I know diesel is more than gas, but I think its about time to improve fuel efficiency for boats.
http://www.megoutboard.com/30L_vision.php
11 gallons of fuel per hour? Man, I put $20 in a supercharged jet ski last weekend and it lasted about 15 minutes. Boats suck on gas and always will.
My 250's burn 25-30 gph......I think the diesels are the bomb ;)
If anyone thinks diesel engines are not fast in a boat, go to www.fishflorida.net & look a Capt Tommy Butler's custom offshore charter boats. This guy is THEEE MAN when it comes to Gulf of Mexico grouper fishing. Guarantees 250lbs per trip!!!
Diesel is just as fast some guys used to run diesel's in the offshore race class until they were forced to add weight to the boat
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on May 13, 2008, 11:57:01 AM
11 gallons of fuel per hour? Man, I put $20 in a supercharged jet ski last weekend and it lasted about 15 minutes. Boats suck on gas and always will.
Not my 4 cylinder mercruiser inboard. It hold 20 gallons and I can pull two tubes and run it hard and only use about 8 to 10 gallons a day. Ran it Saturday afternoon and Sunday and it still had almost half a tank yesterday.
Quote from: yunt2ride on May 14, 2008, 08:03:46 AM
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on May 13, 2008, 11:57:01 AM
11 gallons of fuel per hour? Man, I put $20 in a supercharged jet ski last weekend and it lasted about 15 minutes. Boats suck on gas and always will.
Not my 4 cylinder mercruiser inboard. It hold 20 gallons and I can pull two tubes and run it hard and only use about 8 to 10 gallons a day. Ran it Saturday afternoon and Sunday and it still had almost half a tank yesterday.
That is sure some nice mileage you have going on.
Quote from: yunt2ride on May 14, 2008, 08:03:46 AM
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on May 13, 2008, 11:57:01 AM
11 gallons of fuel per hour? Man, I put $20 in a supercharged jet ski last weekend and it lasted about 15 minutes. Boats suck on gas and always will.
Not my 4 cylinder mercruiser inboard. It hold 20 gallons and I can pull two tubes and run it hard and only use about 8 to 10 gallons a day. Ran it Saturday afternoon and Sunday and it still had almost half a tank yesterday.
:o :o :o :o :o :o
Wow i would almost have to think you math is off. Those 4 cyl Merc's are good on gas But they usally still burn at least 15/hr at cruise. the nice think about diesel powered boat (over 20 feet) if your using 10-15 at cruise. now in some cases you are closer to 20/hr at cruise but thats usally when cruise is more 40mph