Took em this evening, thought you guys might enjoy them. I started building this back around December, got it "together" for the March SFTL/SDTA race over at Crossroads Motorplex. I was up till about 5:00AM that race morning in the shop working on it and rode/raced it that evening without any major issues, but I puttered around mostly to be safe since it was all new. Still tweakin on it and making adjustments and changes to stuff here and there.
(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/5-3-08%20Out/P1010100Large.jpg)
(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/5-3-08%20Out/P1010092Custom.jpg)
(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/5-3-08%20Out/P1010079Custom.jpg)
(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/5-3-08%20Out/P1010071Custom.jpg)
(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/5-3-08%20Out/P1010087Custom.jpg)
(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/5-3-08%20Out/P1010084Custom.jpg)
(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/5-3-08%20Out/P1010094Custom.jpg)
(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/5-3-08%20Out/P1010101Custom.jpg)
(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/5-3-08%20Out/P1010102Custom.jpg)
Haven't got to paint the bottom of the frame yet where I welded in the new engine cradle. Need to be getting to that but I'd like to have something that matches well and thats been pretty hard. Powdercoat sometime, no idea when haha. I need scoops and a new # plate for it (sykolincoln's gonna hook me up with that I think, hes da man.) I mangled mine at a race at Thunderbowl last season when it was still a 250R. Went the entire season and never had a single get-off, and then ate it twice in one night :-\ Get those on there and I think it'll be pretty sharp.
it must fly very cool
It looks dangerous. Pretty swEET.
Cool man.
Who gave you the GIT IT RAG! sticker?
looks good. but whats up wit dat pipe?
Beautiful.
Quote from: Anoriginal on May 06, 2008, 09:12:05 AM
Cool man.
Who gave you the GIT IT RAG! sticker?
The man, himself! Yamahondaman.
Derek, thats a "special" pipe. When ya cant find parts, ya make em. Not entirely happy with it but its letting me ride at least. I'm probably going to roll some cones using Blair's pipe formula and make a new one here sometime in the near future.
That would be a good idea. With that funky bend in the middle, you probably aren't scavenging the cylinder as well as you could with a smooth wall. It's probably like having a good pipe with a big dent in it. Bike looks pretty cool.
Yeah thats the first pipe I ever sectioned, and to start with I was cutting it with the plasma instead of the saw so that made matching ends and pieces up pretty hard. About half way through it I learned a few tricks and that made it a lot easier and better. The next one will look and work a lot better.
you suck!! All I got is a little 2 fiddy ;D looks good buddy can't wait to see it rip!
looks sick. I want one
wow and i thought the 250s were fast i want to ride it ;D