dade city now has a quad sponsor cup series! this is us quad guys chance to prove that we too can put on a great show!
this is a 10 race series with a $10,000 purse thats a $1,000 a race! here is the sign up form
http://dadecitymx.com/IMAGES/PDF%20FILES/2008%20quad_SPONSOR%20Cup.cdr.pdf
Can you sign up at the first race?
Makes me wish that I had skillz!!
yes im pretty sure you can i will double check with my dad tomorrow and let you know.
I think you have to be pre-entered before the first race. Check out the website, I think it says something about it on the form.
The form says on or before June 14.
Did any one find out.
I guess this old man might have to come out of retirement again. ;)
This is GREAT for the quad guys!!!! ;D I'm still looking for a sponsor for the series, ::)
Entry form states you must be pre-entered,
by june 14th it says on the form so i would assume you can enter at the 1st race which is on the 14th
Someone said that trx9 dress got caught in his chain. ;D
Quote from: Wizard21 on June 10, 2008, 11:17:05 PM
Someone said that trx9 dress got caught in his chain. ;D
Don't forget about my blouse.
Wizard of 21 pedophiles cases maybe. :R
It only took you 5 years to register here. Mr. Lenny "joe bob" Lewis.
<nanaparty> <nanaparty>
Eric,
I hear that they are going to run 8 laps for this race.
R U Sure that your old azz can handle that?
I will be there with an oxygen bottle for you.
Us old guys got to stick together.
(I'll bring my BB gun too. That way I can pick the young un's off when they come by!!)
Got your back grandpa!!!!
On another note, I hear that there could be between 15-20 riders in this class.
I would urge anyone that would like to see some awesome competition to come out.
Not my favorite track, but definately makes it more exciting when $1000 is at stake!!
See you feminine gentlemen there!
jt
Only 62 more post before I hit 1000.
Major milestone in my life!!!
MUST BE WELDED TO REAR OF QUAD BEFORE RACE. THIS IS NOT AN OPTION, BUT ANYONE OVER 30 YEARS OF AGE THIS IS NOT REQUIED.
tomorrow is the day guys!! went to the track last night it was fun ither than it was muddy. one more thing make sure you guys have your turn downs!!
Quote from: RTR_380/450R on June 13, 2008, 04:08:39 PM
Eric,
I hear that they are going to run 8 laps for this race.
R U Sure that your old azz can handle that?
I will be there with an oxygen bottle for you.
Us old guys got to stick together.
(I'll bring my BB gun too. That way I can pick the young un's off when they come by!!)
Got your back grandpa!!!!
On another note, I hear that there could be between 15-20 riders in this class.
I would urge anyone that would like to see some awesome competition to come out.
Not my favorite track, but definately makes it more exciting when $1000 is at stake!!
See you feminine gentlemen there!
jt
My knee still hurten me pretty bad so I decided to go out there and pull a couple of holeshots (Just install a 20 shot of NOS) and just pull off the track and suck down some bud selects. 8)
I'll be bock! :'(
man that was some great racin tonight! even though i didnt have the luck i wanted it was still alot of fun!! cant wait till the next one ;D
So who won and how many were there?
There were 14 on the gate last night, but I think there were two more that signed up so there should be 16 total.
Holdaway got the first holeshot money
Chris Williams got the first moto win
Brian Johnson got second in the first moto
Jake Gunn got third in the first moto
Second moto holeshot went Chris Williams along with the 2nd moto win
Jeff Rasterelli got second
TC Nales got third
There was some really, really good racing! Lots of fast guys in this class and they were riding their hearts out.
Congrats to all of the riders in this class! Hope to see everyone at round #2!
I'd like to give a special thanks to Brian Williams for letting me borrow his quad for the first moto. :-*
Everyone ready?
Nope, still can't get a left case half for a 2005 Honda. I have everything else, but no left case.
I have one, its used with a hole that needs welding. I think a good welder wouldn't have a problem with it.
Quote from: quadsonly4 on July 02, 2008, 05:07:13 AM
Nope, still can't get a left case half for a 2005 Honda. I have everything else, but no left case.
Ill see if I got one for ya. Message you back in about 2 hours.
One i have is busted, sorry!
Quote from: RTR_380/450R on July 03, 2008, 04:04:51 AM
One i have is busted, sorry!
All the broken ones that i have come in handy, I use them as a dessert trays. ;)
Got a new one. Thanks Erik and everyone for checking. The new rod never came in, so the Honda is out for this weekend. Blew up a Yamaha today at Bithlo. Its was a head done by XXX Motorsports. He just put new seats and valves in it, charged my brother almost $500 and got 6 laps on it. It looks like someone beat the piston with a jackhammer for about an hour. 3 out of the 5 valves were ripped off and the other 2 were sideways. One of the valve heads was in the air boot. Kind of knew it wasn't going to be good. The response from XXX was sorry for your loss and check ebay for a new top end. The head, piston, and cylinder are destroyed. DO NOT take your motor to XXX Motorsports in Melbourne. It is the third or fourth motor he screwed up on us and the last. He always seems to not tighten the cam bolts or something else of great importance because he is always on the phone. If you want it done right, then send your motor to Mike at ATP. Thank you XXX motorsports for yet another quality job.
Some more great racing at Dade's Sponsorcup Saturday (at least we got one moto in before the rain came down in buckets)
If you haven't checked it out yet, you should. Randy is doing a great thing for quad racing. I hope that we'll have more series be able to offer quads the opportunities to do something like this.
Results -
1st Chris Williams (and the holeshot)
2nd Devin Heims
3rd Lyndon Thacker
Great job to all the racers Saturday night. More great racing coming up - stay tuned.
Good luck all! I'll be sitting this one out. Damn UPS lost my motor. >:( >:( >:(
Anyone have the results?
Overall - Devin Heims got 1st; Jake Gunn was 2nd; I can't remember if it was Josh Collins or Jeff Rasterilli that got 3rd. The other was 4th.
It was a lot of good racing, but it was very humid and hot.
Sorry about your motor Eric, hope you insured it. UPS lost one of ours too - then they wouldn't reimburse the shipping!! Hope to see you next race.
>>"It was a lot of good racing,... "
/rant
Good racing, at Dud $hitty?? Now that's funny! It's not even okay racing.
I think it's best to leave off any adjectives before the word racing in regards
to that track! It was just that, a race.
Let's see, last I checked it is 2008 correct? We have the most technologically
advanced quads ever built, each costing upwards to 15000.00(newly built)
that are being ridden by the fastest guys in our state(sans Josh Williams) and
they are riding on a track that has been the damn same since I started riding
over 22 years ago.
That place is nothing but one lined rounded mounds of sand where everyone
practically rides one behind the other because there is no passing lines. There
was like 2 small doubles that they couldn't even make! We are talking about
national caliber "A" and "Pro Am" riders.
Sorry for the rant, it just seems like such a waste of riding talent... all those
skillful riders each not being able to show their true speed against each other
due to the never changing piece of crap track that it has always been.
/end rant
Okay, I'm gonna go take my meds now ;)
It's not my favorite track for many reasons. But I will defend the fact that Randy has stepped up to something for all of those talented national level quad riders. He could have dumped the money into the dirtbikes. Say what you want about the track, with the likes of Lakeland and other tracks closing, what else are you going to do? GNC is too expensive, the quad series hasn't started yet...if there's no place to for all those skillful riders to race each other and be able to show their true speed against each other, then what good does it do to have those expensive quads.
I know we are talking about the sponsorcup in this particular thead, but I saw a lot of good racing in other classes as well. So, I think I'll say what I want as far as adjectives describing a race or a track.
Yolonda
>>"So, I think I'll say what I want as far as adjectives describing a race or a track."
You are most certainly entitled to that, please accept my apologies.
- Dan
Dade city has always been a equalizer track, there's nothing out there to separate the riders skill levels. <sofa peeky>
Quote from: trx#9 on July 19, 2008, 04:31:15 PM
Good luck all! I'll be sitting this one out. Damn UPS lost my motor. >:( >:( >:(
Good news finally, motor found in PA. <nanaparty>
jeez you guys are nuts dade may not have 110ft triples nor is it a 5th gear pinned track but it does seperate riders, lets put it this way its a tight track and if u can find a way around someone that makes u that much better. dade helps you with finding new lines that no one would think of to make a pass. i know it may not be a national track but i dont see any other track even come close to what randy has done for us quads at dade. he does all he can to make the track and racing more fun. so instead of everyone crying about everything why dont we all just appreciate what we got to work with right now!
What HE said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
UPS has failed me again. :gr :gr
well raced dade sat. night and man the track was fun!! best track yet they added a single to table its pretty hard to clear but it is possible and they have a double and triple. hopefully they keep it that way for us!
Here's a new update on my UPS woo's
My motor was in jacksonville last Thursday on its way to my house, delivery due on friday. It never showed up, so get this these retards at UPS shipped my motor back up to Pa. (again). :stoogies.gif
I feel sorry for ya sponsor cup riders, when this old fukker gets his $hit running again and has some practice time. :drive.gif
I call BS....sounds like you're just scared of them young kids ;)
I'd hate to be your UPS man and have to finally show up at the door with your motor!! :box.gif
Quote from: RTN on August 01, 2008, 08:28:52 PM
I call BS....sounds like you're just scared of them young kids ;)
I'd hate to be your UPS man and have to finally show up at the door with your motor!! :box.gif
Yeah right, Trx#9 scared of nobody. ;) lucky for them this weekends race is cancelled do to rain. :o
Well the UPS package had an old label on the back side of the box, thats what caused the confusion.
I just talked to dade city and they said they are racing tomorrow
Quote from: trx#9 on August 01, 2008, 09:09:08 PM
...lucky for them this weekends race is cancelled do to rain. :o
Is that "wishful" thinking OR are you getting senile in yer' old age?
NOT canceled yet!
I heard there's 4 feet of water on the track. Bring your john boat! ;)
:'( I think if that is the case I'm taking the VINSON 4X4 and racing that. ;)
I'm thinking jet ski now.
Congratulations to all the winners at Dade City this past weekend.
Sponsor Cup Winners 1st Chris Williams
Overall 2nd Devin Heimes
3rd Jeff Rastrelli
Quote from: mxer17 on September 22, 2008, 05:15:11 PM
Congratulations to all the winners at Dade City this past weekend.
Sponsor Cup Winners 1st Chris Williams
Overall 2nd Devin Heimes
3rd Jeff Rastrelli
whaaat? no #53 Kawi on the podium??
nope darn coil went out during practice didnt have another one :'(
Quote from: 53yfz450 on September 23, 2008, 02:59:10 AM
nope darn coil went out during practice didnt have another one :'(
DAMMIT MAN!!!!
Quote from: mxer17 on September 22, 2008, 05:15:11 PM
Congratulations to all the winners at Dade City this past weekend.
1st Erik Emanuelson
Sponsor Cup Winners 2nd Chris Williams
Overall 3rd Devin Heimes
4th Jeff Rastrelli
Next race results :Approve.gif
rolback1 :}}
Does anybody have a spare set of front shocks for a Walsh front end, I blew one out last night practicing at dadecity. :'(
Thanks, Erik
Check with Clay. We are out for this weekend also. Our rear shock never made it back. :'( If anyone has a rear shock for a honda let me know.
Quote from: quadsonly4 on October 04, 2008, 01:34:13 AM
Check with Clay. We are out for this weekend also. Our rear shock never made it back. :'( If anyone has a rear shock for a honda let me know.
Maybe we can put our quads together to make one. :D
Quote from: trx#9 on October 04, 2008, 01:39:12 AM
Quote from: quadsonly4 on October 04, 2008, 01:34:13 AM
Check with Clay. We are out for this weekend also. Our rear shock never made it back. :'( If anyone has a rear shock for a honda let me know.
Maybe we can put our quads together to make one. :D
No humor in the bad luck you 2 have been going thru
It would be funny though to see you 2 ridin' around on the same quad like a biker and his ole lady headin' up to Sturgis.
Enough with tryin' to knock that monkey off your backs and lets shoot the d@*#&d thing and get back to racin' !!!
Quote from: RTN on October 08, 2008, 08:15:38 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on October 04, 2008, 01:39:12 AM
Quote from: quadsonly4 on October 04, 2008, 01:34:13 AM
Check with Clay. We are out for this weekend also. Our rear shock never made it back. :'( If anyone has a rear shock for a honda let me know.
Maybe we can put our quads together to make one. :D
No humor in the bad luck you 2 have been going thru
It would be funny though to see you 2 ridin' around on the same quad like a biker and his ole lady headin' up to Sturgis.
Enough with tryin' to knock that monkey off your backs and lets shoot the d@*#&d thing and get back to racin' !!!
Wow it looks like I'm going to make a race, hopefully this weekend that monkey will fall off my back. :X
Well, if your missing or need anything, then let me know. I might have it.
Quote from: RTR_380/450R on October 18, 2008, 05:32:10 AM
Well, if your missing or need anything, then let me know. I might have it.
Thanks JT.
tonight should be alot of fun!! hopefully we will have a full gate:)
Quad Sponsorcup Results
Overall 1st Chris Williams
2nd Josh Collins
3rd Jake Gunn
Some of the best racing so far in this series. Congratulations to all the winners this race.
Reba
GREAT RACE//// congrats Cris..josh..Jake // RYAN#8
definitely some great racing,chris was fast as usual,josh and jake were gettin 'er done too...hats off to devin for a great ride the first moto with a sore shoulder from a bad get off on thursday nite,had a good ride going 2nd moto too until the motor went POW....
LOL,
I heard there are some pretty big pieces missing too, LOL
Someone mentioned to me at reddick that we must keep a fresh engine in Devin's quad, LMAO, I said hell no, we need to get it out after this weekend, the crank had been in that quad since the first national in 07 :}}
Thats the last time I say we need to get somthing out before it blows, LOL
I heard there was some great racing. Congrats to all of our ATP riders for a great showing again.
Now, I have to get back to work, Devin needs a new engine before next weekend, LMAO
Mike
Don't bring your trailers for tonight's race, there's only half the parking do to the fair. There's only parking on the concession side of the fence.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to congratulate Kyle McCullough and Erik Emanuelson on their overall podium finish at this weekends sponsorcup in Dade City. Some more great racing at the sponsorcup. Congratulations!
1st Chris Williams
2nd Kyle McCullough
3rd Eric Emanuelson
Reba
The ball starting to roll again...... :}}
Quote from: trx#9 on November 03, 2008, 01:15:03 AM
The ball starting to roll again...... :}}
Great riding brother!
Eric is an official member of OG Riders club!
Old guys rule!!
jt
Great Job guys !!
Now quit paying off the transponder people so you get to play with straws at the gate! ;D
Mike
Quote from: Nightbreed on November 03, 2008, 02:00:43 PM
Great Job guys !!
Now quit paying off the transponder people so you get to play with straws at the gate! ;D
Mike
It's a conspiracy! ;)
I wonder what other surprises will happen at the next Sponsor Cup ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ;) ;) ;) >:D
I know your suprise 8) 8)
looks like someone savataged my gas saturday night! someone poured oil into the can. low lifes!! this is what it looked like when i filtered it
Quote from: 53yfz450 on November 06, 2008, 12:23:05 AM
looks like someone savataged my gas saturday night! someone poured oil into the can. low lifes!! this is what it looked like when i filtered it
Looks like grape sauce to me. :D
I'm not saying "that" didn't happen but... wouldn't you have
noticed that pouring it into your quad? The hose is clear and
that crap is awful dark.
I wish people who do stuff like that a lifetime of mechanical
failures in EVERYTHING they own. Cars, boats, lawnmowers,
bikes, quads... you name it. I hope IT blows up.
Quote from: 53yfz450 on November 06, 2008, 12:23:05 AM
looks like someone savataged my gas saturday night! someone poured oil into the can. low lifes!! this is what it looked like when i filtered it
What the hell!? We were around there all night.
I would absolutely PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE if I find out who did this!!!
Cause thats how I roll!!! >:D
Karma Jake. Dont worry about it!
OH! I know your secret too!
Quote from: RTR_380/450R on November 06, 2008, 03:29:49 AM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on November 06, 2008, 12:23:05 AM
looks like someone savataged my gas saturday night! someone poured oil into the can. low lifes!! this is what it looked like when i filtered it
What the hell!? We were around there all night.
I would absolutely PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE if I find out who did this!!!
Cause thats how I roll!!! >:D
Karma Jake. Dont worry about it!
OH! I know your secret too!
Maybe one of those Mexican's from the fair to a dump in your can... :S
Hey! Im not a Mexican! ::)
well little did they know it was not my fuel but it was my can. my friend jason #29 used the fuel and didnt finish the 2nd moto due to it. and it was dark out it would be hard to see i didnt notice how dark the fuel was untill the next day. but i do know when it went in the trailer it was nice and blue so.....
but hey whatever goes around comes around!!!
Sponsorcup Results - Round 9
Congratulations to Lyndon for making the podium along with Chris & Kyle.
Overall 1st Chris Williams
2nd Lyndon Thacker
3rd Kyle McCulloch
Reba
GREAT JOB CRIS ,,,,your the man....this year... ha ha...Ryan #8
Thanks Ryan!
Congratulations on your Dade City Championship this year.
You're the man too!
Mom #2
Quote from: Ellis#8 on November 18, 2008, 03:10:44 AM
GREAT JOB CRIS ,,,,your the man....this year... ha ha...Ryan #8
Yes he is. Dominance!
congrats chris!!!! u deff. earned it this year! cant wait for the next one 8)
That sure was a short retirement !!! :D
Job well done #188
the Nales family
Good Job Chris,Job Well Done-Boy what an up and down series this has been-Thanks for all of the help.......
Toby
Thanks for the congratulations! Chris loves racing and has had alot of fun this series but he also takes alot of pride in seeing his riders (Williams ATV Performance) riders do well too. We are proud of all of them!!
Reba
what time is the race tomorrow?
practice starts at about 4 and racing starts right after usually around 530 6
Round 10 Sponsorcup
1st Chris Williams
2nd Eric Emanuelson
3rd Josh Collins
4th Kyle McCulloch
Congratulations to everyone in this series.
Reba
Congrats to Chris for a great series - 8 wins of 10 races is pretty impressive :)