I am wondering if you finance an ATV are you required to have insurance on it? Maybe that's a stupid question but can someone answer that for me?
I'm 99% sure you don't need it. I would get it anyway, it isn't that expensive. I have insurance on mine since the day I bought it in 2004.
I bought 2 Prairie 700's from local dealer in West Palm. The finance co did not require it. Some may.
I financed my atv and they didn't require it. My atv is financed through HSBC and they sure do suck!!!!!
I am not aware of any lender that requires insurance on an atv.
I financed mine through my bank (Fifth Third) and they required me to have insurance. It's cheap though and makes it worth not having to worry about it getting stolen.
The first one I financed, the credit union didn't realize that I did not have it. The dealer never told me that I had to. But the second one. I went directly to the credit union and tthen they realized that I did not have it on the first one so then I had to get it on both. It was only about $120 a year for each so it was well worth it. Now they are paid off and I still keep it because it also covers some medical if you wreck it. Also if it rolls off a trailer or something and gets totalled. They pay for it. I always thought that if something fell off you trailer and got damaged, your truck insurance covers it, which it don't. It only covers damage to anything it may hit after rolling off. Like another vehicle that may run it over.
Quote from: yunt2ride on May 08, 2008, 07:55:27 AM
The first one I financed, the credit union didn't realize that I did not have it. The dealer never told me that I had to. But the second one. I went directly to the credit union and tthen they realized that I did not have it on the first one so then I had to get it on both. It was only about $120 a year for each so it was well worth it. Now they are paid off and I still keep it because it also covers some medical if you wreck it. Also if it rolls off a trailer or something and gets totalled. They pay for it. I always thought that if something fell off you trailer and got damaged, your truck insurance covers it, which it don't. It only covers damage to anything it may hit after rolling off. Like another vehicle that may run it over.
Shoot, if it's only $10 a month then I'll get it. I thought it was much more than that. Who is your insurance through?
Quote from: coolcloo1019 on May 08, 2008, 09:53:46 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on May 08, 2008, 07:55:27 AM
The first one I financed, the credit union didn't realize that I did not have it. The dealer never told me that I had to. But the second one. I went directly to the credit union and tthen they realized that I did not have it on the first one so then I had to get it on both. It was only about $120 a year for each so it was well worth it. Now they are paid off and I still keep it because it also covers some medical if you wreck it. Also if it rolls off a trailer or something and gets totalled. They pay for it. I always thought that if something fell off you trailer and got damaged, your truck insurance covers it, which it don't. It only covers damage to anything it may hit after rolling off. Like another vehicle that may run it over.
Shoot, if it's only $10 a month then I'll get it. I thought it was much more than that. Who is your insurance through?
\
Each Ins co & policy may vary in price. Dont forget Yunt gets the senior discount from his AARP.
I did not need insurance either, but I got a great policy with my carrier Met-Life though Progressive, super cheap $130 ish with uninsured motorists, medical, etc.
I got it from my Farm Bureau agent but he wrote it with progressive.
Wacker, I need all the discounts I can get. Got fuel to buy. ;D
So I just talked to the guy at Suzuki about financing. :'(
I got approved and all but the rates they wanted to offer me were INSANE!
Either a fixed installment loan at 17.9% or a revolving credit at 7.99% for 2 years and balloon to 17.9% after that.
It's not like I have bad credit or anything either. I've got a midscore of 758 right now with 4+ years of solid credit history.
Is everyone else's rates like that or did I just get stiffed?
When I bought my Honda. I financed $4500 for 3 years @ 6%. I paid it off in 1 year with no penalties.
I have no idea why they offered me such a high rate. It's not really a big deal. I'll more than likely put it on my credit card that I have with a fixed rate of 8.99%.
But it's just the fact that I have plenty of income and great credit and they are offering such a $hitty deal.
Check with a credit union and see if they will finance an ATV for you.
Quote from: yunt2ride on May 09, 2008, 10:36:26 AM
Check with a credit union and see if they will finance an ATV for you.
Will a credit union work with you even if you don't have an account with them?
Also, if I were to pay with a credit card, wouldn't that be like paying cash? I could probably work out a little more of a deal saying I'm paying cash and then pay with credit. I'd also have the title in hand as well correct?
Quote from: coolcloo1019 on May 09, 2008, 10:39:51 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on May 09, 2008, 10:36:26 AM
Check with a credit union and see if they will finance an ATV for you.
Will a credit union work with you even if you don't have an account with them?
Also, if I were to pay with a credit card, wouldn't that be like paying cash? I could probably work out a little more of a deal saying I'm paying cash and then pay with credit. I'd also have the title in hand as well correct?
Yep, most of them take new members. they are in business to loan money.
Well I'm going to check her out after work. Maybe I will come home with a new toy.
A cu is your best bet they have the best rates longer terms get insurance,it is cheap!! progessive has the best rates.Get the stuff incase some
a-hole, low life steals your bike you will get something back.
Got it all taken care of. Thanks guys!