ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: Inyourdraft2000 on April 17, 2005, 02:23:05 PM

Title: Carb question(overflow tube)?
Post by: Inyourdraft2000 on April 17, 2005, 02:23:05 PM
The over flow tube on the back of my Carb(Honda 400ex) constantly is leaking gas when I get on the throttle or ride wheelies. I can see it doing it while up on a wheelie but why is it leaking so much. Can someone tell me if I need to rebuild the carb or what to do. Thanks 8)
Title: Re: Carb question(overflow tube)?
Post by: Mars on April 18, 2005, 11:38:28 PM
Yes. Your float level is too high or the float needle is not seating (sealing).
Title: Re: Carb question(overflow tube)?
Post by: Inyourdraft2000 on April 20, 2005, 12:31:21 AM
Ok,Thanks. So can I just pull it apart and clean it or do I need to buy a rebuild kit. Thanks for the help 8)
Title: Re: Carb question(overflow tube)?
Post by: Mars on April 20, 2005, 10:33:50 PM
If your carefull you can salvage most of the o-rings. You may get by with just removing the float bowl and checking/cleaning the float valve.

If your bike is more than a few years old you may want to have a kit handy. Some aftermarket kits are less than $20 and include the most common items.