I have an 04 z400 and for some odd reason, it will not keep all of the oil in the crank case. For instance, I parked it in my garage and i came back to it 2 weeks later and the drain plug had backed up and drained all of the oil in the oil tank. So, on the next ride, I put 1 quart of oil in the tank and started it up to get the oil flowing and then unscrewed the dipstick and oil/water started pouring out of the tank. So, I then drained all of the water/oil out of the tank and crankcase.. put 3 quarts of oil in and started it back up and it was fine. I went riding that day and half way through the ride, check the dipstick and it started pouring out of the tank again. Any advice would be grateful, Thanks.
I am confused, are you saying you have water in the oil tank??? or are you just having problems with oil coming out of the tank when you check it????, Give me a call maybe I can help...352-523-3621 KEN If no answer leave a message and I will call you back.
When I first drained it there was water in the tank but after I had changed it, it was straight oil.
Did you recently do the clutch on this bike? The left side cover gasket and o-ring must be properly installed. It is possible the o-ring or gasket have failed.
No, I havn't done anything to it other than change the oil a few times.
water in the oil?kinda sounds like a blowed head gasket,dont know Toy_doctor knows his Z's, and the quad only holds 2000ML of oil which is 2 1/4 quarts ;D
3 qt of oil is too much . when you pull the dipstick it will come flooding out . Try 2 .