ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: GSPKurt on April 25, 2005, 05:49:48 PM

Title: Whats the difference between these 2 oils??
Post by: GSPKurt on April 25, 2005, 05:49:48 PM
What's the difference between Mobil 1 V-Twin synthetic and Mobil 1 Motorcycle synthetic, besides V-Twin is 20W-50 and Motorcycle is 10W-40? ???
Kurt
Title: Re: Whats the difference between these 2 oils??
Post by: 400exRacer77 on April 25, 2005, 08:50:17 PM
the weight, i think they do it to try and make more money cause its a different container.
Title: Re: Whats the difference between these 2 oils??
Post by: Yamaha72 on April 27, 2005, 09:41:25 PM
yeah they probably do that, but also the higher the weight is for hotter temperatures and the lower weight is for more cold weather.
Title: Re: Whats the difference between these 2 oils??
Post by: Chuck_Norris on April 30, 2005, 05:18:35 AM
Quoteyeah they probably do that, but also the higher the weight is for hotter temperatures and the lower weight is for more cold weather.
exactly right I run the V-Twin  oil in my Harley because it gets hot sittng at a red light. and Heat will break down the oil.
I also Run this in My YFZ450. Amsoil
Title: Re: Whats the difference between these 2 oils??
Post by: GSPKurt on May 01, 2005, 02:31:38 PM
I sent Mobil an email asking what the difference is.  ??? I will post their reply when I get it.
Title: Re: Whats the difference between these 2 oils??
Post by: GSPKurt on May 04, 2005, 05:50:43 PM
I have gotten 3 different email responses from Mobil. They keep telling me either oil is suitable for use in my Eiger. They either can't or won't tell me the difference between the 2 other than viscosity. [smiley=banghead.gif]