I have a 1999 banshee startes the first kick with the choke on. I have toomey t-5 full exhuast pro flow with K&N air filter AND SHAVED 40 OVER thinking about getting wiseco pistons
I do not want STD i would like to get the .020 or the .030 or .040 which ones should I get for any of them they are $130 for both. WHAT would i need to do if i get the bigger ones will i have to get the cylindres shaved or what. will it make my bike less reliable
THANK YOU
bump
you will have to get a fresh bore......i would go least as possible....so i would probably go to like 0.20 over. If you buy the pistons from a machine shop, send them your cylinders and have them bore them. If you buy them from a distributor, send your cylinders and pistons to a machine shop and have them re-bore them. TDR (Tony Doukas) in pompano does an EXCELLENT JOB on boreing cylinder. Wiseco are good pistons. You are not decreasing th reliability or integrity of the bike. You will not notice a lot of difference. You will notice some, just to the fact that the motor is FRESH. Good Luck....Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Tony Doukas shaved my heads
shaved your head down or bored your cylinders?
heads
shaving your head down just raised your compression then.
QuoteAND SHAVED 40 OVER THANK YOU
I think you meant to say the heads been mill .040 over. I would only go up one bore which is usually .020 over. You have a certain amount of times to bore out a cylinder before re-sleeving it. When you bore a top end you will give your quad a little more low end. It won't do anything to reliability. It'll still run the same. But since your increasing cylinder volume then you might need to rejet your carbs. Pending on how lean/rich it runs now. Wiseco are good pistons. Get the Pro-Lite piston Kit. It comes with the wrist pin as well. Some of the other Wiseco kits don't come with the wrist pin. Hope this helps. -Mark
this sounds like is is going to cost alot how much do you think this will cost me if the wiseco pistons cost $130
Well if the kit is 130$ for both pistions, rings, wrist pins, and clips that's not bad. The only other cost would be a top end gasket kit and the cost to bore it out. For reference my 500 cost me 79$ to have bore at a local bike/atv shop. I would try ebay for your gasket kit. -Mark
HEY THANKS ALOT MARK ;)
NICE TO HAVE SOME ONE HELP ME OUT
SO WHAT $250 TO $300 WHAT DO YOU THINK
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43971&item=4543539704&rd=1
Check this out. It might save you a few bucks. But I would say 300$ total. -Mark
THANK YOU IF ONLIY I HAD $150 I WOULD BID ON IT.
75 to bore
130 for pistons
20 base gasket (get a base gasket from TDR, they make their own and it is all one piece)
20 top end gasket kit
245 plus tax....don't get some e-bay person to bore your cylinder, get a shop that knows what they are doing...if you go to TDR, you will not be sorry...you will thank me later...
turbebansheekid check out this like vito pistons with gaskit kit $127 ship to your door i got a shop to bore out for $80 . http://www.racersedge.qn.com/
DO YOU THANK THE vito pistons ARE BETTER THAN WISECO PISTONS.
wiseco pro lites over vitos anyday.....80 to bore is high......
just to let u know vitos gets there pistons from wiseco. vitos super stock pistons are better then the wiseco.
haha, get the vito's then....or better yet, whoever bore's the cylinders ask them, and get the piston's they prefer.....we could be here argueing all year about piston's....
I have a Vito's superstock forged piston in my blaster bored .020 over and it runs like a beast, of course with the TDR reeds which are better than preety much all of the stock replacements because there reeds are single petal design. not to get off topic but I would get whatever the shop recommends but definently go to TDR to get the boring done. they do good work their, its just in a weird location heres the website:
http://tonydoukasracing.com/www/tonydoukasracing/
I would say about 250-300 bones