Today I went to get a trailer title transfered and found out I only needed a bill of sale. I also wanted to tranfer title on a 1996 RMX250 I recently bought. I found out I had to pay tax and Title fees to do that as well as purchase off highway registraion sticker. I guess I get all that, but I don't know how to handle the rest. I won a 2007 Polaris 450 and all I have is out of state bill of sale. How is that handled and I also have a 1989 RM125 I purchased as a back up bike and it only has a ill of sale. Can someone help me figure this out ???
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help,,,,I unlocked the topic for you so people could post.
Id@
Here ya go. Read pages 10-12. They will answer all your questions. You might want to print it out, because the people that work there usually don't know the laws. The older ones I would have someone write you a bill of sale that is dated earlier than 7/2002 with the VIN # on it. Then you don't have to pay tax. Good Luck
http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/Manuals/DMVProcedures/BTR/tl/TL-44.pdf
I appreciate your help very much !
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on December 10, 2007, 10:15:36 PM
Here ya go. Read pages 10-12. They will answer all your questions. You might want to print it out, because the people that work there usually don't know the laws. The older ones I would have someone write you a bill of sale that is dated earlier than 7/2002 with the VIN # on it. Then you don't have to pay tax. Good Luck
http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/Manuals/DMVProcedures/BTR/tl/TL-44.pdf
That part is especially true.
So, On the Polaris 450 I juast won I take it I have to come up with 7% tax on the declared value from the shipping reciept or should I call the Company in Georgia that it was purchased from and ask for a bill of sale for a lower amount ???
Quote from: smorin on December 10, 2007, 10:38:39 PM
So, On the Polaris 450 I juast won I take it I have to come up with 7% tax on the declared value from the shipping reciept or should I call the Company in Georgia that it was purchased from and ask for a bill of sale for a lower amount ???
You will have to pay the tax on the declared value. You can try asking them for a BOS for a lower amount, but I highly doubt they will go for it. They get a tax break based on the value of their "loss."
That gonna cost a few bucks to say the least. How strictly is that Off Highway sticker enforced places other than Croom and Ocala and sites like that...
Quote from: smorin on December 10, 2007, 08:07:45 PM
I won a 2007 Polaris 450
Are you related to anyone with the last name Pearce? :P
Quote from: smorin on December 10, 2007, 10:54:52 PM
That gonna cost a few bucks to say the least. How strictly is that Off Highway sticker enforced places other than Croom and Ocala and sites like that...
Don`t know about Croom but Ocala you will get a ticket.