I just finished snorkeling my 2006 Honda Foreman. I purchased the kit made by triangle atv and I will say it looks great. Very clean and easy to install. Very happy with it.
The kit comes with instructions to snorkel the airbox, front and rear diffs, oil cooler fan, and back breaks. I also extended the carbuerator vent lines up to the top of my snorkel. My question is in regards to the crankcase vent located at the bottom of the airbox. Is it vital that I extend that vent upwards as well or will there only be a problem if my airbox gets water in it ??
And what would you recommend to seal off the airbox a bit better ?? But would still allow me to access it when I needed. THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've got an 05' Foreman and I bought hi-temp rubber sealent (comes ina black squeeze tube at any hardware store) and I put that around the edges of the cover of the air box. I had my bike underwater all day the follow weekend and never got a drop of water in it. I should've done that a long time ago. The sealant forms into a gasket that doesn't stick to your box and comes off very easily all in one piece.
As for the crank case vent, I didn't extend mine because it runs to a filter inside your airbox. If you seal up your box you'll be fine otherwise you have to extend it and put a little filter on the end of the line.
I have used White /clear/black window Silicone to seal the airboxes on my Bikes....WATER Tight!
If the crankcase Breather is connected to your airbox then leave it alone you should be fine.
i was thinking about snokeling my quadrunner, does it need a jet kit, or can i install one and leave it stock?
Depends on the size of the pipe. I used 1-1/2" (same as stock) and it runs fine. Mine isn't a very long snorkel though. 1-1/2" might do you just right though.
Thanks. I will be sealing my airbox momentarily. Then it should be the submarine I've always dreamed of !!!!!!!!!!!!!
well then so i dont need a jet kit, this will be soemhting i will be doing within the next week
it all depends on the bike ive got an 03 recon that i snorkeled completely water tight was under water stuck for awhile but it needed jetted but my 86 trx was fine w/o a jetting
I have the snorkit also. I says to get a 27" fuel hose, 1/2 inch dia, loop it around the carb, and connect each end. Makes a loop that water won't go very easy. Not doing this will get water in the engine if the air box fills.
humm....
Does anyone know if you need to extend the gas vent line ?? Or just leave it as it ?? Does it make a difference when snorkeling a bike ??
Quote from: MudMan on December 11, 2007, 02:37:44 PM
Does anyone know if you need to extend the gas vent line ?? Or just leave it as it ?? Does it make a difference when snorkeling a bike ??
Do you go deep enough where the gas cap is under water?...If SO yes
I always extend the Cap Vent hose