You guys that have Warriors and or Raptor 350's ever run with the air box cover off? I have a Pro Flow with K&N filter and no outer wear. Just asking because when I was cleaning my filter I ran it with the lid removed and it seems to have more throttle response. ???
Jim, ::)
It's definitely a good idea to run outerwear with no lid. Pantyhose will work also.
No lid+Outerwear= :)
Make sure you jet for it, dynojet recomends a 132 with the lid on and a 138 with it off in the rappy
I had just thought about jetting. Do you need to rejet with just the lid off? ??? Should i re jet with the proflow and K&N filter installed? ??? If I need to rejet then I will just leave the lid on as I don't have any jets. And want to wait to start jetting when I put on pipe.
All help, Thanks,
Jim
Jim, every intake mod you make requires jetting because you need more fuel to make up for the more air your allowing into the motor.
After I put on ProFlow and K&N I checked the plug and it looked good. Will leave the lid on for now. But with it off it sure did rev quick or at least it seemed to.
Jim,
Yeah man the lid is useless, it just slows you down, i'd rip that thing off and burn it. As long as you run a filter wrap you'll be fine, and who dosn't want more power? As long as your plug looks good you should be fine, most bikes are fat(rich) out of the factory.
another option is "venting" the airbox,I had a warrior that power sports of palm beach(now palm beach cycles),cut about 6......2 or 3 inch holes in it,and rejetted the carb,pipe,sprokets etc..I could run with a STOCK banshee
dont burn it ! there a kit you buy that cuts the top off and you install the outerware to the lid. I have it on the Blaster works great. post a pic of it in the morning
QuoteYeah man the lid is useless, it just slows you down, i'd rip that thing off and burn it. As long as you run a filter wrap you'll be fine, and who dosn't want more power? As long as your plug looks good you should be fine, most bikes are fat(rich) out of the factory.
Hummmm, nope. As with most atvs they are a bit lean from the factory. They must meet EPA standards. You need the lid if you run in very wet locations.
I have had 4 Warriors. All piped and jetted about #140 main.
Mine had a 147.5 in it from the factory, it was a little fat.
Wow. Thats a new one on me. My largest set up was a 145 if memory servs....