ATV Florida Forum

General => Photo Gallery & Videos => Topic started by: Moose on February 29, 2008, 02:56:32 PM

Title: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: Moose on February 29, 2008, 02:56:32 PM
Got this in a email. He calls it a doe, but I think it's a young buck, who cares.


Talk about being lost.

How these guys saw this is beyond me. Life is like a box of chocolates and so is fishing in

Florida. You never know what you will find.

Caught 1 1/2 miles offshore while Fishing!

(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Moose-55/DEER/1.jpg)

(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Moose-55/DEER/2.jpg)

(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Moose-55/DEER/3.jpg)

(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Moose-55/DEER/4.jpg)

(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Moose-55/DEER/5.jpg)

(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/Moose-55/DEER/6.jpg)

Yes , we turned her loose when we got back to shore..
She was soooo tired and was glad to get into our boat and rest !
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: backinsaddle on February 29, 2008, 03:00:35 PM
that's awesome....
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: IXIswamperIXI on February 29, 2008, 03:19:58 PM
That is crazy!!  Won't see that very often!  I wonder why he was out that far? The current?
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: JackL on February 29, 2008, 03:25:46 PM
That is seriously awesome, I've seen some mighty big iguanas swimming pretty far out on the gulf side of the Keys, but never a deer!

Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: predatorracer8 on February 29, 2008, 03:54:41 PM
atleast they let it go, deserves a break after that kinda workout lol.
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: GENERAL-Z on February 29, 2008, 06:17:58 PM
should have kept it as a pet. howed they get it in the boat
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: Anoriginal on February 29, 2008, 07:15:49 PM
Nice Panga!
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: SWAMP_DONKEY on February 29, 2008, 07:45:17 PM
Quote from: JackL on February 29, 2008, 03:25:46 PM
That is seriously awesome, I've seen some mighty big iguanas swimming pretty far out on the gulf side of the Keys, but never a deer!



  Oh man I thought I was the only one that has seen that.... Mexico on a dive trip we have seen them 100 200 yards off shore :o
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: wilburz on February 29, 2008, 08:11:03 PM
is it against the law to shoot a swimming deer if it is that far off shore?
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: LINK500 on February 29, 2008, 08:17:37 PM
 ??? How does a deer get 1.5 miles out? That is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. Was that in the Keys???
I have also seen iguanas on the in the gulf side of the keys, as well as on my dock, on my boat, tying to eat anything I leave out that is food related. They also crap all over the place. I don't understand how the iguana population has grown so much in the Keys.
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: SWAMP_DONKEY on February 29, 2008, 08:32:55 PM
Quote from: wilburz on February 29, 2008, 08:11:03 PM
is it against the law to shoot a swimming deer if it is that far off shore?

Not if you use a flair gun.  LOL
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: klutchbuster400 on March 01, 2008, 03:36:45 PM
Someone was fishing for shark ::)
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: FoxHondaRider on March 01, 2008, 04:53:06 PM
thats crazy!
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: Bigscrb15 on March 02, 2008, 03:14:44 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on February 29, 2008, 07:15:49 PM
Nice Panga!

i was thinking the same thing. That is one of the only boats I would trade mine in for.
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: JackL on March 02, 2008, 03:33:52 AM
Quote from: LINK500 on February 29, 2008, 08:17:37 PM
??? How does a deer get 1.5 miles out? That is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. Was that in the Keys???
I have also seen iguanas on the in the gulf side of the keys, as well as on my dock, on my boat, tying to eat anything I leave out that is food related. They also crap all over the place. I don't understand how the iguana population has grown so much in the Keys.


They seemed to adapt really well to life down there. They both suck.

(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/keys6407/IMG_6350Medium.jpg)

(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/keys6407/IMG_6363Medium.jpg)
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: DRWalum on March 02, 2008, 04:08:12 PM
Man, do those Key Deer taste great !!  :E They serve them @ THE No Name Pub , on Big Pine Key. Not on the menu, but just ask discretely  ;)
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: Young Gun on March 02, 2008, 07:55:17 PM
Thats insane.  Shark bait!
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: JackL on March 04, 2008, 03:17:13 AM
Quote from: DRWalum on March 02, 2008, 04:08:12 PM
Man, do those Key Deer taste great !!  :E They serve them @ THE No Name Pub , on Big Pine Key. Not on the menu, but just ask discretely  ;)


Hahaahah.  ;)
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: AmericanRobster on March 04, 2008, 03:23:41 AM
I saw this on florida sportsman! Shark bait is right!
Title: Re: Deer 1-1/2 miles out in the gulf
Post by: yfz450psycho on March 16, 2008, 05:26:45 PM
LUCKY IT HAD ALL OF ITS LEGS