Thunderbowl Speedway will be re-opening soon. The flat track will open first, and as time allows(hopefully within a month or so after opening) I will rebuild a new TT track. The TT will not be the same layout that we previously had, but will a completely new design.
We will resume a regular monthly racing schedule as well as the Sunday open practice / track days.
Opening dates will be announced.
WOW !! Are you kidding ? Thats cool !! Guess you won that battle huh ? ;D
Freakin awesome, thats what I'm talkin about! Great news Brady, congrats!
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just working on my junk thinking it would be great to be Playing out there today!! Good job, Can't wait.
Great news, can't wait :D
hell I might even come out on a sunday o play if I can ever get a quad to ride. I have been thinking about it for a while. just didn't want to jump in if there wasn't going to be a place to play around on practice days
Just ride the "snickers express".....
That's great news Brady,
It will be great to be on the home track again. I'm glad that the legal battle was a short one. :T
Quote from: fastrnrik on May 26, 2008, 01:33:02 AM
Just ride the "snickers express".....
I might investigate that for Sunday practice days if it's still around, before I goet a toy of my own.
Any changes to the flat track?
Ward
#66Q
This is the BEST NEWS I have received in a long time. THANK YOU BRADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: WJDTRI on May 26, 2008, 11:51:12 AM
Any changes to the flat track?
Ward
#66Q
I would say possibly? When Brady gets on equipment, who knows what will happen? I know we have talked about changing the banking in turn 3 and running turns 3 and 4 all the way to the fence. I think, but not sure, that the TT is going to come in between turns 3 and 4, so that may one reason for his wanting to re-work that area. I'll know more this week what the plan is.
Rick
Hey Rick, Where were you this weekend? we missed you on the mic and the pit gate, we needed someone like you to keep the show running.
S.M.
I would have liked to have been there, but couldn't make it.
I heard it was a pretty good day, even without my sick MC skillz.
Solid news Brady ! :ThumbsUp.gif
Excellent news Brady! CONGRATS!!!! :T
Brady, I'm being selfish here, are you going to have a practice the Sunday before the race nite?
Richard
Quote from: stgsali on May 27, 2008, 12:07:07 PM
Brady, I'm being selfish here, are you going to have a practice the Sunday before the race nite?
Richard
Possibly?.... It really depends on if the track is ready.
BRADY --- YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!
I can't wait -- Many thanks to you!!!!
Brady what's the status on opening? Heck If I can get a sunday in of practicing on my 250r that be awesome! What date is the race set up for?
Hell Yeah >:D >:D >:D. Way to go Mr. Brady see ya soon !
forgive for being ignorant but were noit talking about the 3/8 mile track are we? where is this 1/4 mile track at? never been there.
super nate
I would say 10 minutes south of the Speedway, same road. Was a great track. And I know Brady & company will only make a better one. Pic is of old track at a practice day in January
is it right near the motocross track on the east side of the road?
Hey Nate
Yep, right next to it.....hey, send me your e mail address. I have a few pics of you two
jonesyancey@tampabay.rr.com
Ward
If this is the case I might blow the dust off the ole girl and ride her.
If somebody...humhum... would get my motor back to me, I'm going to try the ol'R out on you girls this year!! 8) So I'm ready for some pratice!!
It's about time you blow the dust off that HONDER and ride agian.
Good Day to you Brady
Any update on the progress of the new track.
Ward
Hey,
Anybody out there know about racing at thunderbowl yet ?????????
Or a race any where?
still waiting on a date i guess.might be going to auburndale next week on thursday night to practice,anybody wanna go?
TB will not be ready by June 14. Brady may post details later. Next race is June 21 at Jasper. Racing at 7pm.
Hello. We have been working on Thunderbowl, but unfortunately due to the condition of the track and facility it will not be ready for the 14th. It shouldn't be too much longer. I would guess a couple of more weeks.
Brady's situation with his wife has taken up most of his time lately, so he has not been able to work on the track with us.
Thanks for being patient
If anyone has any questions, ask me.
Rick Dugan
A few things....
The track website is back up and running. Here's a link:
http://thunderbowlspeedwayocala.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=29 (http://thunderbowlspeedwayocala.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=29)
It's not been updated, but will be soon. Also, there is a forum on the site where I will post the same information that I post in here.
Some equipment is being delivered today and we will be grading and re-building the oval track this weekend, and will start on a new TT as soon as I can free up some other equipment. I would guess sometime in the next month or so. There is still a TON of stuff to do out there. It's amazing how fast a place deteriorates when left to sit.
Special thanks to Quad32 for going out there and getting the grass mowed. It's been six months since it was mowed, so it was pretty gnarly.
Thanks
Brady
No prob sir. Just make sure they park the equ. where Ive all ready mowed. I got to go out and finish up this afternoon. ;)
Quote from: Quad32x on June 12, 2008, 02:27:04 PM
No prob sir. Just make sure they park the equ. where Ive all ready mowed. I got to go out and finish up this afternoon. ;)
Didn't finish? What, did you run out of "beverages"?
Didnt have any. You would of thunk that the bossman would supply some. :dunno.gif :Approve.gif
Yeah, you'd have thunk that. I'll have to let Mr. Dugan know to tighten up, we're thirsty.
Well yea ! ;)
IF you guys need any help just let us know what and when i,m sure there are plenty that would help all we can.
Where taking applications for experienced weedeater operators for this afternoon if you know any. ;)
Experience is not required. We will happily train operators ;D
Well its looking like tomorrow or Saturday before I`ll get back out to finish. The rain is bringing it right now ! ???
Quote from: Quad32x on June 12, 2008, 09:48:11 PM
Well its looking like tomorrow or Saturday before I`ll get back out to finish. The rain is bringing it right now ! ???
Rain = more time to drink ;)
Quote from: Sandbagger11 on June 14, 2008, 11:30:20 PM
Quote from: Quad32x on June 12, 2008, 09:48:11 PM
Well its looking like tomorrow or Saturday before I`ll get back out to finish. The rain is bringing it right now ! ???
Rain = more time to drink ;)
Yea it does. ;)
How does the new layout compare to the old one?
Ward
The oval track will be similar..... for now. When we start re-doing the TT, the oval will be changed/updated as well.
The new TT design is not set in stone, but the layout I'm leaning towards will be fast, and technical as well. Another goal I have is to make the TT accomodating to both quads and motorcycles.
Jumps damn it , jumps. >:D
Yes, of course there will be several jumps. Also, I think a gnarly off camber section will fit in nicely. ;)
Quote from: Quad32x on June 15, 2008, 09:33:37 PM
Jumps damn it , jumps. >:D
I'm out Fat boys don't jump well.
Quote from: Sandbagger11 on June 16, 2008, 02:19:30 AM
Quote from: Quad32x on June 15, 2008, 09:33:37 PM
Jumps damn it , jumps. >:D
I'm out Fat boys don't jump well.
It never seemed to bother you before? Have you gotten morbidly obese in your time off or something?
Quote from: fastrnrik on June 16, 2008, 02:42:30 AM
Quote from: Sandbagger11 on June 16, 2008, 02:19:30 AM
Quote from: Quad32x on June 15, 2008, 09:33:37 PM
Jumps damn it , jumps. >:D
I'm out Fat boys don't jump well.
It never seemed to bother you before? Have you gotten morbidly obese in your time off or something?
Can you imagine ? Hes got to be super fat ! rolback1
he may be fat but he's the safest guy i ever raced side by side with.anybody got an extra quad i can race :(
It all depends on how much you want to pay... OOO you mean you want to ride someone else's quad.. Sorry I didn't understand....LOL 8) NO!!
I haven't been on in a while and missed the work. Here I've been wanting to give some free labor and it comes and goes without me. I'll CK more now. I'm sure I can get some grass mowing in sometime. ;)
Don t tell Brady
But on the way home today from Jasper, I parachuted in behind the border patrol at T Bowl and was able to capture this shot of the track. Looks like it is coming along great.......just needs some love & attention and some riders
Ward
#66Q
Dang motorcycle riding hoodlums with their felony breaking & entering...
I had the track graded VERY nice on Friday. The track looks good considering all the rain we got yesterday. See any big washouts?
We'll be out there this week fixing that wall (yuk- I HATE carpentry type work), and doing a bunch of other crap work like weedeating, mowing, cleaning, etc.
Flattery will get you everywhere Brady
Didn t see any wash outs. Looks like all it needed was some rubber on it. I probably won t practice next Sunday with what looks like a steady diet of races coming up. Not sure I have the energy for every week. My plan is to still come up Sunday and talk with you on how I can contribute to your cause. Can t do alot of hard manual labor due to back injuries I have....but could offer some electrical work ( I am an electrician) and discuss other areas. Let me know if you plan to be working at the track on Saturday and I may come up then instead. I can ride a mower, even better if it has AC :).
See if you have any carpenters in the group to help you out with the wall
Ward
When ya need me out there again Brady ?
So there is a practice coming up
I am sure it is only the flat track portion..............patience......patience.......patience
I CANT TAKE IT I WANT TO RACE THE TT TRACK
Quote from: jayman on June 22, 2008, 06:59:59 PM
So there is a practice coming up
I am sure it is only the flat track portion..............patience......patience.......patience
I CANT TAKE IT I WANT TO RACE THE TT TRACK
You and me both brotha.
Quote from: fastrnrik on June 22, 2008, 08:02:22 PM
Quote from: jayman on June 22, 2008, 06:59:59 PM
So there is a practice coming up
I am sure it is only the flat track portion..............patience......patience.......patience
I CANT TAKE IT I WANT TO RACE THE TT TRACK
You and me both brotha.
Then it is settled....
You can not do anything other than work on the TT Track ;D
Actually I have the week off tending to my wife as she just had major surgery the other day. If I can get away this week my son and I will come up for the day to help out. I will you know.
You just take care of that wife. We'll get the track ready.
stgsali
Ask and you shall receive!!
going into turn 1
Ward
turn 2
Last one turn 3
So what is your feeling for it? Is it longer to the 3-4 end? Will be nice to race on the home track.
Richard ;D
When I was on my recognizant mission crawling under the brush from Hard Rock to T Bowl. I came across a landcraft (jeep) climbing a HUGE STEEP HILL...and I mean STEEP in between the 2 tracks.......looked like fun!!!!!....crazy but fun.....caught it on video......file is 22mb if anyone wants to see it and can handle the file size on their personal e mail
jonesyancey@tampabay.rr.com
Ward
Looked longer and turn 4 looked wider. Only Brady knows for sure :). Looked like turn 1 was deeper....or I could just be full of #$%@
Whats the formal definition of "smack"
Ward
The next question is then, how many people plan on making it for practice?
And send me the video Ward.
Richard
When is practice?
When is the practice I might swing by!!
Practice is on Sundays 10am - 5pm.