ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: L.E._YFZ_2005 on March 09, 2005, 01:04:29 PM

Title: cutting plastics
Post by: L.E._YFZ_2005 on March 09, 2005, 01:04:29 PM
im thinking im gonna take the knife too my 400ex plastics today  any trickso n how to do it?
Title: Re: cutting plastics
Post by: LE450-RACER#77 on March 09, 2005, 01:17:10 PM
DON'T USE A KNIFE USE A JIG SAW FOR STARTERS.
Title: Re: cutting plastics
Post by: DS650 on March 09, 2005, 02:29:38 PM
and a torch..once your finished
Title: Re: cutting plastics
Post by: 1slowfox on March 09, 2005, 04:14:58 PM
Tape and patience(sp)


whats I did was did small cuts at a ime till i got it where I liked it ..

Ed
Title: Re: cutting plastics
Post by: Flea_Jumper on March 10, 2005, 10:38:31 AM
Lots of patience.  It took me about 45 minutes to finish the cuts.  I used a sharpie marker and drew out my lines and made sure thats what I wanted.  Then I used a utility knife and went over the lines a few times and then started to cut very slowly.

Came out great.  Good luck.
Title: Re: cutting plastics
Post by: VelociRaptor350 on March 10, 2005, 01:37:53 PM
A dremel with the cutoff wheels works very good, thats how i did mine. I used a utility knife on my friends banshee and that worked, just took alot of time.