Howdy,
In the process of restoring 1985 Honda 200x but can't get the darn swingarm pivot bolt out. I've even taken the hammer to it but it won't budge. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Pat
put the trike on its side with the nut side up (swingarm bot nut) and spray pb blaster through all of the areas between the swing arm and frame and around the bolt, keep doing this for a while and let sit over night, you will have to get a punch and a heavy hammer to drive it out, and may ruin it, but dont worry this is common on these old trikes. If you ruin your bolt I may have an extra one floating around for it. If you cant get it out you will have to take a sawzall to it between the frame and swinger, remember you will have to get new swing arm bearings for it as well.
Great...thanks. Will give it a try tomorrow. I've already ruined it I believe so if you do have a good one laying around, I'll need it!
Thanks again,
Pat
PB Blaster saves the day. I've been there, lol.
Put some heat to the bolt or your going have to cut it off with a sawall good luck
After a week of pounding and spraying PB Blaster...nothing worked. A buddy of mine suggested a can of coke and three hours later I had the thing removed! Needless to say I was speechless! I just slowly poured the coke over the area...
Pat
sweet! now that makes you wounder how f'ed up coke makes your teeth!