i know this is an atv fourum but ive been on here a while and trust peoples judgment so im gonna ask anyways but . is there anybody on here that paints cars? i need a paint job done on a 91 mustang lx 5.0 . the problem is im looking to spend about 600 bucks and macco and electro bake is just crap so i was wondering if anybodys interested ? oh yea im about 30 mins north of tampa . nick
I think swamper has a collision shop that does paint. I may be wrong.
Quote from: REBEL on December 21, 2007, 02:09:41 PM
I think swamper has a collision shop that does paint. I may be wrong.
Yes I do :) The bad part is I am in Naples, Fl and I couldn't touch it for 600 I am sorry. To give you an idea a complete paint job (same color) starts around $4000 (no body work) There is A LOT of work here is a little list
-remove all trim
-remove headlights
-remove hood
-remove fenders
-remove doors
-remove bumpers
-remove interior door trim
-cut in parts (hood,fenders,etc.) which means painting the inside
-reinstall hood, fender, any parts cut in.
-every part that gets painted gets sanded and blocked
-then painted (2 base coats, 3 clear)
-now after painted wetsand and buff every inch of the paint
-now put everything together
I am leaving a lot out but it gives you an idea of whats involved to get a good paint job with a LIFETIME warranty. If you leave steps out to lower cost after a few years down here it will not look good.
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on December 21, 2007, 05:12:47 PM
Quote from: REBEL on December 21, 2007, 02:09:41 PM
I think swamper has a collision shop that does paint. I may be wrong.
Yes I do :) The bad part is I am in Naples, Fl and I couldn't touch it for 600 I am sorry. To give you an idea a complete paint job (same color) starts around $4000 (no body work) There is A LOT of work here is a little list
-remove all trim
-remove headlights
-remove hood
-remove fenders
-remove doors
-remove bumpers
-remove interior door trim
-cut in parts (hood,fenders,etc.) which means painting the inside
-reinstall hood, fender, any parts cut in.
-every part that gets painted gets sanded and blocked
-then painted (2 base coats, 3 clear)
-now after painted wetsand and buff every inch of the paint
-now put everything together
I am leaving a lot out but it gives you an idea of whats involved to get a good paint job with a LIFETIME warranty. If you leave steps out to lower cost after a few years down here it will not look good.
Very True!
;D you guys old enough to remenber Jonny and Mack by the rail road track?
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on December 21, 2007, 05:12:47 PM
Quote from: REBEL on December 21, 2007, 02:09:41 PM
I think swamper has a collision shop that does paint. I may be wrong.
Yes I do :) The bad part is I am in Naples, Fl and I couldn't touch it for 600 I am sorry. To give you an idea a complete paint job (same color) starts around $4000 (no body work) There is A LOT of work here is a little list
-remove all trim
-remove headlights
-remove hood
-remove fenders
-remove doors
-remove bumpers
-remove interior door trim
-cut in parts (hood,fenders,etc.) which means painting the inside
-reinstall hood, fender, any parts cut in.
-every part that gets painted gets sanded and blocked
-then painted (2 base coats, 3 clear)
-now after painted wetsand and buff every inch of the paint
-now put everything together
I am leaving a lot out but it gives you an idea of whats involved to get a good paint job with a LIFETIME warranty. If you leave steps out to lower cost after a few years down here it will not look good.
I may bring you the CJ.... I know for a Woods Jeep, paint is overated but I want her too look GOOD in the MUD.
yea i know its a lot of work and $ but thats why i put 600 bucks up there . im just looking for sombody that wants to do some side work in there garage and know somewhat of what there doing and make a couple of bucks . not peferction . but thanks anyways swamper ;D
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on December 21, 2007, 05:12:47 PM
Quote from: REBEL on December 21, 2007, 02:09:41 PM
I think swamper has a collision shop that does paint. I may be wrong.
Yes I do :) The bad part is I am in Naples, Fl and I couldn't touch it for 600 I am sorry. To give you an idea a complete paint job (same color) starts around $4000 (no body work) There is A LOT of work here is a little list
-remove all trim
-remove headlights
-remove hood
-remove fenders
-remove doors
-remove bumpers
-remove interior door trim
-cut in parts (hood,fenders,etc.) which means painting the inside
-reinstall hood, fender, any parts cut in.
-every part that gets painted gets sanded and blocked
-then painted (2 base coats, 3 clear)
-now after painted wetsand and buff every inch of the paint
-now put everything together
I am leaving a lot out but it gives you an idea of whats involved to get a good paint job with a LIFETIME warranty. If you leave steps out to lower cost after a few years down here it will not look good.
yea but thats a colmpete paint job. if he wants a cheap one, they wont do all the door jams and all. just the outside. thats what maaco told us they do.
you do a GOOD job. thats the kind id get if i had the $.
Quote from: Mars on December 21, 2007, 10:18:05 PM
;D you guys old enough to remenber Jonny and Mack by the rail road track?
i have not heard that in a long time too funny :)
Quote from: Mars on December 21, 2007, 10:18:05 PM
;D you guys old enough to remenber Jonny and Mack by the rail road track?
man it has been a while LOL
Quote from: Mars on December 21, 2007, 10:18:05 PM
;D you guys old enough to remenber Jonny and Mack by the rail road track?
For those who never heard "We'll paint any car for $99.00" I think they used a Wagner and duct tape.