Hmmm What do you think will happen went it hits the first mud hole........Smoke and fry ;)
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=458433
I'm sure they're very hesitant to mention anything but dirt road capabilities when they sell it to ya.
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on February 26, 2008, 12:04:57 PM
I'm sure they're very hesitant to mention anything but dirt road capabilities when they sell it to ya.
Would you for $52,000 :(
Good point. It's probably in the small print. The very, very, very, very small print.
with 300 volt battery it should smoke and fry quickly when it hits the water.
First off, I have seen many peope sink their vehicles. Usually it is their mud truck/playtoy and such. I don't think that you can find many people, if any, that will buy a $40 or $50,000 vehicle and then go sink it up to the seats in water. I'm not convinced that hybrids are worth the extra money that you spend for them anyways. But I definately couldn't see someone buying one to play in water with. There is no vehicles on the market made for that, hybrid or not, and the warranties do not cover abuse when it breaks because you were playing in water and mud with it. Hybrids are made for the road to save fuel and this one even adds a pretty good towing capacity to it for your weekend adventures.
yunt.. glad to see your post. But I seen people with $100,000 truck sink them in miami
Quote from: big-daddy on February 26, 2008, 12:03:47 PM
Hmmm What do you think will happen went it hits the first mud hole........Smoke and fry ;)
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=458433
Just need a 55 gallon drum of dielectric grease.
There were 14 cases in 2007 where people have died in the U.S. working on hybrids (mechanically,body, and emergency responce) I am not saying they are no good I have been to classes on specific repair procedures on hybrids and one issue was what if someone ran off the road into a canal (lord knows we have canals LOL) would you be fried? Well there are circuit protection in case of water submersion. Now the talk is when the air bag goes off it will blow a charge on any high voltage cable to insure the safety of any first responders (jaws of life, ect) Just a little FYI :ThumbsUp.gif
for $52,000 is over priced to gain few mile per gallon.
Quote from: big-daddy on February 26, 2008, 04:43:07 PM
for $52,000 is over priced to gain few mile per gallon.
Thats why I'm not convinced that Hybrids are the way to go. Plus having to maintain extra batteries and equipment that goes along with it.
The batteries right now are in the range of $3500 and with proper maintenance they are only expected to last 5-10 years. If you ever let the battery completely die you have to replace it. And batteries are dealer only.
what will happen? sink