ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: rubicon500kid on January 08, 2005, 02:36:48 AM

Title: Cobra Megaphone Steel Exhaust
Post by: rubicon500kid on January 08, 2005, 02:36:48 AM
hey im geting one cuase it was realy cheap and wanted to know if i have to rejet the carb and if i do how do i do it also is dial-a-jet a good thing
here is the like on the Exhaust
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/partslist.aspx?Bike=5613&Style=8674#0
Title: Re: Cobra Megaphone Steel Exhaust
Post by: big-daddy on January 08, 2005, 10:25:46 AM
megaphone are hollow, no packing. very loud with a deep sound. also there not Forestry approved.
Title: Re: Cobra Megaphone Steel Exhaust
Post by: rubicon500kid on January 08, 2005, 12:06:22 PM
ok so do i need to re jet the bike or no ?
Title: Re: Cobra Megaphone Steel Exhaust
Post by: IT200 on January 08, 2005, 02:59:23 PM
I have a cobra on my mojave I took the stock main jet and replaced it a main jet 135 havent had any problems. But it was LOUD untill I put on a supertrap spark arrestor. And still pretty loud. If you want somthing you can start at your house dont get this pipe every neighbor will call the cops.
Title: Re: Cobra Megaphone Steel Exhaust
Post by: big-daddy on January 08, 2005, 04:15:21 PM
any time you change something on the eng. you may have to rejet to fine tune the motor
Title: Re: Cobra Megaphone Steel Exhaust
Post by: Ida_Mann on January 11, 2005, 01:21:26 PM
I had a Cobra Jet exhaust long ago on a Suzuki Quadsport and it was MAJOR loud, sounded like a glass-pack on a VW bug.

my neighbors hated me ;-)

Id@
Title: Re: Cobra Megaphone Steel Exhaust
Post by: BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING) on January 11, 2005, 08:57:06 PM
Me to I had it on my250s and I had no friends, but I know the cops better. ;D
Title: Re: Cobra Megaphone Steel Exhaust
Post by: rubicon500kid on January 11, 2005, 11:54:41 PM
cool i hope when i get the parts to fix my bike ill get this it sound what im looking i wanted some thing loud lol