ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: Fox17 on January 31, 2008, 03:40:43 AM

Title: Will these tires fit my F250?
Post by: Fox17 on January 31, 2008, 03:40:43 AM
I found a set of used 315-75-16 for sale that I am gonna go get tomorrow if theyll fit a stock F250. I think its stock anyway. It sits high in the front though so I think it might be leveled (got it used). But, will that size even come close to fitting?



My truck is a 01 F250 4X4 with 305-70-16s on it now. They work fine. No problems at all. The guy that has them said that he had to trim a little off the plastic on the front bumper of his truck but other than that, he said that they work great. They are Toyo M/Ts and my truck also has the gas V8 (less weight on the front).
Title: Re: Will these tires fit my F250?
Post by: rtracey on January 31, 2008, 04:16:41 AM
Thry will fit fine ran the same set up on mine until I moved up to an 05.
Title: Re: Will these tires fit my F250?
Post by: Chillinthemost on February 01, 2008, 01:39:33 AM
The key to them fitting on a stock truck is the wheels. Stock width and offset you can probably get away with it. On a 10 in. aftermarket wheel you are going to hit.
Title: Re: Will these tires fit my F250?
Post by: Mars on February 01, 2008, 01:57:41 AM
315 is a bit wide for the stock rim. You need to check the actual tire dimensions. 315/70/16 BFG for example will not fit a stock 4x4 F250.
Title: Re: Will these tires fit my F250?
Post by: Chillinthemost on February 01, 2008, 02:03:18 AM
Quote from: Mars on February 01, 2008, 01:57:41 AM
315 is a bit wide for the stock rim. You need to check the actual tire dimensions. 315/70/16 BFG for example will not fit a stock 4x4 F250.
That is true, its on the narrow side but I see it all the time. Not on my truck though ;D.
Title: Re: Will these tires fit my F250?
Post by: Mudneck on February 01, 2008, 02:41:21 AM
Quote from: Fox17 on January 31, 2008, 03:40:43 AM
I found a set of used 315-75-16 for sale that I am gonna go get tomorrow if theyll fit a stock F250. I think its stock anyway. It sits high in the front though so I think it might be leveled (got it used). But, will that size even come close to fitting?



My truck is a 01 F250 4X4 with 305-70-16s on it now. They work fine. No problems at all. The guy that has them said that he had to trim a little off the plastic on the front bumper of his truck but other than that, he said that they work great. They are Toyo M/Ts and my truck also has the gas V8 (less weight on the front).
;D
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Title: Re: Will these tires fit my F250?
Post by: dj_pizzim on February 02, 2008, 12:41:48 AM
Quote from: Fox17 on January 31, 2008, 03:40:43 AM
I found a set of used 315-75-16 for sale that I am gonna go get tomorrow if theyll fit a stock F250. I think its stock anyway. It sits high in the front though so I think it might be leveled (got it used). But, will that size even come close to fitting?



My truck is a 01 F250 4X4 with 305-70-16s on it now. They work fine. No problems at all. The guy that has them said that he had to trim a little off the plastic on the front bumper of his truck but other than that, he said that they work great. They are Toyo M/Ts and my truck also has the gas V8 (less weight on the front).


yes
Title: Re: Will these tires fit my F250?
Post by: backwoods boy on February 02, 2008, 04:08:04 PM
go for it dude those are bad arse tires the buckshots rubbed so bad on my mazda it broke the stock front bumper off ['while i was flexing it] but it could tear up a mudhole :drive.gif