In March of last year my trailer was broken into and my 06 450R was stolen and recovered. But, only after alot of
damage to it and parts missing.
They ground off all my Houser logos on the A arms, swingarm, and stem. Removed my graphics kit and all my number plates.
They took a can of flat black spray paint and painted the spindles, the nerf bars, the carbon fiber Ballance pipe, half the motor,
the plastics (even though they were already a high gloss black), linkage, gas tank, and all kinds of other stuff. They bent the swingarm, the axle, the handlebars, and a few other things.
Anyway, I saved my $$$$ for a long time and started my rebuild.
After alot of powdercoating and cleaning, IM READY!!
I am fairly excited. Here are some pics.
I broke it down to everly nut, bolt, and washer.
Wish me luck!!
t
t
t
t
t
t
Puttin' her back together!
A Arms, Radiator, and Spindles.
Side angle.
Shocks. These were painted flat black. Even the shafts and seals.
You have no idea what I had to go through to effectively remove it without hurting anything
with chemicals!!
Swingarm, rear shock, and linkage.
Bearing carrier, axle, etc;
Motor in. Had to strip her down of paint as well and polish her back up.
Wiring in. What a biotch!!
Another angle.
Went with white plastics.
another angle
Almost finished.
Need the correct front wheels and tires.
Need to mount the pipe.
another
another
Pipe was completely painted black. Alot of work went into polishing and cleaning it up.
I'll post finished pics when I get my number backgrounds, graphics, new hood, and front tires and wheels.
Thank God I'm almost done!!! Its been a long time waiting.
My 05' is getting a freshining up as well. It needs a little attention.
This is me and her making love at Flyin High!
Man! Great job JT ;) . It's a pregnant dog alone taking it apart and putting it back together. You had to remove paint and such on top of that. The bike looks awsome and you should have took some before pics. If you did, post them so we can actually see the turnaround.
Nice! It's very exciting to finally get finished, especially after what you went through.
I know what you went through with a rebuild like that. Nice job ! :ThumbsUp.gif
I didn't realize how much damage was done. I apologize for not leaving permanent damage to the punk that stole it.
Quote from: RTR_380/450R on May 27, 2008, 07:02:14 AM
Went with white plastics.
Quit trying to be like me! ;)
Quote from: trx#9 on May 27, 2008, 02:06:36 PM
Quote from: RTR_380/450R on May 27, 2008, 07:02:14 AM
Went with white plastics.
Quit trying to be like me! ;)
If only I could baby!!!
Thanks guys! If I can find some before pictures with all the damage I will.
jt
...I wish I would find my 250r spraypainted, instead of a whole lot of nothing :'(
Wow Looks Good Bet you cant wait to go muddin ;)