ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: Moose on December 14, 2004, 08:18:28 PM

Title: Winch contactor placement
Post by: Moose on December 14, 2004, 08:18:28 PM
Any suggestions on where to put my contactor switch for my warn winch on a 450 foreman. Thanks for any help.
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: meathead1 on December 14, 2004, 08:27:18 PM
I put mine in the storage box and sealed it in plastic warn 3.0  2 years old no problems
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: yunt2ride on December 14, 2004, 09:44:11 PM
Did somebody buy him a winch for christmas, Just may need it riding with us. HEHE  Now I need to get one. And some tires
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: Moose on December 15, 2004, 07:52:43 PM
meathead1, how did you seal the switch in plastic? I've been trying to figure out how to keep it from getting wet.
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: customrubicon on December 15, 2004, 10:50:41 PM
I put mine under the seat towards the back of the frame. It fits perfect. I did not want to put it in the box because it takes up the storage area.
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: Moose on December 16, 2004, 02:33:29 PM
I don't have room under the seat on my foreman, the starter solenoid and fuse box are next to the battery in that space. I could put it under the fuse box, but it would get wet when I get into deeper water, same as with the rear tool box.
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: Mars on December 16, 2004, 09:45:31 PM
Hi Moose.
 I know you have an "ES" and you may have more electrical stuff than ours but....
 I have ours piggy backed right on the starter relay under the seat. Ours is a 1999 "S" and it fit just right.
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: customrubicon on December 16, 2004, 10:57:46 PM
I have an es and it fits fine.
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: meathead1 on December 18, 2004, 10:16:13 PM
heavy duty plastic bag and silicone 2yrs no water
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: Thrasher on December 19, 2004, 08:01:40 PM
stutttering?
Title: Re: Winch contactor placement
Post by: Mars on December 20, 2004, 12:41:40 AM
Quotestutttering?
That's funny!