ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: GSPKurt on March 09, 2005, 04:23:03 PM

Title: What oil to use?
Post by: GSPKurt on March 09, 2005, 04:23:03 PM
I was at the 'Zuki dealer today getting an oil filter for my new Eiger. He mentioned offhand that I shouldn't use automotive oil in my quad due to a wet clutch. Is this true? Why? What oil should I use?
Kurt
 [smiley=drive.gif] [smiley=drive.gif] [smiley=drive.gif] [smiley=drive.gif]
Title: Re: What oil to use?
Post by: Chuck_Norris on March 09, 2005, 07:20:50 PM
He is absolutley right, the friction modifiers in the automotive oil with prematurely cause clutch related problems. you want to stand by atv/motorcycle oils.
Title: Re: What oil to use?
Post by: GSPKurt on March 09, 2005, 07:23:03 PM
Thanks. ;D
Kurt
Title: Re: What oil to use?
Post by: Shotgun on March 10, 2005, 01:50:09 AM
I have an 04 Eiger 4x4 and use Yamalube 4. Works great.
Title: Re: What oil to use?
Post by: Da_Mtg_Man on March 10, 2005, 09:00:03 AM
I use yamalube on all my quads.
Title: Re: What oil to use?
Post by: backinsaddle on March 20, 2005, 10:59:15 PM
I use amsoil.  Last oil change I started using it, night and day difference in shifting.  It was smooth before...like butter now.