can anyone tell me what they paid to have their first service done on their quad? I believe I just got screwed on mine. $130 for all fluids and filters and gear lubes. If I did, expect to see a not so nice post on the g, b, and ugly section.
Do it yourself from now on. Change the oil/filter (be sure to use 4 stroke oil), check all fluids and hit the grease fittings. Oh yeah,Clean air filter after every ride.
That'll save you a bunch of money doing it yourself.
I paid $142 for the first service on my 450 kodiak 4x4
The parts were $36 and the $101 was the work
My first service was done in murphy, Nc
okay, that's standard then.
i will do it myself from now on. The funny thing is that I had all the parts in my hands at the store last week and they talked me into just letting them do it for "approx. $90" Well, they did the service today and told me "that'll be $166." So, I angrily got them down to $130 and will not be back to that store again. I won't post what store because it turns out that is about the standard cost, but they initially told me $90 and should've stuck with it.
thanks for the replies!
tony
I paid $190 like a fool on my 04 Eiger. I did it myself on my Kodiak after that. I learned how to do the oil and filter, I got screwed just once.