ATV Florida Forum

General => Where to Ride? => Topic started by: reticrich on April 28, 2008, 03:06:39 PM

Title: Bear Island
Post by: reticrich on April 28, 2008, 03:06:39 PM
Has anyone riddin Bear Island in Big cypress? Looking for some new places to ride.

Thanks

Rich
Title: Re: Bear Island
Post by: rdm225 on April 28, 2008, 03:41:54 PM
Most of that area is closed the yellow loop trail. plus you will need a submarine to get around ,deep water
Title: Re: Bear Island
Post by: reticrich on April 28, 2008, 03:47:19 PM
RDM,


Any other places in big cypress that you know of that we can ride?

Rich
Title: Re: Bear Island
Post by: brocker on April 28, 2008, 07:01:24 PM
I rode the trails at the Oasis center back in February.  It was really dry.  It has a lot of lime rock on the trails, so beware.  I liked it but a few others were not as happy.  I want to try the trails off of Rt29 next.
Title: Re: Bear Island
Post by: reticrich on April 28, 2008, 07:29:28 PM
Brocker,

Are the trails of of RT29 near bear island?

R
Title: Re: Bear Island
Post by: brocker on April 28, 2008, 10:38:29 PM
I just looked at the map and Bear Island is the trail system off of 29.  I do want to check that out soon.  It looks to me like there are several different trails.
Title: Re: Bear Island
Post by: m0n0x1d3 on April 29, 2008, 05:37:59 PM
I think those trails come from turnerriver road and then wagonwheel road to 29.I may be way off base cuz i have not been there in a coupkle of years.I am planning to hit Bear Isalnd soon so please let us know how it is.