I would like to install a snorkel or have someone do it for me. I know it is not that hard because the airbox has a round hole coming out of it. I do not know about rejetting the carb. I could use some info. Any sugestions on the project? Tony
Its fairly easy. My friend has a rubicon and were gonna do his in a couple weeks. I use pool hose (blue kind) cause unlike pvc were you have to put bends which will restrict air the pool hose won't. You will need some extensions and tube for the front/rear differential, carb and ????? i think i'm forgetting one. But its easy and basic and you can get all this at home depot. If you want we can meet up and I can help you do it. I have my bigbear snorkeled out. I live by PBCC on congress and meleleuca.
I am kinda new to the ATV world of Tech so correct me if I am wrong but isnt a snorkel a big pipe that comes out of your carborater and then comes up somewhere at the top of the atv so you can drive through water and still get air into the engine?
Or am I thinking of somthing else.
usually comes out of the breather box. But you are correct.
That would be cool. We live very close. I live at Haverhill and Melaleuca. I would really appreciate any help. I have an artical on doing it. It is always easier if you have already done one.
thats crazy thats where my friend with his rubicon that were gonna snorkel lives. He lives on the north west corner in them townhomes.
Snorkel is complete did not take long. Where is the water at??????
I am doing a snorkel too. What did you use for the exaust? I read a raditor hose will work, but I dont know if it can stand the heat & will not melt.
Tank You
Gabe
Did you bring up all the breather lines as well ? if you didn't you'll want.
I extended all the breahers and ordered a FMF exhaust.