ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: Pat on January 24, 2008, 01:18:58 PM

Title: A Arm Change Suggestions?
Post by: Pat on January 24, 2008, 01:18:58 PM
I recently bought a YFZ 450 with Laeger long travel a-arms which extend my front to 50".  This proved to be too wide for the Quad Scramble race I did and want to continue doing. It also seems that everyone else has a narrower front.  I've got what appear to be nice Elka shocks on the bike as well.  Can anyone make a suggestion as to a good a-arm choice? I'm hoping that they'll fit the Elka's I've already got on there. I'm willing to spend a little extra for good ones.
Thanks in advance,
Pat
Title: Re: A Arm Change Suggestions?
Post by: atvtrailer on January 24, 2008, 02:00:50 PM
as for the brand im not sure, but you can get +0.5 a-arms in long travel which would only make your quad a total of 1" wider in the front and you could keep your long travel shocks. some feel that is still too wide and also get 4-1 offset rims which ends up narrowing it down even more
Title: Re: A Arm Change Suggestions?
Post by: novadave on January 25, 2008, 01:13:01 AM
Not all long travel setups are the same, so you need to measure your shocks and find an a arm company that sell arms in +.5 or maybe +1 that use the same length shocks. I know the houser +.5 XC arms use shorter shocks then there +2 and +2.5 arms.
Title: Re: A Arm Change Suggestions?
Post by: backinsaddle on January 25, 2008, 02:19:09 AM
why don't you call elka and see if they can tell you who makes compatible arms
Title: Re: A Arm Change Suggestions?
Post by: Pat on January 26, 2008, 03:47:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! If memory serves me correctly, isn't there a guy who has a shop in Apopka, FL that specializes in turning stock bikes into race bikes?
Pat
Title: Re: A Arm Change Suggestions?
Post by: KD 428 on January 26, 2008, 09:40:51 PM
I think that would be ATP. they are a site sponsor

Their # is 407 880 3171
Title: Re: A Arm Change Suggestions?
Post by: Pat on January 26, 2008, 09:59:36 PM
I think that is it! Thanks and much appreciated.
Pat
Title: Re: A Arm Change Suggestions?
Post by: trx#9 on January 26, 2008, 10:17:04 PM
Sell your +3 arms and shocks together and buy your new ones all together too. Don't try to mix match shocks and a arms its not worth your time and money.