I was wondering if there are any "side affects" to the motor with installing a lift kit without adjusting anythingin the motor. Also, how much does it cost to get the lift kit installed?
the lift kit will not effect the motor,its the tires that will effect it
Awesome... i appreciate the info!
Oh yeah...i found some on ebay and one kit comes with the coil spings and the others dont. If i want to lift it 1.5 to 2 inches do i need to buy the kit with the springs?
i put a 2" lift on my rubicon and it is rough on you cv joints >:( . i had to replace 1 side so i took the lift off
yeah i figured it would have to be a little rough on something...it may not be worth it to take the chance....Thanks.
Quotei put a 2" lift on my rubicon and it is rough on you cv joints >:( . i had to replace 1 side so i took the lift off
Dreth, what size tires were on it? What do you want for the lift kit if you still have it?
is there any way to make hte lift kit "not hard" on the cv joints?
No they are all harder on CVs... The Perfex long travel kit for Hondas seems to br the least taxing. A lift combined with large aggressive tire will decrease the life of certain parts of your machine.
If you don't taking the bike through jumps and abuse it like that your cvs would last a lot longer than if you did. Thousands of people have lifts, and there are problems, but as long as you do not abuse the machine you will be ok for a while.
ya i don't really jump my bike...im in the mud more than anything really. I'll go over a few hills and rocks but not aggresively.
I got stuck on a damn rock yesterday so im dying to get a lift and some bigger tires to get that sh*t out of the way lol.
Im spending too much damn money on this bike and i havne't even made my first payment lol
$400 for a winch, $300 for new tires, another $150 to lift it...joy hehe
I've got the lift and 26" Vamps on the Rancher, and I abuse the hell out of the bike. I had the bike for 2 years now and it still runs like it was new.
is there a good place locally that i can some vamps for my stock rims on my eiger? I don't really wanna have them shipped and all that.
i go to pepboy or tire king it cost 5 per wheel
im talking about buying the tires, not just mounting them :)
Wal-Mart sells some OEM type tires. You could try ARS in Okeechobee. I have noticed most dealersips that carry tires carry ITP 589s and Mudlights.