I have ordered a hotcam for my raptor 350 and i have heard theres is an issue with the cam pin's breaking and then you basically need a new top end. The issue is the cam gears themselves are different. the warrior is part number:3HN-12176-00-00 and the raptor 350 is:5YT-12176-00-00, but the cam for both are the same. the Hotcam is about 1-2mm taller the the factory Raptor cam shoulder. So the bolt and washer does not make good contact with the cam gear letting the cam bounce around on the pin and destroying the cam. Do you think its possible to use the warrior cam gear in the raptor? thanks for any help you can give me, some kid on bluetraxx.com blew 2 motors already, one with a web cam and one with a hotcam and were trying to figure it out.
Thanks alot
Ruben
heres a pic of the cam: http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/yamaha-warrior-03-bikepics-274171.jpg
I'll let Mike W answer this one, He's the genius when it comes to cams. I'll tell him about this post.
thanks alot.
I will get intouch with my contact at hot cams, and see what their fix is. Give me a call tomorrow, and leave me your information.
hey man thanks alot, i appreciate it.
hey nightbreed my email is rg454@aol.com so whenever you find out anything just drop me a line, thanks again.
the cam are different, The Raptor cam as a improved bearing design at the end.
So that's what is causing the cam failures, do you know if you can swap it back to a warrior cam bearing? or were there larger changes made?
Any word yet? I called up hotcams today and left shawn a message but he hasn't gotten back to me yet, i was wondering if you heard anything from them?
lol, pretty much the same thing here.
great minds think alike. Yeah ill give him a call tommorrow and see whats up, he was "away from his desk" today.
hey mike, still no word? The cam showed up in the mail today, looks real sexy :)
I just don't feel like blowing my motor. This guy shawn is really good at not returning phone calls from what i can tell.
SOOOOOOO TEMPTING
Nevermind mike, i talked to shawn, they are going back to the drawing board with the cam design, only good news is they are willing to swap the cam i got now for the new design when it comes out. thanks for the help anwyays.
Ruben
LOL, I got a call back probably the same time you did. Let me know if I can actally be of help with anything, lol.
no prob, ill be looking for some port and valve work soon. :)