Poll
Question:
Why did you buy your atv?
Option 1: Haul Logs
votes: 3
Option 2: Have fun
votes: 61
Question, why did you buy your ATV?
If it was to haul hay or logs around your property, or some other utility type purpose, read no further.
If you bought your atv to have fun, well excuse the shameless self promotion ;D, but you really should come out and try the Motoplex this coming feature weekend.
We have mud, water, tracks, one way trails and there will be around 300 atv's having a blast. It is a relaxed family atmosphere, you will meet tons of new friends, ride all day and night, free primitive camping and a number of fun events to enter.
Some of the highlights are a Chili Cookoff on Saturday night, followed by a tex mex themed pot luck dinner, prior to going out riding for the night. You can go night riding on your own, or join one of our group night rides (a 2x4 slow paced, a 2x4 fast paced or a wet and muddy 4x4 group ride).
On Saturday we have a number of fun, but very competitive events, xc Race, mx race, drag race, mud racing, an ATV Tug of War and of course a number of fun events for the kids (including an obstacle course race). You are welcome to watch, participate or ignore the events. No entry fees, we compete for bragging rights and trophies.
Here is a flyer for the event: http://www.floridaatvmotoplex.com/images/Event_Flyer_Feb_22.pdf
Here is a link to our newly updgraded web site: http://floridamotoplex.com/
I bought my quad's to collect dust. Every time I try to make it up there something happens. Eventually I will make it.
I got mine to get muddy. The motoplex rules :Y
Quote from: Paul_S on February 18, 2008, 08:14:00 AM
Question, why did you buy your ATV?
is this a trick question???? O.K. to ride it at DURHAMTOWN ;)
I really woud like to visit the plex, but being sooooooo far away and with the price of fuel, it only teases me when you post these.
Can't make it this weekend because of gatorback.
I bought mine for pure fun. If I had a farm or business where I needed to haul stuff I would use a 4X4 but even then its fun just ride something.
i would be there if it wasnt 7 hours away. i really think it would be sweet. build one in Brevard County! ;D
Quote from: Fox17 on February 18, 2008, 10:34:33 AM
i would be there if it wasnt 7 hours away. i really think it would be sweet. build one in Brevard County! ;D
I am thinking of it, but...............
Quote from: Can-AmGator on February 18, 2008, 10:06:12 AM
is this a trick question???? O.K. to ride it at DURHAMTOWN ;)
seriously, would you? (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif) (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif) (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif)
For shame, I live in South Brevard and have been and goin again and again, and there are several other Brevard resident's I know that also make the trip cuz it's worth it. Git someone to come with ya that's what I do, split the gas etc... ;D
Quote from: Paul_S on February 18, 2008, 10:50:38 AM
Quote from: Fox17 on February 18, 2008, 10:34:33 AM
i would be there if it wasnt 7 hours away. i really think it would be sweet. build one in Brevard County! ;D
I am thinking of it, but...............
Quote from: Can-AmGator on February 18, 2008, 10:06:12 AM
is this a trick question???? O.K. to ride it at DURHAMTOWN ;)
seriously, would you? (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif) (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif) (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif)
just havin' some fun Paul_S U must know i support the plex!!!!!!!! :ThumbsUp.gif
Quote from: Can-AmGator on February 18, 2008, 10:55:16 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on February 18, 2008, 10:50:38 AM
Quote from: Fox17 on February 18, 2008, 10:34:33 AM
i would be there if it wasnt 7 hours away. i really think it would be sweet. build one in Brevard County! ;D
I am thinking of it, but...............
Quote from: Can-AmGator on February 18, 2008, 10:06:12 AM
is this a trick question???? O.K. to ride it at DURHAMTOWN ;)
seriously, would you? (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif) (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif) (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughing7.gif)
just havin' some fun Paul_S U must know i support the plex!!!!!!!! :ThumbsUp.gif
Hmmm, we always thought you owned one of the hunt camps around us and were mad we were scaring off the deer (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/icon-1_4.gif) (http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/icon-1_4.gif)
I've been to every one of the feature weekends and have an awesome time at each one.
Wish I could afford going more,,,,,,funny thing that happens at every one,,,,about Saturday night everyone starts talking about the next time like it's already there ;-)
it's way more than just a riding spot that you can camp at, everyone there cares about making it a great time to be had by all,,,,,even down to the riders,,,,,we have had people show up without a quad just to BE THERE with whom they consider their family.
Id@
Quote from: gtnwood on February 18, 2008, 10:51:00 AM
For shame, I live in South Brevard and have been and goin again and again, and there are several other Brevard resident's I know that also make the trip cuz it's worth it. Git someone to come with ya that's what I do, split the gas etc... ;D
For shame.....exactly!
And Fox..it doesn't take 7 hours from Brevard. :L We make it there from Brevard in just under 4 hours. That place is worth the drive. You really should try it.
I was gonna say the same,,,,takes me close to 4 hours from Orlando, but I drive like T2 rides his yami,,,,,slow ;-)
Id@
I would go,,, If it wasnt a 10 hour drive from here...
Quote from: KD 450 on February 18, 2008, 02:48:48 PM
I would go,,, If it wasnt a 10 hour drive from here...
When you say 10hours do you mean round trip??? Cause I know people that come up from Lake Worth in Palm Beach County and it only takes them 3 to 3.5 hrs?????
Quote from: KD 450 on February 18, 2008, 02:48:48 PM
I would go,,, If it wasnt a 10 hour drive from here...
for those saying this,,,,,,I say just go once, you'll be hooked.
I tell everyone I meet about the place and I also tell them this....
I have a home available to me that has all the amenities even centraal A/C and heat that is 200' from the forest line of Ocala National Forest,,,,I can ride out of the front yard, and it's 72 miles from my front door in Orlando.
But I choose to go 210 miles and camp in my trailer to be at the Motoplex.
Id@
OK, Paul...Time to come down here to Davie and build one here now that Holey Land, the only legal public land to ride on is closing.... :'(
Quote from: budman on February 18, 2008, 03:36:57 PM
OK, Paul...Time to come down here to Davie and build one here now that Holey Land, the only legal public land to ride on is closing.... :'(
We are thinking about it, we are thinking of either building another one down south or expanding the one we have.
I'll drive the bulldozer...
I bought my old one because I thought it would make me cool :-\
definitely a blast and i've made it to all but one. don't care if i don't have a bike. it's too much fun to miss. like ida i have my own camp w/ all amenities. but i'm fine w/ tent camping or what ever just to be there w/ this group! it's a blast!
can't wait for the Wii tournament this time. i'm gonna play, even bringing my own Mii.
Quote from: Paul_S on February 18, 2008, 04:20:47 PM
We are thinking about it, we are thinking of either building another one down south or expanding the one we have.
Sweet!!! You know.... Pinellas county is the most densely populated county in Florida and centrally located too. Demographically, it may be quite profitable to build one close by. hint hint........
Quote from: budman on February 18, 2008, 05:19:06 PM
I'll drive the bulldozer...
you will have to fight me for it :D
Quote from: MP on February 18, 2008, 05:53:57 PM
you will have to fight me for it :D
Or he could just bulldoze right over you :dunno.gif
i would go every weekend if there was a motoplex "south florida" and know plenty others who would too. and are also more than willing to pay annual fees/membership costs or just park entrence. there is no where else to ride down here in broward.
been there the place is cool specialy if you like the mud, and for paul great guy, and the people too are great, would recommen riding the extra 1.5 hr to it instead of ocala, and you can run your generator with uit a cutt off time and hot a** showers
thanks again paul
So I could Join this site ;)
I bought mine so everytime I wanted to ride it the law would tell me NO.Then I went even further and built one for around 6K so they could shut down all the tracks I could ride it at.This is a good site to meet friends at but florida reps. suck on helping us keep places to ride.
i would love to go maybe i will when i get a new truck 8 mpg i could buy my own fricken park
but seriosly is there a website or somethin w/ pictures and more info
Quote from: backwoods boy on February 18, 2008, 07:49:23 PM
i would love to go maybe i will when i get a new truck 8 mpg i could buy my own fricken park
but seriosly is there a website or somethin w/ pictures and more info
www.Floridaatv.com and http://www.onlypowersports.com/plex.htm has some pics and videos but there has been many updates since then.
Quote from: blupits04 on February 18, 2008, 07:48:49 PM
I bought mine so everytime I wanted to ride it the law would tell me NO.Then I went even further and built one for around 6K so they could shut down all the tracks I could ride it at.This is a good site to meet friends at but florida reps. suck on helping us keep places to ride.
Another reason to finish the JEEP....How are things with the Fam?
The Plex is flat out the best place to ride in the state of Florida and the people who you meet there are better than you will meet anywhere in the Country.
I would love to do a group ride at the PLEX ,....a nice group ride....maybe grill up some bangers... 8)
Bought mine to ride. And theres no place to legally ride around here anymore so I'm all in at the Motoplex. You can't find a better group of people to be with.
P.S. And I travel from Brevard County also, 4 hours no problem.
I travel from Saint Pete and it is worth every mile in fact I would drive twice that far to go there. Once you go you will understand what people are saying and you will be saying the same- ITS WORTH THE DRIVE AND I WILL MAKE EVERY RIDE I CAN !!!
I'm more than likely heading down to okechobee to get a new bike that weekend, and i would love to break it in at the plex but there is no way in hell i could afford it. Pouring every last DIME i have into the trip and into the down payment. Tight spots SUCK! especially when your chasing a very expensive dream.
I'll make it there eventually, i havent even seen you paul, since I was out helping clear the trails for the rally! It will be sooner than later!
I'd say hope everyone has fun, but it seems like that would be equal to saying "hope you get wet at the pool!"
When I get my finances in order here soon I may make the trip up there
Quote from: shogun323 on February 18, 2008, 05:52:40 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on February 18, 2008, 04:20:47 PM
We are thinking about it, we are thinking of either building another one down south or expanding the one we have.
Sweet!!! You know.... Pinellas county is the most densely populated county in Florida and centrally located too. Demographically, it may be quite profitable to build one close by. hint hint........
+2 if you were to build one in pinellas county you could bet one hundred million dollars i would be there every single day, i know that sounds like bs but i would. its a dream, theres no land in this county anyways pasco has some though. but i think so nobody could be like its too far etc. including myself(i dont have a whip yet). lakeland area would be sweet to see a area come up over there .
jake
jake
Quote from: FLCat on February 18, 2008, 02:40:06 PM
Quote from: gtnwood on February 18, 2008, 10:51:00 AM
For shame, I live in South Brevard and have been and goin again and again, and there are several other Brevard resident's I know that also make the trip cuz it's worth it. Git someone to come with ya that's what I do, split the gas etc... ;D
For shame.....exactly!
And Fox..it doesn't take 7 hours from Brevard. :L We make it there from Brevard in just under 4 hours. That place is worth the drive. You really should try it.
well its a long trip is my point. its not the drive and gas as much as getting time off work to go. i would have to have 2-3 days and that doesnt happen very often at all. if it only took a hour or so then i could do a 1 day ride but 8 hours driving dont leave much riding to do in one day. were fixin to buy a RV though. when that happens ill take a vacation.
Quote from: Fox17 on February 19, 2008, 12:43:20 PM
Quote from: FLCat on February 18, 2008, 02:40:06 PM
Quote from: gtnwood on February 18, 2008, 10:51:00 AM
For shame, I live in South Brevard and have been and goin again and again, and there are several other Brevard resident's I know that also make the trip cuz it's worth it. Git someone to come with ya that's what I do, split the gas etc... ;D
For shame.....exactly!
And Fox..it doesn't take 7 hours from Brevard. :L We make it there from Brevard in just under 4 hours. That place is worth the drive. You really should try it.
well its a long trip is my point. its not the drive and gas as much as getting time off work to go. i would have to have 2-3 days and that doesnt happen very often at all. if it only took a hour or so then i could do a 1 day ride but 8 hours driving dont leave much riding to do in one day. were fixin to buy a RV though. when that happens ill take a vacation.
do the right thing,,,,,,,quit yer job ;-)
Id@
Quote from: MP on February 18, 2008, 05:53:57 PM
Quote from: budman on February 18, 2008, 05:19:06 PM
I'll drive the bulldozer...
you will have to fight me for it :D
Bring it, little man.... (or just let me sit in it and make "vroom vroom" noises) 8)
dont worry, MP will let you sit in his lap :D and thats as far as im going.
That's farther than I will go too...... ???
Quote from: budman on February 19, 2008, 06:22:42 PM
That's farther than I will go too...... ???
If you sit on my lap I promise to raise you 3.5 inches :-*
ewww, seriously, ewww
Id@
Quote from: MP on February 19, 2008, 07:38:42 PM
Quote from: budman on February 19, 2008, 06:22:42 PM
That's farther than I will go too...... ???
If you sit on my lap I promise to raise you 3.5 inches :-*
You gonna have a 1-1/2" foam cushion on your lap ;)
Quote from: Paul_S on February 19, 2008, 07:47:41 PM
Quote from: MP on February 19, 2008, 07:38:42 PM
Quote from: budman on February 19, 2008, 06:22:42 PM
That's farther than I will go too...... ???
If you sit on my lap I promise to raise you 3.5 inches :-*
You gonna have a 1-1/2" foam cushion on your lap ;)
hey, Matt aint here to defend himself,,,,,comeon now ;-)
Id@
Quote from: MP on February 19, 2008, 07:38:42 PM
Quote from: budman on February 19, 2008, 06:22:42 PM
That's farther than I will go too...... ???
If you sit on my lap I promise to raise you 3.5 inches :-*
thats it?
Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 19, 2008, 07:48:45 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on February 19, 2008, 07:47:41 PM
Quote from: MP on February 19, 2008, 07:38:42 PM
Quote from: budman on February 19, 2008, 06:22:42 PM
That's farther than I will go too...... ???
If you sit on my lap I promise to raise you 3.5 inches :-*
You gonna have a 1-1/2" foam cushion on your lap ;)
hey, Matt aint here to defend himself,,,,,comeon now ;-)
Id@
;D ;D I changed it to protect Matt's integrity
Quote from: Ida_Mann on February 19, 2008, 01:51:47 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on February 19, 2008, 12:43:20 PM
Quote from: FLCat on February 18, 2008, 02:40:06 PM
Quote from: gtnwood on February 18, 2008, 10:51:00 AM
For shame, I live in South Brevard and have been and goin again and again, and there are several other Brevard resident's I know that also make the trip cuz it's worth it. Git someone to come with ya that's what I do, split the gas etc... ;D
For shame.....exactly!
And Fox..it doesn't take 7 hours from Brevard. :L We make it there from Brevard in just under 4 hours. That place is worth the drive. You really should try it.
well its a long trip is my point. its not the drive and gas as much as getting time off work to go. i would have to have 2-3 days and that doesnt happen very often at all. if it only took a hour or so then i could do a 1 day ride but 8 hours driving dont leave much riding to do in one day. were fixin to buy a RV though. when that happens ill take a vacation.
do the right thing,,,,,,,quit yer job ;-)
Id@
i would if he would pay me to sit at the motoplex and help out (well, really just ride)
I HONESTLY DONT KNOW WHY I BOUGHT MY 1ST WHEELER ??? ??? But I know that since then I have made some great friends. Now I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle light dinne.............................oops, thats e harmoy. I LIKE GOING FAST 8)
I bought mine to cruise around River Ranch while wearing a thong, drinking beer and shooting a pistol in the air. I fit right in. ::)
Quote from: Anoriginal on February 21, 2008, 09:15:39 AM
I bought mine to cruise around River Ranch while wearing a thong, drinking beer and shooting a pistol in the air. I fit right in. ::)
You forgot the bullet proof vest.
to bother my neighbors.
Quote from: Anoriginal on February 21, 2008, 09:15:39 AM
I bought mine to cruise around River Ranch while wearing a thong, drinking beer and shooting a pistol in the air. I fit right in. ::)
Ahaaa!!!! That is you out there!!!!!
(http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff16/heywade/River%20Ranch%201st%20Trip/DSC02189_.jpg)
I bought both of mine (sport and utilty) to go places where it is illegal to ride, reek havoc on the environment, piss off surrounding neighborhoods, and just act like a non-conformist to the right wing tree licking, communist a holes that is stealing land from everyone on this site. I am riding illegal this weekend even though I own at R+R.
Quote from: Anoriginal on February 21, 2008, 09:15:39 AM
I bought mine to cruise around River Ranch while wearing a thong, drinking beer and shooting a pistol in the air. I fit right in. ::)
Well all but the Thong.
Mom wouldn't sign the permission slip to play football.
i bought mine to do doughnuts in neighbors lawns and make their 60lb akitia go nuts.... ohh no wait thats the punk kids in my neighborhood and that my yard!!
PLEASE BULD ONE DOWN SOUTH (like dade, palm beach, homestead ect) or maybe i should just fix my truck so i more than 6mpg when towing a trailer. darn forigen jobbers. :-\