ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: VelociRaptor350 on December 30, 2004, 10:49:24 AM

Title: Foam or k&n
Post by: VelociRaptor350 on December 30, 2004, 10:49:24 AM
What do you guys use for your riding conditions in florida, in jersey its real muddy/dusty so a foam filter works out, but i heard sand will get through a foam filter.  thanks.
Title: Re: Foam or k&n
Post by: T2 on December 30, 2004, 02:35:48 PM
I used to run K&N with the prefilter and I noticed some dirt getting through, I switched to unifilter with the prodesign billit clamp and no dirt gets through , so thats what I ride with now.
Title: Re: Foam or k&n
Post by: 2006YFZ450 on November 02, 2005, 01:24:53 AM
I ride K&N
Title: Re: Foam or k&n
Post by: ppark350se on November 02, 2005, 02:21:03 AM
k&n let im more water and are better for car use becouse they dont trap as much air. I use the uni foam filter with the bilet clamp. it was a great improvment. just remember for anybody with a carb.(I know 700s are EFI) youll need to rejet most of the time with a new airfilter.
Title: Re: Foam or k&n
Post by: Honda250ex on November 02, 2005, 03:04:22 AM
I ride K and N, I think foam stinks, but the pros use anything ???
Title: Re: Foam or k&n
Post by: Chillinthemost on November 02, 2005, 04:21:08 AM
foam is better for you motor. A properly oiled foam filter= no dirt in your motor. BUT I do run a K/N for the sand drags.
Title: Re: Foam or k&n
Post by: bbf on November 02, 2005, 09:55:17 AM
i run k&n in all my toys never had a problem
Title: Re: Foam or k&n
Post by: Da_Mtg_Man on November 02, 2005, 12:00:16 PM
I like Foam. It keeps more dirt out. but let's less air through