thinking about buying some new 25 inch tires. want to know if the gator is a good mud tire or is a 25 mudlite better?
I have gators and love them. but if you are staying with 25" go with mudbugs. They have the ddeep tread in 25". Gators and lights only have 5/8" in 25" and bugs have 1 1/4". Gators and bugs have the same tread design though. Imo mudlights suck.
I want to mount the 25's on my stock rims. they are 9 inch. the bugs don't come in a 25-x-9 size. only the gators do. I beleive. You don't like the mudlites? How about ride quality?
If you plan on playing in some mud and dont want to worry get some Outlaws or Vampires
I am keeping the stock 9 inch rims dude. I don't believe those tires you mentioned come in that size. Those tires ride like cement blocks on anything other than 1 foot of sludge anyways.
I have a honda foreman with stock rims and I have 27x12 on the back and 27x9.5 in front and there outlaws and they dont rub and fit the rim perfect
right, you have 12 inch tall rims. I have 9 inch tall rims. the second number on your descriptions of your tires is the width. the third number is the size of the whole inside the tire. get my drift?
Ohh your right, sorry about that, I think you can get Mud sharks there allright tires or blackwaters work really good.
what company makes those two tires you mentioned?
those sharks and blackwaters do not look to be to good for the mud. I like riding in mud and some trail riding out at ms&g. those two tires are rather pricey compared to the gators.
look here: http://www.highlifter.com/store/Tires.html
I found vamps, tri claws, bear claws, gators, bugs, and lights in 9" rim, and there may be a few others.
thanks Kris, now I have to do some research.
no problem. I forgot to say that i wouldnt recommend bear claws either if you like to mud. I have a set of them, and they just dont dig at all. They sit on top of mud and just spin until they are slick.
Here's a good place to get really good prices on mud tires
http://home.cfl.rr.com/tyres4less/
thanks it200. looks to be a good site.
The vamps come in 9". They are good in the mud and ride almost like stock on the trail. Also look in to the Mud Machine, they perfoem well and ride smooth.
Check out this site. They are cheap.
http://www.nebraskatire.com/atv/atv_home.htm