OK i just spoke with the todd the promoter at Eastbay Raceway in riverview. http://www.eastbayracewaypark.com/dirt_track_home.html
I need to know how many people will commit to racing there.
It will not be on saturday nights most likley on Friday nights or sunday days. Id rather race on friday night since its so hot during the summer months. The best option would be to race on saturday nights with all the stock cars and such. If we can get a large number of racers to call Todd at Eastbay we might be able to push the door open on this. this track is right off I75 minutes from brandon. so tell your friends even if they want to come watch, tracks are in it for the money so we have to make that look good with people coming out there.
Chris
:)
Hoosier Daddy, did you ever get any where with East Bay Raceway? Looks like there was not any support for it. Is it still an option?
Talk about diggin up the dead 2004
I agree but a few years ago flat track wasnt "IN" as much as it is now. This track is close to home and it would be nice to have one local ;D
We would come and check it out. We're always looking for something new to scope out. Friday nights would be a little tough due to work, but whatever.
Sounds like we can get some support ::) Lets present this to them again. How many will be on board? Please reply ;D
I clicked on the link to the track several times but the page was unavailable. Do you have any details on the track? Length, shape, etc.?
It has been many years since I was last there, but it is a "D" oval with great banking, I beleive it is 1/3 mile
I found the site, it is eastbayracewaypark.com
Hopefully we can get some support.
Are you talking about flat track racing on quads? I think that would be awsome!!
Im in like Flynn, Brother! Any night or day!
Seems we have more support in a hour than we did in 1 1/2 years! Hopefully Hoosier Daddy will see this and attempt to set us up! I sent Hoosier Daddy an email because the pm button wasnt working for him earlier. I really hope that we can start racing there! Ocala just seems to far to drive every weekend. :D
That's close to home I'd be willing to come and watch and meet some of y'all. Heck Friday night I could stop off on my way to camp. Sunday afternoon I could stop off on my way home.
Riding to Ocala to ride is worth it when you have a good group like we do when we go.But racing on a flat track sounds like fun.
My bad I was talking about the flat track in Ocala, I too love the trails in Ocala!
If you look in the group rides section, Rellemniets has a kewl pic of us riding in Ocala.
The Reason why Eastbay never happened is becuse they would only let us race on the kart track,
which is WAY to short and narrow and has 0deg. banking. If we could race on Saturday nights before the sprints, cars, ETC. that would be ideal. This way we could race the track before it gets rutted up.
maybe we can do a Expo race one night to see how it goes with the crowd?...
Keep in mind, due to the size and banking of this track it isnt for the faint of heart..
Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on July 19, 2006, 06:57:06 AM
The Reason why Eastbay never happened is becuse they would only let us race on the kart track,
which is WAY to short and narrow and has 0deg. banking. If we could race on Saturday nights before the sprints, cars, ETC. that would be ideal. This way we could race the track before it gets rutted up.
maybe we can do a Expo race one night to see how it goes with the crowd?...
Keep in mind, due to the size and banking of this track it isnt for the faint of heart..
Concrete walls and quads dont mix...
So I guess that this will probabely go no where :'(
Have you seen the kart track in the last 2 yrs.? It's wider than Dade City was and about the same length. I ran LM's at East Bay for 5 yrs, and I don't think quads would work on the big track at all. Besides, they kinda use the kart track on Sat night shows, so it would prolly be on Fri nights with the karts.
Anyway....... I'd love to try it, and can bring 3-4 ft quads.
We ran 4 quads at a time in Valdosta, top two transferred to an A main and bottom two transferred to a B main so if Eastbay will let us run the Kart track it could work. Somebody call that man. Be sure to tell him we run flattrack tires only so he doesn't think quads will come tear up his track. Friday nights would be good for me since we run Ocala on Saturdays.
Count me n I'll give it a try.
I spoke with the track Pres today. He is willing to take a look at running quads on the Kart track which is 1/8 mile white clay. More to follow...
Quote from: HillKiller on July 20, 2006, 03:22:51 PM
I spoke with the track Pres today. He is willing to take a look at running quads on the Kart track which is 1/8 mile white clay. More to follow...
Good job Hillkiller, I am anxious to hear more!
i will be back in action in about 2 months and i will be coming out again. ive been waiting on a frame for my quad since i cracked mine in 8 places :( my family will be back as soon as all the quads are fixed.
Quote from: jayman on July 20, 2006, 06:31:22 PM
Quote from: HillKiller on July 20, 2006, 03:22:51 PM
I spoke with the track Pres today. He is willing to take a look at running quads on the Kart track which is banked 1/8 mile white clay. More to follow...
Good job Hillkiller, I am anxious to hear more!
4 of us are going to run an exhibition there tomorrow night during the Kart intermission. The owner has to check with his insurance co to see if quads are ok for racing and he wants to see how the flattrack tires do on the track. I will post more when I have more info.
Quote from: HillKiller on July 20, 2006, 07:44:56 PM
Quote from: jayman on July 20, 2006, 06:31:22 PM
Quote from: HillKiller on July 20, 2006, 03:22:51 PM
I spoke with the track Pres today. He is willing to take a look at running quads on the Kart track which is banked 1/8 mile white clay. More to follow...
Good job Hillkiller, I am anxious to hear more!
4 of us are going to run an exhibition there tomorrow night during the Kart intermission. The owner has to check with his insurance co to see if quads are ok for racing and he wants to see how the flattrack tires do on the track. I will post more when I have more info.
Wow, a post from 2004 to actually being able to race! I will be there tomorrow (I guess I am only allowed to watch) please update us immediately with info, we need to make a STRONG SHOWING. This is our chance to show EASTBAY that we are SERIOUS!!! Let's rally together tomorrow PLEASE!
Quote from: jayman on July 20, 2006, 08:30:20 PM
Quote from: HillKiller on July 20, 2006, 07:44:56 PM
Quote from: jayman on July 20, 2006, 06:31:22 PM
Quote from: HillKiller on July 20, 2006, 03:22:51 PM
I spoke with the track Pres today. He is willing to take a look at running quads on the Kart track which is banked 1/8 mile white clay. More to follow...
Good job Hillkiller, I am anxious to hear more!
4 of us are going to run an exhibition there tomorrow night during the Kart intermission. The owner has to check with his insurance co to see if quads are ok for racing and he wants to see how the flattrack tires do on the track. I will post more when I have more info.
Wow, a post from 2004 to actually being able to race! I will be there tomorrow (I guess I am only allowed to watch) please update us immediately with info, we need to make a STRONG SHOWING. This is our chance to show EASTBAY that we are SERIOUS!!! Let's rally together tomorrow PLEASE!
He asked how many would we bring, I said as many as 36 if we could match the turnout we get at Ocala. Then he said just bring 3 or 4 Friday night and lets take a look and he has to call his liability company. If all goes well we can run there every other Friday night, preferably on off weekends from Ocala. This track may draw some guys from South Fla who wont drive to Ocala...we'll see!
Looks like I will need to buy some tires! :o
Ronniesmailorder.com .... Hoosiers or American Racers
Quote from: jayman on July 20, 2006, 09:16:12 PM
I will await the decision from Eastbay, what size for the LTR450 and what is the approx cost for all four?
Most of us run 59x10x10 Hoosiers on rear and the matching tire on the front. If you buy a set of tires and wheels they are about $600 shipped. Also check ebay.
Swaybar for a Suz 450...none known of yet but check with Durablue (about a month out) .
He asked how many would we bring, I said as many as 36 if we could match the turnout we get at Ocala. Then he said just bring 3 or 4 Friday night and lets take a look and he has to call his liability company. If all goes well we can run there every other Friday night, preferably on off weekends from Ocala. This track may draw some guys from South Fla who wont drive to Ocala...we'll see!
[/quote]
:w
Quote from: HillKiller on July 20, 2006, 07:44:56 PM
Quote from: jayman on July 20, 2006, 06:31:22 PM
Quote from: HillKiller on July 20, 2006, 03:22:51 PM
I spoke with the track Pres today. He is willing to take a look at running quads on the Kart track which is banked 1/8 mile white clay. More to follow...
Good job Hillkiller, I am anxious to hear more!
4 of us are going to run an exhibition there tomorrow night during the Kart intermission. The owner has to check with his insurance co to see if quads are ok for racing and he wants to see how the flattrack tires do on the track. I will post more when I have more info.
Hillkiller, any more info for us, I know there are alot of people inquiring. We need to rally together tonight and make a strong showing. I know we will not be bringing our quads tonight but hopefully we can fill the stands.
i have to work all weekend and im not a big fan of driving 2 plus hours unless im riding when i get there so let us know how it turns out and i will race it if he lets us ;)
Good ole Dave ! Mans ALWAYS on the ball ! ;) ;D
Well I was there but I did not see 1 atv? Do not know what happened? Maybe next time? Personally I think the track is too small.
Quote from: jayman on July 21, 2006, 09:28:47 PM
Well I was there but I did not see 1 atv? Do not know what happened? Maybe next time? Personally I think the track is too small.
You left too early. We ran after the Kart Feature races at about 11:30pm. There were 5 quads. The crowd that gathered to watch was big and afterwards we parked in the open and several people came and asked about us and the bikes...it was pretty cool. We lined up 5 wide, Tim and Chris got the holeshot. I was able to get by Tim (he was riding Megan's bike) then on the last lap Chris left me enough room to get by on the bottom of turn 4. The photographer took all of our pictures and asked a bunch of questions. Now the bad news...yes the track is too small and the owner said we run way too fast and he feels the track isn't safe enough for the speed and the higher profile the quads have. He also said quads would not be allowed to run the 1/3 mile oval the sprints run. We had fun for the 2 minutes we were on the track and the crowd seemed to enjoy us but it doesn't look like it will pan out.
Thanx for all you guys efforts though! We appreciate it! ;D
dave, whast up with jasper man!!?? call dem peeps!! !! 8)
Quote from: derek330 on July 22, 2006, 06:01:06 PM
dave, whast up with jasper man!!?? call dem peeps!! !! 8)
I know I know. I will see whats what with Jasper on Monday. Plus, some guys called Doug tonight about a track in Auburndale that is similar to Valdosta. If we can get a date there we may get more exposure and draw new interest to Ocala when it reopens. They said they have a meeting with the track people this Tuesday. I still dont have a firm date from Valdosta for an August race but Dale did say that more flattrackers emailed him and said they heard quads ran there and wanted to know when we would be back. ;D
Quote from: HillKiller on July 23, 2006, 12:37:58 AM
Quote from: derek330 on July 22, 2006, 06:01:06 PM
dave, whast up with jasper man!!?? call dem peeps!! !! 8)
I know I know. I will see whats what with Jasper on Monday. Plus, some guys called Doug tonight about a track in Auburndale that is similar to Valdosta. If we can get a date there we may get more exposure and draw new interest to Ocala when it reopens. They said they have a meeting with the track people this Tuesday. I still dont have a firm date from Valdosta for an August race but Dale did say that more flattrackers emailed him and said they heard quads ran there and wanted to know when we would be back. ;D
Here's a link to pics of the Jasper track
http://www.ranlayracing.com/999crossroadsdirt.htm
cool i figured that some guys from valdookie would hear about it and want to race... if you or dale talk to any of them let me know. i can help them get into it sence i am close to them..
that track is sweet.... sure hope we can go there one day!! 8)
Wow. That Jasper track is nice ! Keep us updated Dave ! ;)
i guess me and scott are going aug 5th to show them our quads and ride on the track some.
mabey they will like us and want us to come race there...
Quote from: derek330 on July 24, 2006, 05:04:31 PM
i guess me and scott are going aug 5th to show them our quads and ride on the track some.
mabey they will like us and want us to come race there...
I dont know if they will like YOU two fat heads but they WILL like the show you guys will put on ! 2:L
if i were them i wouldnt like fatheads either!! LOL 8)
If the Jasper track works out, then maybe we could race there Friday night and Saturday night race at Valdosta the same weekend, once a month. This way we could cut the fuel cost/mileage almost in half. :Y
now that, I would do! ;D
Yo hoosier
i talked to this guy when i first moved to riverview and he was definitely interested in atvs there he wanted a good size group and he would let us run on the big oval not the kart track talk about high speed straights lol
We just raced there a month ago, they wont let us race on the big oval and they said we were to fast to race on the kart class.
why did they say the big oval wasnt avail. to you guys? hmm maybe once southern flat track league is 100% and there is a good number of members we can talk them into it? that would be awesome that track is great and well maintained
one word.... LIABILITY! they are afraid of a death... as it was put to us..