ATV Florida Forum

General => Racing Scene => Topic started by: fastrnrik on April 05, 2008, 08:52:37 PM

Title: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 05, 2008, 08:52:37 PM
 This is the thread where I will post updates on the progess and pictures of the new track I'm building at Ocala Speedway.

Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 05, 2008, 09:10:10 PM
I worked on the track all day today until I got rained out. I got a lot done considering none of my "helpers" showed up >:(

I have adjusted and changed the layout a little. Due to the shape of the property, the front straightaway is longer than the back straightaway. turn 1 will be a normal turn, but turn 2 will be a sweeper. Kind of a "D" shape. Turns 3 and 4 are long, sweeping radii, and should be f-a-s-t.

I will be back out there tomorrow and will try to get some pictures. 
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 05, 2008, 10:23:27 PM
The TT track will be added after the oval is roughed in. There is LOTS of room in the middle for an awesome TT course.
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: koh0001 on April 05, 2008, 10:26:21 PM
Sweet!! ....I can't wait. If you need any free labor let me know.
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: HondaATC on April 06, 2008, 01:04:10 AM
Awesome, glad to hear it.
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 11, 2008, 08:16:48 PM
I'll be out there all day tomorrow and Sunday movin' dirt.

Should get the land leveled out and the oval part of the track close to being ready for clay. I hope to rough in the TT this weekend as well.
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: WJDTRI on April 23, 2008, 09:36:41 PM
Hey Brady
   Hows the new track coming along. You logging laps on the "CAT". Checked your lap times yet?

Ward
#66Q
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 23, 2008, 11:16:09 PM
The Cat is fast, (at least as fast as a Yamaha) but I've been having trouble "backin' it in".... ;D

Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: stgsali on April 27, 2008, 09:12:51 PM
Hey fastr, Any new developments/progress? Or will we have to wait for the race date to see or hear anymore about it? lol You guys do a lot for the sport and the area. Richard
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: ktm54 on April 28, 2008, 12:29:40 AM
yep!  yep! :banghead.gif :banghead.gif
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 28, 2008, 12:34:02 AM
Wow! Kurt Brady is on the computer.....


I never thought I'd see the day. :o
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: LostCause on April 28, 2008, 01:03:34 AM
Hey Brady
How did the trip go?
LPD has your quad........but it took them a while to catch me....



JK.
You have got a beast.  And the kill switch does work.
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 28, 2008, 01:10:05 AM
The trip went good, just ...... L-O-N-G.......

Did you make the 11 o'clock news at least?

Call me next week and I'll come get my 'lil 250 before you hurt yourself on it.
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: 2 wheeled flat tracker on April 28, 2008, 05:23:59 PM
Hey Brady I saw your quad at the Leesburg bike festival yesterday under the SSQA tent, I spoke with Brent? about the future and he appeared to be a nice enough guy.

They were also having a burn out competition right across from his display and I talked him into letting me use your bike for the contest and he said sure no problem, man those tires really throw off some smoke, I guess I owe you a new set of tires......

What is the new "quad" I'm hearing about that you had to import from North Kackalakki?

S.M.
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 28, 2008, 07:55:26 PM
Quote from: 2 wheeled flat tracker on April 28, 2008, 05:23:59 PM
Hey Brady I saw your quad at the Leesburg bike festival yesterday under the SSQA tent, I spoke with Brent? about the future and he appeared to be a nice enough guy.

They were also having a burn out competition right across from his display and I talked him into letting me use your bike for the contest and he said sure no problem, man those tires really throw off some smoke, I guess I owe you a new set of tires......

What is the new "quad" I'm hearing about that you had to import from North Kackalakki?

S.M.

Yes, Brett is a nice guy (even though he's from Lake County ;)). I think with all of our combined efforts, dirt track racing in Florida will do nothing but improve. 

A burnout contest huh? Did you at least win? I know you normally ride a Yamaha, so it must have been a real treat for you to be on something that had enough power to actually smoke the tires ..... LOL

I don't know nothin' about nothin' about no new quad......... ;)
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: PANHEAD78 on April 28, 2008, 08:12:24 PM
HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THE ATV SIGHT.WOULD LIKE TO OFFER MY HELP ON PROMOTING FLAT TRACK RACING IN CENTRAL FL.WHERE CAN I GO TO SEE UP COMING RACES? CAN I ASSIST YOU GUYS WITH NEW TRACK? ME AND A BUNCH OF AHRMA AND FTR TWO WHEELERS ARE DYING FOR A PLACE TO GO FLAT TRACKING. I CAN GUARANTEE STRONG SUPPORT FOR UP COMING TRACKS AND FOR GROUPS RELATED TO FLAT TRACK. IS THERE A SOUTHERN FLAT TRACK WEBSITE? THANKS PANHEAD78
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 28, 2008, 09:13:27 PM
Here's a link to some info on our upcoming race at Ocala Speedway on May 17th

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,32589.0.html (http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,32589.0.html)

Did you come to the AHRMA race there during Bike Week?
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: WJDTRI on April 29, 2008, 02:50:29 AM
Ocala/AHRMA

Was a great evening

Ward
#66Q

Picture Of Turn 1
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: WJDTRI on April 29, 2008, 02:51:57 AM
guess I don t know how to attach multiple pics.

Ward
#66Q
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: WJDTRI on April 29, 2008, 02:54:07 AM
AHRMA/OCALA
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: WJDTRI on April 29, 2008, 02:56:44 AM
I give up!!

Ward
#66Q

Picture Of Front Straightaway, Looking Back Towards Turn 4
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: fastrnrik on April 29, 2008, 03:41:37 AM
I enjoyed the AHRMA race more than the AMA race. Some them old bikes (and them old guys...LOL) are FAST!
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: HillKiller on April 29, 2008, 04:32:31 AM
Quote from: PANHEAD78 on April 28, 2008, 08:12:24 PM
HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THE ATV SIGHT.WOULD LIKE TO OFFER MY HELP ON PROMOTING FLAT TRACK RACING IN CENTRAL FL.WHERE CAN I GO TO SEE UP COMING RACES? CAN I ASSIST YOU GUYS WITH NEW TRACK? ME AND A BUNCH OF AHRMA AND FTR TWO WHEELERS ARE DYING FOR A PLACE TO GO FLAT TRACKING. I CAN GUARANTEE STRONG SUPPORT FOR UP COMING TRACKS AND FOR GROUPS RELATED TO FLAT TRACK. IS THERE A SOUTHERN FLAT TRACK WEBSITE? THANKS PANHEAD78
There is limited info on

     www.southerndirttrackassociation.com
Title: Re: New Track at Ocala Speedway
Post by: WJDTRI on May 13, 2008, 11:07:38 PM
Good Day To You Brady
   Hows the new track progressing?

Ward
#66Q