WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. President George W. Bush has ordered the release of $200 million in emergency aid to help countries where the soaring cost of basic food has spurred riots and instability.
The money, to be drawn down from a food reserve, will address food needs in Africa and elsewhere, the White House said.
The announcement follows an appeal to the international community by World Bank President Robert Zoellick.
"The international community must fill the at least a $500 million food gap identified by the U.N.'s World Food Programme to meet emergency needs," he said. "Governments should be able to come up with this assistance and come up with it now."
The United States is the world's largest provider of food aid, delivering more than $2.1 billion in food aid to 78 countries last year, the White House said in a statement.
Riots from Haiti to Bangladesh to Egypt over surging food prices have brought the issue to a boiling point and catapulted it to the forefront of the world's attention.
I say oil for food b*tches
I agree with them :bow.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif :T
I'm agree with that as well
<nanaparty>
Wow we agree to ---agree!!! Where's the fun in that ;D
<nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty>
I say OIL for the b*tches. <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1
Oil up the biatches and lets see them wrestle.
I agree with the oil for the biatches :P <nanaparty> <nanaparty>
Mexicans for oil!
<nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty>
Thats funny right there :R :R :R 2:L :L send the oil plenty to trade
If you look back in history riots have done some people good look at the detroit riots and the la riots they got what they wanted free living supplied buy us the tax payers. CL
Quote from: greenmachine on April 15, 2008, 11:18:28 AM
I say oil for food b*tches
HAHAHA, na, that was the 90s, today it's food for gas! (as in ethanol)