Just wondering because I have to replace mine about every 6 months
on our suzuki quadrunner 250 (utility) we have had the same battery since we bought it and we got it in 2001, and it stil works fine
QuoteJust wondering because I have to replace mine about every 6 months
cant realy put a finger on it. anything mechanical will fail it is just a matter of when. I have gotten 5 years out of the battery in my truck but I have new vehicles rolling in off the delivery trucks with dead batteries. my best suggestion in you case would be to measure the amp and voltage drop across the positive terminal and the positive cable. therefore determining if you have a parasitic draw.
I'm with atvtrailer. He has the same quad as me and i had to replace mine about 2,000 miles. That is about 1 yr or so i have had it.
how much do they coast for a new one
I just got a new battery from Interstate Batteries and it was around $65. $20 cheaper than the atv dealership near my house. http://www.ibsa.com/estore/default.asp
i can buy them from the dealer for like $30