I have a 05 Z400 and I just put the yoshi complete exhaust on my Z and Wow what a difference, my only complaint is now it revs out too quick....I mean I hit the limiter in every gear now ??? Should I buy a rev box to increase my rpm's and what brand do you guys recommend?
Thanks for the help
MB
Try going up one tooth on the front sprocket. You might like the way in pulls with it. Plus it is cheaper than a CDI and if you don't like it, it's a cheap experiment.
good point going up one tooth on the front sprocket is a good way to improve that issue 15$ sprocket compared to 250$ revbox
ck out this site http://z400central.com/ for all kinds of info
the rev box is a definite improvement and its only like $100.00, i have them on both of mine and you can notice the difference thru the gears, if you need one PM me, I can get the "pro comp rev limiters..KEN
You may be able to pick up a used DRZ400E CDI. The rev limiter on those is 10,500. They are compatable. Don't get the DRZ400S version. They kick in at 10,000. I see them on ebay once in a while.