead of mudfest ? Mudfest is too expensive now in my opinion and this event sounds fun, plus its thursday-sunday. I know exactly where its at so maybe we can get a caravan or whatnot. Let me know.
nice...i dont have to compete against the big bore utes.
Quote from: jrpro130 on July 11, 2008, 07:42:56 PM
So thats awesome, we don't have to pre register!
I'll be competing with the 700. Is there an open/reg class? or just a 500 and up class?
There are 2 classes
1) 500 and under
2) everything else ;)
Hey, its on our website, but if anyone knows Vendors who would be interested in a spot on Vendor row, please have them contact us. Just trying to make sure we have enough food and refreshment options on site. Any other ATV related vendors are also welcome of course. I would guess that whoever was planning on vending at Mudfest may want to reconsider for 2 reasons:
1) There aren't going to be nearly as many people there as in the past.
2) The people that do attend are less likely to want to spend any additional money at the event since they already paid so much to get in.
Thanks again for your continued support ;)
Quote from: ATVSGONEWILD on July 11, 2008, 08:01:13 PM
Hey, its on our website, but if anyone knows Vendors who would be interested in a spot on Vendor row, please have them contact us. Just trying to make sure we have enough food and refreshment options on site. Any other ATV related vendors are also welcome of course. I would guess that whoever was planning on vending at Mudfest may want to reconsider for 2 reasons:
1) There aren't going to be nearly as many people there as in the past.
2) The people that do attend are less likely to want to spend any additional money at the event since they already paid so much to get in.
Thanks again for your continued support ;)
LMAO...you are just milking the fact that mudfest raised its prices. And rubbing it in every chance you get. I love it.
The thing is alot of these mudfest-type events in and around the Okeechobee area are very similar because they are basically just cow pastures turned into mudding areas. You will have some people who are drawn to the excessively large crowds that mudfest draws (or atleast did in the past) and you will have some people who enjoy the average size like at L-CROSS. I think what yall offer is different though because your actually having races and events which is nice. I'm not sure if I'll be a big fan of the separate areas for trucks and ATVs because I like taking my bike in the big ruts that the trucks make. I can understand it from a safety point of view but sometimes its hard looking at a mudpit and not being allowed in it LOL. I enjoy L-CROSS alot and I also thought Muddigras was very well run. Hopefully yall can put on a good event.
Any reason yall chose Plant Bamboo ?? Any ideas for any future events ??
can't wait!!!
I know I probably won't win...bc there are some big bikes...but i can hold my own. If all else fails I'll wheelie the entire bog :)
Quote from: 4x4Matt on July 11, 2008, 06:36:59 PM
atvsgonewld good to hear from you thank you for the clip on you site hate to bring you the bad news but my green bike is dead for now. i am in the middle of rubuilding top end to see what went wronge this time but i got a 2005 kfx400 jacked up on 27 inch ag tires and 14 inch rim i will enter in the mud bog and see how she runs might put all the 4x4 to shame rode l cross hole weekend and did not get stuck
Sounds like someone needs to take a self confidence course. I don't think he likes himself enough. :D
hey its hard to be the best like m you no
matt needs self confidence courses :)
hey matt this is the perfect time to see who's bike is bigger and badder!!!
i do ill let my 4x4 stay broken well if i fix it ill run it up in the 500cc and bigger class and its only a 400cc
will they be selling ice out there?
how about stores for gas, beer, etc?
Quote from: MudMan on July 11, 2008, 07:53:20 PM
Quote from: billabongcr on July 11, 2008, 04:00:43 PM
ill more than likely be heading down there. sounds like fun.
MudMan, was i talkin to you last time when mudfest was still on about meetin up and followin eachother down there since you were passin by deland anyways? or was that someone else?
ya that was me....you want to meet up and just go there instead of mudfest ? Mudfest is too expensive now in my opinion and this event sounds fun, plus its thursday-sunday. I know exactly where its at so maybe we can get a caravan or whatnot. Let me know.
yeah mudfest was is way too expensive. i dont know if im gunna head down to okechobee that weekend. i might sit the first one out :-\
hey Jay are you going to this ??
There is a gas station not too far from the event.
that could be a big problem,because like mudfest i had to get out to get gas and then sit back like 45 min in line to get back in.this year im taking lots of spare gas
We are signing up vendors as we speak....I'll post some info. about what we will have available as the event nears. It won't be difficult to leave and come back if you need something, there are 2 separate entrances, so neither should get backed up too bad....there are also gas stations and other stores close by. Hope to see you there ;)
hey mudman. discussed it with the wife and WE ARE ON! i picked up some work so i m in there. plus mike got both his bikes fixed. hopefully he doesn t break them before then. have you talked to tim? hopefully we can get a good sized group together.
So far they've got all the right answers. I might have to check this out.
I will be there.Underhills is my favorite place to ride.Also the $100 bucks for mudfest is wayyyy too much money.I envision john sparks standing at the gate with all the cops and security and nobody showin up.This sounds like a great time at underhills place,yeeehaww.I might run up to the mudfest just to see the empty field and get a laugh.I was planning on going to underhills any way.
Tim and Marla are in. :lecture.gif
Quote from: sbripple on July 16, 2008, 10:47:13 AM
I will be there.Underhills is my favorite place to ride.Also the $100 bucks for mudfest is wayyyy too much money.I envision john sparks standing at the gate with all the cops and security and nobody showin up.This sounds like a great time at underhills place,yeeehaww.I might run up to the mudfest just to see the empty field and get a laugh.I was planning on going to underhills any way.
Mudfest will not have the same attendance numbers as they did in February but make no mistake, they will still have a large crowd there and if you think $100 will keep EVERYONE out you are crazy. I myself will be gonig to Underhills like yall but I met people who traveled from New Jersey with trailers full of trucks. If they are willing to go through all that then they are surely going to pay the $100 lol. Even if they only get 1/2 of the numbers they got in February, you're still looking at over 20,000 people. We shall see.
On a different note, is Underhills the same place as Plant Bamboo ?
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 12:38:33 PM
Quote from: sbripple on July 16, 2008, 10:47:13 AM
I will be there.Underhills is my favorite place to ride.Also the $100 bucks for mudfest is wayyyy too much money.I envision john sparks standing at the gate with all the cops and security and nobody showin up.This sounds like a great time at underhills place,yeeehaww.I might run up to the mudfest just to see the empty field and get a laugh.I was planning on going to underhills any way.
Mudfest will not have the same attendance numbers as they did in February but make no mistake, they will still have a large crowd there and if you think $100 will keep EVERYONE out you are crazy. I myself will be gonig to Underhills like yall but I met people who traveled from New Jersey with trailers full of trucks. If they are willing to go through all that then they are surely going to pay the $100 lol. Even if they only get 1/2 of the numbers they got in February, you're still looking at over 20,000 people. We shall see.
On a different note, is Underhills the same place as Plant Bamboo ?
Ed Underhill owns PlantBamboo, www.plantbamboo.com (http://www.plantbamboo.com) You won't find anything about ATVs, mud or 4 wheeling on that website but it is the same place. You'll find educational (hahaha) signs about bamboo all around the property. A smart man who managed to provide what the people wanted while keeping with county regulations.
Quote from: Justardnck on July 16, 2008, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 12:38:33 PM
Quote from: sbripple on July 16, 2008, 10:47:13 AM
I will be there.Underhills is my favorite place to ride.Also the $100 bucks for mudfest is wayyyy too much money.I envision john sparks standing at the gate with all the cops and security and nobody showin up.This sounds like a great time at underhills place,yeeehaww.I might run up to the mudfest just to see the empty field and get a laugh.I was planning on going to underhills any way.
Mudfest will not have the same attendance numbers as they did in February but make no mistake, they will still have a large crowd there and if you think $100 will keep EVERYONE out you are crazy. I myself will be gonig to Underhills like yall but I met people who traveled from New Jersey with trailers full of trucks. If they are willing to go through all that then they are surely going to pay the $100 lol. Even if they only get 1/2 of the numbers they got in February, you're still looking at over 20,000 people. We shall see.
On a different note, is Underhills the same place as Plant Bamboo ?
Ed Underhill owns PlantBamboo, www.plantbamboo.com (http://www.plantbamboo.com) You won't find anything about ATVs, mud or 4 wheeling on that website but it is the same place. You'll find educational (hahaha) signs about bamboo all around the property. A smart man who managed to provide what the people wanted while keeping with county regulations.
Thanks for the info. I had figured they were one in the same. Are you going to this event ?
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 01:01:18 PM
Quote from: Justardnck on July 16, 2008, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 12:38:33 PM
Quote from: sbripple on July 16, 2008, 10:47:13 AM
I will be there.Underhills is my favorite place to ride.Also the $100 bucks for mudfest is wayyyy too much money.I envision john sparks standing at the gate with all the cops and security and nobody showin up.This sounds like a great time at underhills place,yeeehaww.I might run up to the mudfest just to see the empty field and get a laugh.I was planning on going to underhills any way.
Mudfest will not have the same attendance numbers as they did in February but make no mistake, they will still have a large crowd there and if you think $100 will keep EVERYONE out you are crazy. I myself will be gonig to Underhills like yall but I met people who traveled from New Jersey with trailers full of trucks. If they are willing to go through all that then they are surely going to pay the $100 lol. Even if they only get 1/2 of the numbers they got in February, you're still looking at over 20,000 people. We shall see.
On a different note, is Underhills the same place as Plant Bamboo ?
Ed Underhill owns PlantBamboo, www.plantbamboo.com (http://www.plantbamboo.com) You won't find anything about ATVs, mud or 4 wheeling on that website but it is the same place. You'll find educational (hahaha) signs about bamboo all around the property. A smart man who managed to provide what the people wanted while keeping with county regulations.
Thanks for the info. I had figured they were one in the same. Are you going to this event ?
No I went there this weekend though and got to thrash around in the mudbog that they're still building. Personally I like trail riding with a small touch on mud so I'll be riding at "My riding spot" ;)
Quote from: Justardnck on July 16, 2008, 01:25:19 PM
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 01:01:18 PM
Quote from: Justardnck on July 16, 2008, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 12:38:33 PM
Quote from: sbripple on July 16, 2008, 10:47:13 AM
I will be there.Underhills is my favorite place to ride.Also the $100 bucks for mudfest is wayyyy too much money.I envision john sparks standing at the gate with all the cops and security and nobody showin up.This sounds like a great time at underhills place,yeeehaww.I might run up to the mudfest just to see the empty field and get a laugh.I was planning on going to underhills any way.
Mudfest will not have the same attendance numbers as they did in February but make no mistake, they will still have a large crowd there and if you think $100 will keep EVERYONE out you are crazy. I myself will be gonig to Underhills like yall but I met people who traveled from New Jersey with trailers full of trucks. If they are willing to go through all that then they are surely going to pay the $100 lol. Even if they only get 1/2 of the numbers they got in February, you're still looking at over 20,000 people. We shall see.
On a different note, is Underhills the same place as Plant Bamboo ?
Ed Underhill owns PlantBamboo, www.plantbamboo.com (http://www.plantbamboo.com) You won't find anything about ATVs, mud or 4 wheeling on that website but it is the same place. You'll find educational (hahaha) signs about bamboo all around the property. A smart man who managed to provide what the people wanted while keeping with county regulations.
Thanks for the info. I had figured they were one in the same. Are you going to this event ?
No I went there this weekend though and got to thrash around in the mudbog that they're still building. Personally I like trail riding with a small touch on mud so I'll be riding at "My riding spot" ;)
LOL. When else are you going out to "our spot" ? Would like to meet up with you and ride sometime. You can PM me if this gets too risky :R
Here we go again!
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 01:50:22 PM
Quote from: Justardnck on July 16, 2008, 01:25:19 PM
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 01:01:18 PM
Quote from: Justardnck on July 16, 2008, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 12:38:33 PM
Quote from: sbripple on July 16, 2008, 10:47:13 AM
I will be there.Underhills is my favorite place to ride.Also the $100 bucks for mudfest is wayyyy too much money.I envision john sparks standing at the gate with all the cops and security and nobody showin up.This sounds like a great time at underhills place,yeeehaww.I might run up to the mudfest just to see the empty field and get a laugh.I was planning on going to underhills any way.
Mudfest will not have the same attendance numbers as they did in February but make no mistake, they will still have a large crowd there and if you think $100 will keep EVERYONE out you are crazy. I myself will be gonig to Underhills like yall but I met people who traveled from New Jersey with trailers full of trucks. If they are willing to go through all that then they are surely going to pay the $100 lol. Even if they only get 1/2 of the numbers they got in February, you're still looking at over 20,000 people. We shall see.
On a different note, is Underhills the same place as Plant Bamboo ?
Ed Underhill owns PlantBamboo, www.plantbamboo.com (http://www.plantbamboo.com) You won't find anything about ATVs, mud or 4 wheeling on that website but it is the same place. You'll find educational (hahaha) signs about bamboo all around the property. A smart man who managed to provide what the people wanted while keeping with county regulations.
Thanks for the info. I had figured they were one in the same. Are you going to this event ?
No I went there this weekend though and got to thrash around in the mudbog that they're still building. Personally I like trail riding with a small touch on mud so I'll be riding at "My riding spot" ;)
LOL. When else are you going out to "our spot" ? Would like to meet up with you and ride sometime. You can PM me if this gets too risky :R
Well you already know it's too risky and I really don't wanna have to break bad so I'll PM you :R
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 01:01:18 PM
Quote from: Justardnck on July 16, 2008, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 12:38:33 PM
Quote from: sbripple on July 16, 2008, 10:47:13 AM
I will be there.Underhills is my favorite place to ride.Also the $100 bucks for mudfest is wayyyy too much money.I envision john sparks standing at the gate with all the cops and security and nobody showin up.This sounds like a great time at underhills place,yeeehaww.I might run up to the mudfest just to see the empty field and get a laugh.I was planning on going to underhills any way.
Mudfest will not have the same attendance numbers as they did in February but make no mistake, they will still have a large crowd there and if you think $100 will keep EVERYONE out you are crazy. I myself will be gonig to Underhills like yall but I met people who traveled from New Jersey with trailers full of trucks. If they are willing to go through all that then they are surely going to pay the $100 lol. Even if they only get 1/2 of the numbers they got in February, you're still looking at over 20,000 people. We shall see.
On a different note, is Underhills the same place as Plant Bamboo ?
Ed Underhill owns PlantBamboo, www.plantbamboo.com (http://www.plantbamboo.com) You won't find anything about ATVs, mud or 4 wheeling on that website but it is the same place. You'll find educational (hahaha) signs about bamboo all around the property. A smart man who managed to provide what the people wanted while keeping with county regulations.
Thanks for the info. I had figured they were one in the same. Are you going to this event ?
That is correct...the site for MISSION: MUD is Plant Bamboo (also known as Underhill's).
Quote from: ATVSGONEWILD on July 16, 2008, 02:48:43 PM
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 01:01:18 PM
Quote from: Justardnck on July 16, 2008, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: MudMan on July 16, 2008, 12:38:33 PM
Quote from: sbripple on July 16, 2008, 10:47:13 AM
I will be there.Underhills is my favorite place to ride.Also the $100 bucks for mudfest is wayyyy too much money.I envision john sparks standing at the gate with all the cops and security and nobody showin up.This sounds like a great time at underhills place,yeeehaww.I might run up to the mudfest just to see the empty field and get a laugh.I was planning on going to underhills any way.
Mudfest will not have the same attendance numbers as they did in February but make no mistake, they will still have a large crowd there and if you think $100 will keep EVERYONE out you are crazy. I myself will be gonig to Underhills like yall but I met people who traveled from New Jersey with trailers full of trucks. If they are willing to go through all that then they are surely going to pay the $100 lol. Even if they only get 1/2 of the numbers they got in February, you're still looking at over 20,000 people. We shall see.
On a different note, is Underhills the same place as Plant Bamboo ?
Ed Underhill owns PlantBamboo, www.plantbamboo.com (http://www.plantbamboo.com) You won't find anything about ATVs, mud or 4 wheeling on that website but it is the same place. You'll find educational (hahaha) signs about bamboo all around the property. A smart man who managed to provide what the people wanted while keeping with county regulations.
Thanks for the info. I had figured they were one in the same. Are you going to this event ?
That is correct...the site for MISSION: MUD is Plant Bamboo (also known as Underhill's).
thanks.....can you tell me how big the mud play areas are ?
and you never answered my question as to why you chose underhills and what other locations are yall scouting as potential events ?
If you are familiar with C&R, the mudding areas/pits are equivalent to those....bigger than l-cross.
Sorry about not getting back to you on the choice of site question....I'm having trouble keeping up with all the questions/interest from all the forums this event has been promoted on.....I guess that's a good problem to have ;D
We chose Plant Bamboo because we know the owner personally, and have been riding there for years always wondering why he didn't try to host some events there. Just seems like a great site for it. Based on all the feedback we have received, we already know their will be future MISSION: MUD events, and we will likely continue to use Plant Bamboo as long as the owner is interested. We're certainly open to other properties/sites in the future though (any suggestions), we just felt like we wanted to "test the waters" using a place we are familiar with and an owner we have history with. I would think other property owners would be interested once they realize the amount of folks we are going to end up with at our events.
hi yall hey mudman hows it going well im not going a lot off ppl told me its a little place
Quote from: EIGER-MUDDER on July 18, 2008, 10:39:29 PM
hi yall hey mudman hows it going well im not going a lot off ppl told me its a little place
I'd like to know who told you that....they are defintiely mis-informed, or haven't been there lately. It's bigger than most of the other places that host events around here (several hundred acres). We have been adding additional mudpits and holes on top of what was already there naturally. Go to the website (www.atvsgonewildonline.com (http://www.atvsgonewildonline.com)) and look at the preview video (on the MISSION: MUD page)...see for yourself.
We also just confirmed that Mudders Mag will be there to cover the event....I doubt they would waste their time showing up to a "small" place.
lots of riding at underhills.trails too and surprises along the way. I cant wait.at least as big as l-cross
Quote from: sbripple on July 19, 2008, 01:08:19 AM
lots of riding at underhills.trails too and surprises along the way. I cant wait.at least as big as l-cross
Like what meth labs and marijuana fields? rolback1
450 is the biggest detractor of underhills on this site. i think he gives the guy from the motoplex head whenever he can.He also makes up sh*t about underhills and just rags on the place.Dont know why,but I suspect he got thrown out for being an ass on his gofast machine.ed dont allow punks like him at his place. thats what makes it so nice.
Quote from: sbripple on July 19, 2008, 01:16:42 AM
450 is the biggest detractor of underhills on this site. i think he gives the guy from the motoplex head whenever he can.He also makes up sh*t about underhills and just rags on the place.Dont know why,but I suspect he got thrown out for being an ass on his gofast machine.ed dont allow punks like him at his place. thats what makes it so nice.
I was at Underhills once. Never went back because it doesn't have any woods to ride in. It's too bad because it is the closest place to my house. I don't do the mud thing. Plus is stinks like poo and the flies are unbarable. I have never been to the Motoplex.
I didn't make up the meth lab thing. It was on the news.
yup the "news " is always gospel truth.Never exagerated or overhyped.Underhills is a greta riding place.If you dont like mud dont go but dont rag on the place because you dont like riding mud.A lot of people do.
i was there last weekend on my go fast and both my freidns and some other frinds on go fast i can say the only bikes that can beat me there were my freinds banshe and my friends can am other than that no other bikes could go faster
Quote from: 4x4Matt on July 21, 2008, 08:36:27 PM
i was there last weekend on my go fast and both my freidns and some other frinds on go fast i can say the only bikes that can beat me there were my freinds banshe and my friends can am other than that no other bikes could go faster
Which day? Sat the 12th or Sun the 13th?
this should be a good time. oh and I forgot theres a swimming hole here.
THE EAST COAST DIRTY BOYS will be sponsoring the childrens bog. I have the trophys getting the proper class and place on em this week. 1-4 places
Can't wait for this one. Over on highlifter forums, everyone is talking about it...should be a good turnout!
Anyone know the current conditions?
jpro did you get the grizz back to 100%?
Quote from: team_quad_green on July 26, 2008, 11:57:35 PM
jpro did you get the grizz back to 100%?
sure did! all buttoned up and ready to go. I did a little mods to the electrical to get a little more reliability out of it (deleted a couple fuses and consolidated them). I took the shroud cover off and cut it so it just covers the necessities, I really just need a brand new one.
look on ebay there parting out a grizzly 700
Im gonna be coming to this event ... bringing 2 outlander 800s, 1 outlander 650, and 1 rincon 680...
All with snorkles and big mud tires....
Maybe bringing the big ford on 49's...
WATCH OUT!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) 8) 8) 8)
Quote from: palmbeach jesse on July 28, 2008, 07:55:57 PM
Im gonna be coming to this event ... bringing 2 outlander 800s, 1 outlander 650, and 1 rincon 680...
All with snorkles and big mud tires....
Maybe bringing the big ford on 49's...
WATCH OUT!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) 8) 8) 8)
eeaaaaassssyyyyyyyy mmmmcccc cccccchhhheeeeeeeezzzzeeeeyyyy lol
Got me a shiny new helmet for this event. Can't wait for this to get here. The Yellow renegade on 28" Silverbacks is gonna tear that sh*t up!! ...lol
Team Psycho racing ;)
Psycho, can't wait to see that bike run the pits! My bike is all ready to go (got my helmet from when I had the yfz), and I'm ready to ride! I'm defintly not the fastest with my grizzly, but I'll sure put up a fight!!!!
I just want to go out and have fun. So far I know i'll be with a can am 800 on 29.5s (snorkel and radiator are implied ;), since everything has gotta be done to ride around here), and possibly 08 brute on 29.5's all jacked out...
I can't wait...be there friday possibly.
10 Days Left!!!!
Hope you all are getting excited!! Thanks again for all the suggestions/ideas and support, we really appreciate it! It's like a second job keeping up with the requests and inquiries...definitely a good problem to have ;D
Hey atvsgonewild, if you guys need help...I can volunteer, you got a PM too.
cant wait for the event. now just have to decide if im going to enter the bog.
Quote from: ATVSGONEWILD on July 29, 2008, 01:24:08 AM
10 Days Left!!!!
Hope you all are getting excited!! Thanks again for all the suggestions/ideas and support, we really appreciate it! It's like a second job keeping up with the requests and inquiries...definitely a good problem to have ;D
what are some direction traveling north on the turnpike from miami
north to stewart exit or 133 its the same then head west it will be around 15 miles or so.once you cross the railroad tracks start looking to the right its will come up quick
Jrpro130, It will be good to run with u again. I may bring some spare (smaller) tires, if it's not that bad, for more mud slinging wheel speed or skimming..lol ;)
Quote from: Psycho Ward on July 30, 2008, 12:49:15 AM
Jrpro130, It will be good to run with u again. I may bring some spare (smaller) tires, if it's not that bad, for more mud slinging wheel speed or skimming..lol ;)
I hear ya brother. I'l be keeping the 29.5's...my grizz needs em :)
I'm bringing the helmet just in case...
Are they having an over 500cc class and an under ??
Quote from: MudMan on July 30, 2008, 03:47:39 PM
Are they having an over 500cc class and an under ??
We have a 499cc and under class and a 500cc to 699cc class, along with several others. Check our site (www.atvsgonewildonline.com) for all the details.
Ok, so we have updated the competition class/payout info. on our site and now have the competition pre-registration form setup as well. Just go to our MISSION: MUD page (http://www.atvsgonewildonline.com/MISSION__MUD.html) and scroll down to the bottom where you will see a link to the pre-registration form in the Competitions section.
All the instructions will be on the Pre-Registration page, but let me know if you have any questions. Please also note that we will need a video waiver from everyone participating in the competitions as they will be recorded for inclusion in our ATVS GONE WILD videos....you will see a link on the pre-registration page that will allow you to print the waiver so it can be filled out ahead of time and just turned in at the competition tent. We would appreciate it if everyone that knows they will be competing would go ahead and pre-register so we can cut down on the steps/work necessary to get the competitions going on Saturday.
Thanks again everyone!!!
OK PEOPLE ITS 5 DAYS AWAY.hope everyone is ready. We are the pit is done and the quadcross is complete.theres plenty of mud and lots of fun to be had. plenty of venders waiting at the gate.were going to make ( mission mud) an event to remember.but only if you show up so see ya there ;D
www.maddogrides.com
We are always glad to see people taking the bull by the horns and creating a new event for us to ride at. Check out my blog on running out of places to ride. Its on www.maddogrides.com and click on the blog link. Thanks ATVs gone wild we appreciate all the hard work! 8)
I will be there, probably only for the day on saturday though!
Im gonna go sat... maybe stay till sunday....
can someone tell me if there is a admission fee for kids or not and if so how much
good question.6 and under kids are free. :)
I cant wait all 3 of my machine are ready. I have my paddle tires ready to try skimming the pit after the bog. Remember the east coast dirty boys will be sponsoring the kids bog.
I might go Sunday.
sure hope yall get some good pics and vids for us guys who cant get out there!!
there will be a video available soon after this event at (atvsgonewildonline.com}.
I'm going ...can't wait it's only 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X
Hay all, down to 1 day, cant wait, look forward to meeting a bunch of great folks, Rember that we would like to get the kids involved with Youth Bog, never to early to get the kids involved with good safe racing.
Quote from: e.c.dirtyboy slick on August 06, 2008, 03:31:26 PM
Hay all, down to 1 day, cant wait, look forward to meeting a bunch of great folks, Remember that we would like to get the kids involved with Youth Bog, never to early to get the kids involved with good safe racing.
In some cases its the only time I can get my daughter out of the house away from the computer,Ipod,TV, and video games in the sun and enjoying the outdoors with her family you tell me what could be wrong with that. Thats what these people that don't know about us responsable riders. We just love the sport.
WWW.MADDOGRIDES.COM
www.MADDOGRIDES.com
Mad Dog,
Hope to meet you and your family this weekend, we will have the East Coast Dirty Boys and East Coast Dirty Girls Trailers setup, stop by and say hi.
Steve AKA Slick.
we will have lots of youngins to run in the races......WOOT WOOT!
see yall there
Quote from: e.c.dirtyboy slick on August 06, 2008, 10:06:06 PM
Mad Dog,
Hope to meet you and your family this weekend, we will have the East Coast Dirty Boys and East Coast Dirty Girls Trailers setup, stop by and say hi.
Steve AKA Slick.
Sounds great! Looking forward to it.
www.MADDOGRIDES.com
from all of us at atvsgonewild we wish you all a safe and fun weekend.once again i would like to thank everyone in advance for all the support and advice in makeing the an event to remember.see you all there :)
getting the cooler packed. Loading the atvs. see yall there at bout 8:30!!!!
Loading up, will be out there in about an hour!
Just got back...1 bike flooded, same bike caught on fire.
I had a good time. I thought it was going to be a lot different than it was, but there was a good turnout. I was very displeased at the camping and the BUMPY and pothole filled entrance road. There is definetly plenty of mud, and definetly plenty of water, enough to get yourself in trouble, just not what I'm used to.
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 09, 2008, 09:32:17 PM
Just got back...1 bike flooded, same bike caught on fire.
I had a good time. I thought it was going to be a lot different than it was, but there was a good turnout. I was very displeased at the camping and the BUMPY and pothole filled entrance road. There is definetly plenty of mud, and definetly plenty of water, enough to get yourself in trouble, just not what I'm used to.
Any pics?
Of the fire...no, it went up quickly and I was trying to start the bike, no cam around, we were wrenching.
I do have pics, just going to upload them tommorow, I woke up at 4:30 and drove for 2hrs each way..and rode all day. Sorry, I can assure you they will be up tommorow.
Not to badmouth the place, it's alright for mediocere riders, which most people are. But I like deep water and good mud, and there was only about 4 good pits that were worthy of going through twice. We left no hole unridden, except a canal, and I was impressed by a few, but they need trucks or buggies to tear it up. Thats why I prefer other places.
But as far as mission mud goes, A+, the crew was out in full effect and nice as can be. I didn't enter the comp, I got lazy and never went back to the truck to get cash. I would love to see another event hosted somewhere else though...C&R or L-Cross??? Maybe even Horse Hole?
Check it 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT0je9rEmYg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Lp9Cy-LVI&feature=user
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE7xWendZSY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_TPZmpS34g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7378fzBgQ6Q
had a great time.Underhills was a great time and we had a pretty good bunch of people there too.Showers were all over and washdown stations with good water pressure.We had mudfest people come to our camp and offer us $20 entrance to mudfest and we just laffed.Some nerve to come into underhills and solicit people to come to his place and dropped the price to $20.Wow did he make a big mistake.
Wow! 20 dollars for mudfest!!!
We were talking to the ed, and he was saying how he wants more people like "us" to come up to his place, instead of these ****in stock trucks that just get stuck and complain. He did kick a few out, which was aweosme, I've never seen any mudhole do that before, but he was happy to kick guys out that were complaining about the mud.
We were worried about the turnout, but there was no shortage of people.
Definetly a good event!
Got back and it was very much worth it.....there was deep enough water in holes to play in. some wayyyy over your bike if you dared to go.......it was great that the camping was spread out and you are not just on top of each other. From reading the negative posts on here before i was geared up to go but had in my mind some different things. All in all i saw NOTHING that warrented peoples negative posts on this place at all. Only issue i had was the grass in camp could have been mowed. but hell ive been to mudfest for the past 5 years both times a year with the same thing so it really wasnt a difference. The showers every where was great. Had the pleasure to watch a few big trucks get absoultely stuck.....i liked the difference in the riding areas if you wanted it, competitions were a blast....swimming hole was nice and cool. so just in MY OPINION......even if mudfest dropped there price to 30 dollars...( which they havent done in a long while) i would chose all the above before going to play in the middle of a pasture. one hose for EVERYONE to use, no shade and you can not ride at night. I hope that people continue to go to mudfest...that way both places wont be overcrowded and everything can be in control.
I know our group wont be back there, we are def headed to plant bamboo.
I liked the 4 spots I found, maybe there is more, but at bamboo there is the long deep hole, the deep hole in the back by the cows (which gets dangerous, we had a bike go under), and 2 of the little wheelie spots about rack deep. There wasn't too much "mud" persay, more or less watery bottomless swamp, which I LOVE.
It's hard for me to say a place is great to ride, I'm used to riding for free 30 mins away at holey lands, where it's open land and lots of rack high holes and plenty of swamp. But overall, bamboo was alright. I prefer the riding over at C&R and the camping at L-cross, i didn't camp at bamboo because of that. I like to be back away from everyone camping. Just me, and just my point of view.
I woudl definetly go back to bamboo, I said beofre, I was impressed by the deep holes, and it's wortht he drive and money. I'm just not used to that kind of riding yet.
I will say i had a blast there this weekend was there friday thru sunday and other than the grass in the camps i thought it was great everything was covered from the most moderate rideing to extreme bottomless pits i am more of a water person myself but there were some good holes i found and we had a couple of spills in our group but you just flip it over drain it out and go on so all in all i had a good time would definately return.I will just bring my weedeater next time lol!!!
yeah that grass was tall .edward made some promises he didnt keep but at the end of the day it was fun.we learned alot from this event and we are sure to make the next one even better.keep checking our web site for updates (atvsgonewildonline.com). :)
i think the only bad part of bamboo is not enough wash down stations
It was an experience for sure. Not the best of them either. Anyone else encounter the scattered dead cows? So much for separate ATV and truck mud pits. It seemed that besides the competition drag strip, everyone gathered around the large mud pit, where anything with wheels, some pulling trailers ran through with no regard to those around them. The competition mud pit was shallow on both sides, one side shallower then the other with a very deep middle. I witnessed one female racer get quite pissed when she was lined up 3 wide and she was stuck in the middle. I was completely pissed after driving for some time only to find that the admission fee was jacked up 15 bucks over the advertised price! WTF There was a clear lack of staff and hardly any enforcement of the rules. This was definitely not the family event it was advertised to be.
I had fun, only because of the group I rode with. Next time I'll save my money and time.
I didnt see any dead cows.I thought everything went well.The racing thing was a joke but I wasnt there for that anyhow.The mud pit was just a water hazard,no mud but it was funny watchin the ones that took it serious splash around in it.The muddy areas were a lot of fun.the wash down areas were great with plenty water pressure and the showers were nice too.I say high 5 to ed underhill and the atv's gone wild guys.Also the people that I met there were generally well behaved and pleasant,other than the few odd ones that shouldnt drink but still do.I think it was far better than the last 3 mudfests.
You know some people will find anything to pregnant dog about.I had issues to but would definately return it was there first event give them a break I was with the East coast Dirty girls and I would say we had the most participants in the racing and i believe i speak for all of us when i say we had a damn good time.You live and learn and for all who went and said they will not be back you might i say are fools what was broke they will fix and i think it will be twice the size next time.As far as control i saw them putting a stop to alot of things with my own eyes but you cant control everyone specially idiots thats get to drunk and have no control i drank all weekend and didnt hurt myself or others or my bike for that matter.DO IT AGAIN I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: djskal on August 11, 2008, 03:44:21 AM
It was an experience for sure. Not the best of them either. Anyone else encounter the scattered dead cows? So much for separate ATV and truck mud pits. It seemed that besides the competition drag strip, everyone gathered around the large mud pit, where anything with wheels, some pulling trailers ran through with no regard to those around them. The competition mud pit was shallow on both sides, one side shallower then the other with a very deep middle. I witnessed one female racer get quite pissed when she was lined up 3 wide and she was stuck in the middle. I was completely pissed after driving for some time only to find that the admission fee was jacked up 15 bucks over the advertised price! WTF There was a clear lack of staff and hardly any enforcement of the rules. This was definitely not the family event it was advertised to be.
I had fun, only because of the group I rode with. Next time I'll save my money and time.
I usually don't engage/reply to opinions on forums because everyone is entitled to their own and in most cases all opinions/comments are appreciated and used as input for future changes to improve everyone's experience at events, but in this case, I can't sit back and watch someone flat out make up stories (i.e. dead cows, trailers being towed in the mud pits, etc.). This person sent me an email as well, and I apologized (like I did to everyone I met) about the last minute changes the property owner made that no one (including my crew) were aware of. We are just as disappointed in his keeping his "word" as anyone, and unless some contractutal policies are put in place in the future, we will not likely be hosting any more events on his property.
Just to give everyone an idea of this person's (the one who posted the negative post and sent me the email) general attitude, here's a snip of the email I received....
"after a long, hot 2 hour drive"
I guess I needed to provide him/her an airconditioned vehicle to arrive in as well ::)
WELL I THINK IT WAS OK FOR A FIRST TIME EVENT. ONLY THING THAT WAS BAD WAS THE GRASS IN THE CAMP BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS FUN. WE GOT THEIR THURSDAY AND LEFT SUNDAY AND RODE ALL THE AREA BEFORE ANYONE ELSE. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD TIME AND PROPS TO THE EAST COAST DIRTY GIRLS AND GUYS I HAD FUN RIDING WITH THEM FOR THE WEEKEND HOPE TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN AND RIDE. I HOPE SLICK WILL PUT MORE FUEL IN HIS BIKE BEFORE WE GO OUT THO LOL BUT THAT GAVE US MORE TIME TO DRINK AND LAUGH AT SOMEONE TRYING TO WRESTLE ME INTO THE MUD LOL.
well..... Your website said $30.00 for the whole weekend but... you were making people pay $35.00. Also the QuadCross was a freaking joke. Oh yea your rules were BS.
No Glass bottles - SAW THAT
No Pets- SAW THAT I PUT DOG MY IN BOARDING FOR $60.00 FREAKING BS AND MY DOG IS SMALL. THERE WERE FREAKING PITBULL AT THERE.
No Dirt Bikes or 3-Wheelers - CRAP LOAD
Quote from: Greenbln117 on August 11, 2008, 02:15:38 PM
well..... Your website said $30.00 for the whole weekend but... you were making people pay $35.00. Also the QuadCross was a freaking joke. Oh yea your rules were BS.
No Glass bottles - SAW THAT
No Pets- SAW THAT I PUT DOG MY IN BOARDING FOR $60.00 FREAKING BS AND MY DOG IS SMALL. THERE WERE FREAKING PITBULL AT THERE.
No Dirt Bikes or 3-Wheelers - CRAP LOAD
Again, I apologize for the gate entry fee change, but we were not aware of it either, and although I said it before, I'll reiterate, that ATVS GONE WILD did not receive any profits from the gate or any part of the event for that matter. The owner decided he wanted $35 instead (after we had already pulled in and started the event) and we were all at his mercy. Trust me, I'm not happy about having to explain this to everyone and having our name associated to it....especially when there is no benefit to us.
As far as the other rules, all we can do is put them in place, make everyone aware of them, and do our best to address those who are not following them. They are the same rules posted at every other event. I haven't been to a single event where I didn't see them being broken. Ultimately the rules are there for safety reasons, and I appreciate that you decided to follow them (I wish everyone would). The property owner threw several people out during the course of the event, but in an area so big with several thosands of people, its impossible to police everyone (just like any other event). No one was hurt during the entire weekend thanks to people like you who followed the rules.
give these guys a break. i have never seen so many negative posts before about an event that everyone (even those with the negative comments) say they had a good time at. i have been to many different events over the years, and people never follow the rules. This event had a great variety of riding areas and even some competitions (who were enjoyed by those who participated). The events would have been better if you guys saying they were a "joke" would have actually competed because more people would have been involved. What I do know is that folks were cheering on the competitors and both banks were lined up with folks watching the action.
if you read these forums, it seems to me that everyone enjoyed themselves...dude it is a place to ride, your complaing about $35 bucks, when atvs gone wild set this event so people wouldn't have to pay $100 at mudfest.
Quote from: mudbeauty on August 11, 2008, 03:29:33 PM
[give these guys a break. i have never seen so many negative posts before about an event that everyone (even those with the negative comments) say they had a good time at. i have been to many different events over the years, and people never follow the rules. This event had a great variety of riding areas and even some competitions (who were enjoyed by those who participated). The events would have been better if you guys saying they were a "joke" would have actually competed because more people would have been involved. What I do know is that folks were cheering on the competitors and both banks were lined up with folks watching the action.
if you read these forums, it seems to me that everyone enjoyed themselves...dude it is a place to ride, your complaing about $35 bucks, when atvs gone wild set this event so people wouldn't have to pay $100 at mudfest.]
Well said Mudbeauty,
I think the guys from Atvsgonewild did a good job with the event, the racing was fun and the pit was low on the sides but that just made it a wet drag race still fun, i wish more people would have gave it a try, they might have enjoyed it. And yes i even ran out of gas, not one of my better moments of the weekend but all in all we met a great group of people and regarless of the location i will support the crew from Atvsgonewild. Just keep in mind that even though they setup the event they do not own the land and have limited say and control to last minute changes. I will say that Mr. Underhill drove by our group and thanked us for comeing and that does not always happen at other areas.
I beg to differ about some things. For 1, I saw one dead cow, in the FRONT mudhole none-the-less. I was not too happy with the conditions, just water and sand, no real "mud" to be found except in one hole. I mean, for what it is, it is great.
Like i said before NONE OF THIS IS ATVSGONEWILDS fault! I am not pointing fingers, just explaining the facts. I'm an avid mudder, I'm used to riding sawgrass and swamp...so this is a whole different world for me, I'm also used to riding lcross, and I thought it would be similar...
I didn't camp, because I knew the conditions there...so you could say it's my own fault for attending, but I don't know if i'll be going to bamboo again, i wasn't real happy with the riding.
But two thumbs up for atvsgonewild first event! Seems like all went well. You guys need to get with lcross though...way better riding!!!
Maybe they left the cow there incase someone forgot to stop and buy burgers.
i had a great time.Did not expect it to go off without a few hitches.I love underhills and this weekend was better than ever.thanks again to atvsgonewild for pomoting it and getting everyone out and also for teaching john sales a lesson.Also thanks to all the cool people that made it a great gathering.
Quote from: crazy_f_o on August 11, 2008, 01:02:42 PM
[WELL I THINK IT WAS OK FOR A FIRST TIME EVENT. ONLY THING THAT WAS BAD WAS THE GRASS IN THE CAMP BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS FUN. WE GOT THEIR THURSDAY AND LEFT SUNDAY AND RODE ALL THE AREA BEFORE ANYONE ELSE. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD TIME AND PROPS TO THE EAST COAST DIRTY GIRLS AND GUYS I HAD FUN RIDING WITH THEM FOR THE WEEKEND HOPE TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN AND RIDE. I HOPE SLICK WILL PUT MORE FUEL IN HIS BIKE BEFORE WE GO OUT THO LOL BUT THAT GAVE US MORE TIME TO DRINK AND LAUGH AT SOMEONE TRYING TO WRESTLE ME INTO THE MUD LOL.]
/
Carzy,
We had a blast with you guys, look forward to our next 5a ride and hope you guys will make the trip with us to Creekbottom, you know i wouldnt have ran out of gas if i would have turned to bike off while i was trying to get that little white bike of you on stuck..... lol had a great time.
you ran out of gas cause of the trips to the camp for beer dont lie lmao!!!!
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 11, 2008, 08:04:14 PM
Like i said before NONE OF THIS IS ATVSGONEWILDS fault! I am not pointing fingers, just explaining the facts. I'm an avid mudder, I'm used to riding sawgrass and swamp...so this is a whole different world for me, I'm also used to riding lcross, and I thought it would be similar...
But two thumbs up for atvsgonewild first event! Seems like all went well. You guys need to get with lcross though...way better riding!!!
I appreciate your ability to separate those of us who worked hard to put the event on and promoted it in order to spread the word and provide folks with a fun alternative to the higher costs of Mudfest from those who let greed get in the way and ended up making empty promises. At the end of the day, we certainly apologize for the surprise at the gate as well as the lax regulation of the rules previously agreed upon (i.e. vehicle type, pets, etc.) fueled by one man's greed. Unfortunately nowadays you can't take anyone's "word" for what its worth. We felt like there was no need to get anything in writing given the fact that there were no monetary details involved, and that's what ultimately put us at the property owner's mercy.
I think we can all agree that the event was fun and something different than anything else around. We need to take our show on the road elsewhere and deal with folks who know how to treat their customers with respect and appreciation. We plan on getting in touch with other properties/owners for the next event and would certainly appreciate everyone's continued support in our effort to find the right combination of location and event content. We plan on taking the lessons we learned with us to continue to improve what we offer.
FYI our crew will be at Creek Bottom...probably the last event we will include in our first video.
Quote from: ATVSGONEWILD on August 11, 2008, 11:21:43 PM
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 11, 2008, 08:04:14 PM
Like i said before NONE OF THIS IS ATVSGONEWILDS fault! I am not pointing fingers, just explaining the facts. I'm an avid mudder, I'm used to riding sawgrass and swamp...so this is a whole different world for me, I'm also used to riding lcross, and I thought it would be similar...
But two thumbs up for atvsgonewild first event! Seems like all went well. You guys need to get with lcross though...way better riding!!!
I appreciate your ability to separate those of us who worked hard to put the event on and promoted it in order to spread the word and provide folks with a fun alternative to the higher costs of Mudfest from those who let greed get in the way and ended up making empty promises. At the end of the day, we certainly apologize for the surprise at the gate as well as the lax regulation of the rules previously agreed upon (i.e. vehicle type, pets, etc.) fueled by one man's greed. Unfortunately nowadays you can't take anyone's "word" for what its worth. We felt like there was no need to get anything in writing given the fact that there were no monetary details involved, and that's what ultimately put us at the property owner's mercy.
I think we can all agree that the event was fun and something different than anything else around. We need to take our show on the road elsewhere and deal with folks who know how to treat their customers with respect and appreciation. We plan on getting in touch with other properties/owners for the next event and would certainly appreciate everyone's continued support in our effort to find the right combination of location and event content. We plan on taking the lessons we learned with us to continue to improve what we offer.
Sounds like you should talk to the owner of the motoplex
I may be down for the plex...LONG LONG drive for me though. I prefer lcross
We had fun but was expecting more change. We bring the kids out every once in awhile and it didn't change besides the race pit, a little more water and some showers. For an event I was expecting more. It's kinda a shame to because Bamboo could be a killer place to ride with some planning and proper land management. Didn't really like how skinny the cows were either (they need to be feed more than pasture grass) Good job ATV'sgonewild now let's find a better piece of land.
/
Crazy,
We had a blast with you guys, look forward to our next 5a ride and hope you guys will make the trip with us to Creekbottom, you know i wouldnt have ran out of gas if i would have turned to bike off while i was trying to get that little white bike of you on stuck..... lol had a great time.
[/quote]
well thats what happens when the big bikes are a afraid to go into the holes lol hell i went like 6 times and like a dumbass i tried to go the opposite way and hit the damn ruts lol
Quote from: crazy_f_o on August 11, 2008, 01:02:42 PM
WELL I THINK IT WAS OK FOR A FIRST TIME EVENT. ONLY THING THAT WAS BAD WAS THE GRASS IN THE CAMP BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS FUN. WE GOT THEIR THURSDAY AND LEFT SUNDAY AND RODE ALL THE AREA BEFORE ANYONE ELSE. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD TIME AND PROPS TO THE EAST COAST DIRTY GIRLS AND GUYS I HAD FUN RIDING WITH THEM FOR THE WEEKEND HOPE TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN AND RIDE. I HOPE SLICK WILL PUT MORE FUEL IN HIS BIKE BEFORE WE GO OUT THO LOL BUT THAT GAVE US MORE TIME TO DRINK AND LAUGH AT SOMEONE TRYING TO WRESTLE ME INTO THE MUD LOL.
High grass in camping area? Thats why they call it camping. Roughing it is good somtimes.
Quote from: ATVSGONEWILD on August 11, 2008, 11:25:14 PM
FYI our crew will be at Creek Bottom...probably the last event we will include in our first video.
CreekBottom will be a great event... Oct 2-5th, There is every type of riding condition at that park. Deep Water, Thick Mud, Trails top notch race pit's and the camping areas are huge lot's of shade. Free wash rack and hot ... real hot showers. It would be great if we could get a huge group from FL to make the trip.
On a side note anyone looking for a great park and event to attend on Labor Day look no futher than the MotoPlex.. they have spent alot of time and money making the park a sweet place to ride. This is a very family friendly park, they have youth tracks, one way trails, every type of rider was considered. They treat there cusomers like family and you will have a good time. And oh yes there is a huge section of the park dedicated for all us mudders. Hope to see all of you guys at the comeing events, keep things safe and support what we all love.
Does Creekbottom have trail for sport quads?
Quote from: mad dog on August 12, 2008, 02:43:49 PM
Quote from: crazy_f_o on August 11, 2008, 01:02:42 PM
WELL I THINK IT WAS OK FOR A FIRST TIME EVENT. ONLY THING THAT WAS BAD WAS THE GRASS IN THE CAMP BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS FUN. WE GOT THEIR THURSDAY AND LEFT SUNDAY AND RODE ALL THE AREA BEFORE ANYONE ELSE. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD TIME AND PROPS TO THE EAST COAST DIRTY GIRLS AND GUYS I HAD FUN RIDING WITH THEM FOR THE WEEKEND HOPE TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN AND RIDE. I HOPE SLICK WILL PUT MORE FUEL IN HIS BIKE BEFORE WE GO OUT THO LOL BUT THAT GAVE US MORE TIME TO DRINK AND LAUGH AT SOMEONE TRYING TO WRESTLE ME INTO THE MUD LOL.
High grass in camping area? Thats why they call it camping. Roughing it is good somtimes.
Not for 35 bucks...I can rough it for free...the least they can do is mow it!
jrpro dont be mad get glad u did not have fun and left early b/c u think you too cool for there atvgonewildonline props to you guys great job keep up the good work from busted up green bike on skinnes
Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight!!!!!!!
Quote from: 4x4Matt on August 12, 2008, 10:07:12 PM
jrpro dont be mad get glad u did not have fun and left early b/c u think you too cool for there atvgonewildonline props to you guys great job keep up the good work from busted up green bike on skinnes
Hey man, guess I'm too cool for bamboo. There was 2 good canals that actually were pretty deep, and one decent hole. It got boring and I lost incentive to ride after the bike hydrolocked and caught on fire...
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 12, 2008, 06:56:47 PM
[Does Creekbottom have trail for sport quads?]
Yes they do, and they have a bunch of bridges for the deep water crossing. They have high line trails and low land deep water and deep deep mud trails. We were there for the 4th and there was a large number of race and sport quads. The only thing i did not see was alot of jumps. Me being an x dirt biker and sport quad guy i still look for those things. Now the plex on the other hand is full of things to jump on and off the tracks :o) i had to try a few of the trail jumps on my brute, she has the powers but she flys like cow. still fun :o)
this event went good. I was there several years ago and its alot cleaner now. ATVS GONE WILD if you do another event hollar at us.
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 12, 2008, 10:49:02 PM
Quote from: 4x4Matt on August 12, 2008, 10:07:12 PM
jrpro dont be mad get glad u did not have fun and left early b/c u think you too cool for there atvgonewildonline props to you guys great job keep up the good work from busted up green bike on skinnes
Hey man, guess I'm too cool for bamboo. There was 2 good canals that actually were pretty deep, and one decent hole. It got boring and I lost incentive to ride after the bike hydrolocked and caught on fire...
yeah its bamboos fault your bike burnt.ok is it their fault you are a malcontent too?ohh well cant please everyone.
well we found more holes and i was their at 11am thur till 11 sunday and had no trouble finding mud to play in ur only pised ur bucket bike broke lol next time bring a honda lol
Ill quit riding before I buy a honda. My prairie had no issues.
Quote from: e.c.dirtyboy slick on August 12, 2008, 11:10:51 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 12, 2008, 06:56:47 PM
[Does Creekbottom have trail for sport quads?]
Yes they do, and they have a bunch of bridges for the deep water crossing. They have high line trails and low land deep water and deep deep mud trails. We were there for the 4th and there was a large number of race and sport quads. The only thing i did not see was alot of jumps. Me being an x dirt biker and sport quad guy i still look for those things. Now the plex on the other hand is full of things to jump on and off the tracks :o) i had to try a few of the trail jumps on my brute, she has the powers but she flys like cow. still fun :o)
Thanks for the response. I'm not a jumper, I'm a woods racer. Is there a website. I'm thinking about maybe going, as long as my seperated shoulder is all healed up.
were are these parks
creek bottom?
motoplex?
Quote from: miassmaro98 on August 13, 2008, 01:18:30 AM
were are these parks
creek bottom?
motoplex?
Creekbottom is in Ga.
Motoplex is in Madison County Fl.
Here is a link to our web site
www.floridamotoplex.com
haha, guys....READ
it wasn't my bike that flamed up. i have an 07 700 grizz, a can-am caught up.
I don't know who implied it's bamboo's fault about anything, yall need to read more. It was definetly our fault, and mainly mine, I went canal searching and told him to go the wrong way...
I mean after thinking about it for a while, I think a lot of the reason i got bored so fast is because we were there early in the AM and no one was really running around. then when the bog started, we just whatched the bog and that took up the day. then we took off and went canal running, trying to go deep, and lost a bike at about 2:30....so I will say I'd give it another shot.
I really like the way ed handles things. I talked to him for a while up at the gate and he was not afraid to kick some of the a-holes out, which is awesome. He straight up told us we could have our money back and go to mudfest if thats what we wanted to do.
I'd love to go with someone who goes there all the time, so they know all the good trails and holes. I hit almost everything I could possibly see and find!!!!!! I did some searching for sure.
Quote from: crazy_f_o on August 13, 2008, 01:02:19 AM
well we found more holes and i was their at 11am thur till 11 sunday and had no trouble finding mud to play in ur only pised ur bucket bike broke lol next time bring a honda lol
Like I said before, not my bike that broke. And maybe you haven't seen my bike, but it's far from a bucket. The only thing a honda is good for is whatching from the sidelines...whatching the big boys play ;)
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 13, 2008, 01:33:19 AM
Like I said before, not my bike that broke. And maybe you haven't seen my bike, but it's far from a bucket. The only thing a honda is good for is whatching from the sidelines...whatching the big boys play ;)
Dont worry, everbody needs a tow rig. Just playin
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on August 13, 2008, 04:03:03 PM
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 13, 2008, 01:33:19 AM
Like I said before, not my bike that broke. And maybe you haven't seen my bike, but it's far from a bucket. The only thing a honda is good for is whatching from the sidelines...whatching the big boys play ;)
Dont worry, everbody needs a tow rig. Just playin
Heck yea I need a tow rig! I have been broken before, and 4x4matt HAS definetly towed me back to safety before! I appreciate that too, I believe I hydrolocked in the lake at holey lands and he towed me back. My airbox popped off...
TRX,
Heres the link to CreekBottom, I saw the link to the plex was on here already so i didnt add.
http://www.creekbottomtrailrides.com/
? do you allways have to wear a helmet at creekbottom even if your just putting around?
Quote from: e.c.dirtyboy slick on August 14, 2008, 03:23:34 PM
TRX,
Heres the link to CreekBottom, I saw the link to the plex was on here already so i didnt add.
http://www.creekbottomtrailrides.com/
thanks
extreme,
No the only time you need a helmet is if you are racing. If you race you will need long pants or waders gloves and a helmet. Other than that there are no restrictions. Well, i think they are trying to pass a "No Guy in Thong" rule... :o) see yall there.
PERSONALLY I WOULD NOT BRING A SPORT QUAD TO CREEK BOTTOM. YOU CAN IF YOU WANT TO BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY BE THE ONLY ONE. i LOVE THAT PARK AND IT IS A GREAT TIME BUT IF YOU WANT A SPORT QUAD PLACE DEF HIT THE MOTOPLEX! THEY ARE ALL SET UP FOR SPORT QUADS AND EVERYTHING ELSE.
HECK CHECK OUT BOTH OF THEM AND SEE FOR YOURSELF! GOOD TIMES AT EACH
yea evn my monster gets towed back with no rear end, no belt in tranny, hyrdro locked , tie rods, and i think i got them all and jrpro towed me back almost evrytime once with his truck it was that bad lol lol lol lol lol lol
Quote from: 4x4Matt on August 18, 2008, 12:54:01 PM
yea evn my monster gets towed back with no rear end, no belt in tranny, hyrdro locked , tie rods, and i think i got them all and jrpro towed me back almost evrytime once with his truck it was that bad lol lol lol lol lol lol
haha, your the man. i think you should get an award for most broken stuff.
thanks slick i was getting worried.the helmet distroys my hair ;)oh man im looking out the window here and that storm is looking nasty.time to batten down the hatch. wish us luck down here i think were going to need it :-\
Mike,
I hope you guys do ok with the storm... if yall need anything just say the word.
Steve "Slick"
P.S. It was great to see you at the VolleyBall event. The early rain kinda brought the turnout down a little but it was still a good event.
good luck in the storm we are with ya call if ya need anything ya got my # and it was good seeing ya this weekend
Dan "Big Bird"
its allways good hanging with you guys.yeah man the rain stopped theres no wind or anything.i guess were in the calm before the storm stage.but were good ive got beer food and the generator.in order of importance ;)